Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Feinstein releases cryptic statement about Brett Kavanaugh nomination amid intrigue over secret letter

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    My nomination hearing would be hilarious.

Senator: "Can you tell what you saw on a canoe trip in Lafeyette, Indiana in 1985?"

Witness: "The nominee was sitting in a shallow stream after consuming psychedelic mushrooms"

Senator: "Did he say anything?"

Witness: "He said, 'dude, these rocks are fucking beautiful'"

Nominee: *shrugs* *nods*
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-28-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Well, it's a done deal, the White House has ordered the investigation. The democrats win again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Well, it's a done deal, the White House has ordered the investigation. The democrats win again.
    Marry, sir, they have committed false report;
    moreover, they have spoken untruths;
    secondarily, they are slanders;
    sixth and lastly, they have belied a lady;
    thirdly, they have verified unjust things;
    and, to conclude, they are lying knaves.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Kavanaugh's response:

Prince, I won’t wait for my trial: listen to my story, and let the count kill me now. I tricked your own eyes. These stupid fools have uncovered what you in all your wisdom could not. They heard me confess to Conrade how Don John, your brother, prompted me to slander Hero—how you came to the orchard and saw me making sexual advances toward Margaret, who was disguised as Hero; how you disgraced Hero when you should have married her. They’ve recorded my crimes, and I would rather die than have to retell this shameful story. The lady has died because of the false accusations of me and my master. I desire nothing now but a criminal’s punishment.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) released the following statement after the conclusion of the today’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing:

“I had the opportunity to watch the hearing today and listened carefully to both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh testify. I believe allegations of sexual assault should be taken very seriously, and Dr. Ford deserved the opportunity to tell her story and be heard. I believe my job is to assess the facts that we have before us, and that’s very difficult when no corroboration exists regarding this allegation. Judge Kavanaugh has adamantly denied the allegation. The only three others named by Dr. Ford as being present, including Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford described as one of her lifelong friends, have no recollection of this event or this party. In fact, Ms. Keyser says she was never at a party with Brett Kavanaugh and, in fact, does not know Brett Kavanaugh. Dozens of men and women who knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school have attested to his good character. This includes 65 women who knew him at that time who wrote a letter saying the Brett Kavanaugh they knew treated women with decency and respect. In America there is a presumption of innocence when there is no evidence to corroborate a charge. Throughout his decades of public service, Judge Kavanaugh has been thoroughly vetted by the FBI on six different occasions, and no such allegation ever surfaced. I have known Judge Kavanaugh for more than 15 years, I know his wife Ashley, and I know his family. The Brett Kavanaugh I know is a man of integrity and humility. He also has the right qualifications and experience to serve on the Supreme Court. In fact, the American Bar Association has given him their highest rating, unanimously. I support his confirmation.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-28-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I really don't think so. Kavanaugh and Trump have nothing to lose by giving in to the Dems here. Kav's already been investigated 6 times, and there are tons of witnesses that say that the things Kav's accused of never happened. That's not going to change. If anything, when the FBI's done and have nothing to report, the Dems will probably cry about it and stomp their feet and sit in the corner with their arms crossed across their chest with pouty lips, and then the Republicans will point to them and say, "Hey, look, we tried to work with them and this is the result. Do you really want to vote for these people?" And this will all take place before the midterms.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (09-29-2018), RBP (09-28-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (09-29-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I really don't think so. Kavanaugh and Trump have nothing to lose by giving in to the Dems here. Kav's already been investigated 6 times, and there are tons of witnesses that say that the things Kav's accused of never happened. That's not going to change. If anything, when the FBI's done and have nothing to report, the Dems will probably cry about it and stomp their feet and sit in the corner with their arms crossed across their chest with pouty lips, and then the Republicans will point to them and say, "Hey, look, we tried to work with them and this is the result. Do you really want to vote for these people?" And this will all take place before the midterms.
    Yeah, I think this can only help shut the whore mouths of these people screaming about clearly nothing. Where not doing it allows them a platform to continue the anti women bs

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-29-2018), RBP (09-30-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    You both think the FBI clearing him will shut them up? They will never back down. Either they will shift the focus to something (or someone else) or blame the old white men in the FBI for not investigating good enough.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (10-01-2018), RBP (10-01-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious Sen. Hirono doesn't answer when asked whether Dems leaked Christine Ford's letter on Kavanaugh

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Sen. Mazie Hirono, who has emerged as one of the most vocal opponents of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, on Sunday didn't directly answer when asked if she was confident Democrats didn't strategically leak Christine Ford's accusations against him just days before a crucial Judiciary Committee vote.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., received a letter from Ford in July outlining her claim that Kavanaugh had attacked her at a house party in the 1980s, and her office immediately recommended Ford retain a prominent liberal lawyer. But, as Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and other top Republicans repeatedly noted last week, Feinstein failed to follow committee protocols and notify her colleagues or federal authorities, even on a confidential basis, about the accusations.

"Are you confident the Democrats didn’t leak that letter, and how do you respond to Senator Graham’s charge that it was inappropriate for the Democrats to refer Dr. Blasey Ford to a lawyer?" host George Stephanopoulos asked Hirono on ABC's "This Week."

"All of these things do not focus on what we should be focusing, which is the credibility of Judge Kavanaugh," Hirono, D-Hawaii, responded, before calling Kavanaugh's claims of a political conspiracy against him "bizarre."

"And, by the way, even as all of these accusations about this being politically motivated are being tossed around, everyone acknowledges, including Judge Kavanaugh, that Dr. Ford is not being politically motivated," Hirono, who has suggested Kavanaugh did not deserve due process because of his "outcome-driven" conservative legal philsophy, continued. "That is very clear."

The apparent non-answer likely would fuel Republicans' efforts to seek a deeper inquiry into exactly how news of Ford's confidential letter ended up in the hands of The Intercept -- a leak that GOP leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have strongly suggested was orchestrated by Democrats.

"I'm going to get to the bottom of it," Graham told Fox News on Sunday, suggesting that someone in Feinstein's office or one of Ford's attorneys may have been responsible for strategically deploying the leak to harm Kavanaugh's chances. Graham also flatly said it was improper for Feinstein's office to recommend to Ford that she hire an attorney, especially one with connections to Feinstein and the Democratic Party.

In an explosive exchange during Thursday's hearing, Feinstein denied leaking the letter under questioning from Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, R-Texas. Feinstein then turned to her staff behind her, who also claimed they did not leak it, and suggested Ford's friends were behind the disclosure.

"Well, I'm telling you I did not," said Feinstein, who added: "It's my understanding that [Ford's] story was leaked before the letter became public and she testified that she had spoken to her friends about it, and it's most likely that that's how this story leaked ... But it did not leak from us, I assure you that."

Feinstein's handling of the letter has drawn the ire of top Republicans for weeks. In a scathing letter to Feinstein earlier this month, Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote that "I cannot overstate how disappointed I am" in the California Democrat's refusal to share Ford's allegation, saying her decision had ultimately compromised Ford's anonymity and unfairly stalled Kavanaugh's confirmation by politicizing a sexual assault claim.

Separately, Hirono also suggested that the unfolding FBI supplemental background check into Kavanaugh -- which Democrats had long demanded -- is shaping up to be a "farce," saying it should not be limited to seven days or limited to certain topics.

President Trump has insisted the FBI will have discretion to interview "whoever" it wants, and in response to Hirono's interview, Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said the Hawaii senator was being predictable.

"The goalpost moving never stops," Hatch wrote on Sunday.

None of the witnesses that Ford, a California professor, has identified as being present at the party where she was allegedly assaulted -- including Leland Ingham Keyser, her best friend at the time -- have said they remember anything about the episode. Asked about Keyser's statement, Ford suggested on Thursday her friend was having medical issues.

In her testimony earlier in the day, Ford -- who had told Feinstein in her July letter that the party included "included me and 4 others" -- changed the tally, and told senators that there were four boys there, in addition to her female friend. In an August note Ford wrote in advance of a polygraph exam she took at the direction of her lawyers, she maintained that "there were 4 boys and a couple of girls" at the party, again apparently contradicting her letter to Feinstein in July.

Crucially, in Ford's Thursday testimony, she mentioned for the first time that she did not know the identity of one of the boys at the party, offering a possible last-minute explanation for why the other purported attendees were at a party relatively far from their own neighborhoods.

Ford has claimed that her therapist inaccurately recorded in 2012 that she had said four boys were in the room when she was attacked. Ford has also testified that the alleged attack occurred in 1982, after first telling The Washington Post it happened in the mid-1980s.

Additionally, Ford testified Thursday she had been unaware of committee Republicans' offers, which were communicated publicly and to her attorneys, to fly out to California to meet with her so that they could accomodate her reported fear of flying and expedite the confirmation process -- one of several discrepencies that Graham told Fox News on Sunday he wanted to probe.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-01-2018), RBP (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Cotton says Feinstein will be investigated over leaked letter by Kavanaugh accuser

By Andrew O'Reilly, | Fox News

Sen. Tom Cotton said Sunday that Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office will be investigated to determine whether or not they leaked the confidential letter from Christine Blasey Ford that detailed allegations of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Feinstein, who represents California and who is the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, had received the letter from Ford sometime over the summer and was asked to keep it confidential. At some point, however, the letter was leaked to the press, although Feinstein denies that anyone in her office is responsible.

“They have betrayed her,” Cotton, R-Ark, said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” about Ford. ” “She has been victimized by Democrats ... on a search-and-destroy mission for Brett Kavanaugh.”

Cotton added that the Democrats will be to blame if women stop coming forward to report sexual assaults because Ford’s confidentiality was compromised. The National Sexual Violence Resource Center found that 63 percent of incidents of sexual abuse go unreported to the police.

Along with the investigation into Feinstein’s handling of the letter, Cotton noted that lawyers recommended to Ford by Democrats will face a bar investigation in Washington, D.C., for telling her that Senate Judiciary Committee staffers were unwilling to travel to California to interview her about her sexual-assault allegation.

The Arkansas Republican’s comments come as the FBI is investigating two of the three allegations of sexual misconduct leveled at Kavanaugh.

Besides Ford, Deborah Ramirez has accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when they were Yale classmates. Kavanaugh has denied Ramirez's claim that he exposed himself to her at a party in the early 1980s.

Another woman, Julie Swetnick, accused Kavanaugh of excessive drinking and inappropriate treatment of women in the early 1980s, among other accusations. Kavanaugh has called her accusations a "joke."

The FBI is not investigating these allegations.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-01-2018), Muddy (10-01-2018), RBP (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious

She's a liar. And Avenatti is a scumbag.
    Kavanaugh Accuser Lied About Background, Has History Of Making Sexual Misconduct Claims In Workplace, Report Says
    By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

One of the women who has accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct from over 30 years ago allegedly has an extensive history of making sexual misconduct claims in the workplace and has lied about her background to employers.

Julie Swetnick, who is represented by sensationalist Democratic lawyer Michael Avenatti, faced serious allegations of misconduct in a lawsuit brought by Portland-based Webtrends, a company where she was employed for a few months in 2000.

Webtrends said in the lawsuit that Swetnick claimed that she graduated from Johns Hopkins University and that the company subsequently learned that the university had no records of her ever attending, and that she also made false claims about her work experience. OregonLive reports:

The suit also alleges Swetnick "engaged in unwelcome, sexually offensive conduct" while at Webtrends and "made false and retaliatory allegations that other co-workers had engaged in inappropriate conduct toward her."

The suit alleges Swetnick "engaged in unwelcome sexual innuendo and inappropriate conduct" directed at two male employees during a business lunch, with Webtrends customers present. Swetnick claimed two other employees had sexually harassed her, according to the suit.

The tech company said that Swetnick engaged in misconduct but never found any evidence to corroborate any of the allegations she made against her coworkers.

Webtrends also said that Swetnick had taken a medical leave of absence while simultaneously collecting unemployment benefits in Washington, D.C. The company added that she threatened legal action against the company over her unsubstantiated claims of workplace harassment.

This is only the latest accusation that has been made public about Swetnick that raises serious concerns about her credibility as a witness against Kavanaugh.

The Wall Street Journal reported last week that Swetnick sued New York Life Insurance Co. over a sexual misconduct claim using a law firm run by Debra Katz, the lawyer who is representing Christine Blasey Ford, one of Kavanaugh's other accusers.

Politico also reported last week that Swetnick, who has had her fair share of problems with the IRS, had a restraining order filed against her by her ex-boyfriend, Richard Vinneccy, who said, "She’s not credible at all. Not at all."

Swetnick claimed that Kavanaugh participated in a gang-rape ring that ran trains on drugged girls at parties while he was a sophomore in high school and that she, as an adult in college, attended around ten of these parties with high schoolers and that she never reported the alleged crimes that were being committed against the minors.

Avenatti responded to the allegations against his client in the OregonLive report as being "Complete bogus."

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-01-2018), Muddy (10-01-2018), RBP (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Imagine that.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Uh oh... Tables a turnin'...

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Imagine that.
    I love how the FBI is just ignoring her.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-02-2018)