Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Feinstein releases cryptic statement about Brett Kavanaugh nomination amid intrigue over secret letter

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Clarence Thomas had 52% of Americans support during his confirmation hearing and then the Anita Hill thing came up when it was all said and done Clarence Thomas then had 58% of Americans support

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,557 Times in 5,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    In this case, it's because she's completely full of shit. Think Anita Hill.
    By full of shit, you mean making this up?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Why are we even having this conversation?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    By full of shit, you mean making this up?
    Yes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    #ResistTrump
    #BelieveAllWomen
    #MeToo
    #RapeCulture

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-18-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Really? Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story

Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor - The Daily Caller

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.

Katz said on CNN on Monday that investigators should be responsible for proving Christine Blasey Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh held her down and drunkenly groped her while at a party in high school.

During the interview, Katz revealed that there was another girl present at the party, which allegedly took place in 1982 while Kavanaugh was attending Georgetown Prep. Ford previously told the Washington Post that there were four boys at the party but never indicated if there were other girls beside herself.

“While we have you, perhaps you can help us fill in the blanks on some of her story. She says that she was at a party in probably 1982 in Montgomery County, Maryland. She says that there were four guys there, these are high school students, as was she. There were four guys there. Were there any girls there that day?” anchor Alisyn Camerota asked.

“Yes, there was another girl at this party, yes,” Katz said.

Camerota asked if Ford has tried to talk to any of the other partygoers to see if they will corroborate her story, but Katz declined to place the burden of proof on her client.

“That’s not her job to do that. If this is going to be investigated, it should be done by investigators,” Katz asserted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-18-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-18-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's not her job to prove her own story

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Muddy is a wookie. #believeallRBPs

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    That chick on the right needs a doo-rag..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's all speculative.

I wasn't saying this woman is morally entitled, just offering an alternative explanation why she brought it up now, the other implausible explanation being that a professor decided to randomly accuse a to-be judge of sexual assault.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-18-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Grassley threatens to nix 11th-hour session if Kavanaugh accuser won't respond to invite

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Tuesday raised the possibility that next week’s high-stakes open hearing to examine the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh could be canceled if the accuser doesn’t accept the committee’s invitation.

Grassley, R-Iowa, scheduled a hearing for Monday for Kavanaugh and accuser Christine Blasey Ford to answer questions from senators about the allegation. But Grassley said during a Tuesday radio interview that his office has reached out several times to Ford and her attorneys to discuss her allegation, but has heard nothing back.

“We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email and we have not heard from them, and it kind of raises the question, do they want to come to the public hearing or not?” Grassley said on The Hugh Hewitt Show.

Asked whether there would be a hearing if Ford did not agree to appear, Grassley suggested he couldn’t see a reason to hold one.

“What would be the purpose of the hearing if Dr. Ford doesn’t want to respond?” Grassley said.

In the case Ford accepts the invitation, Grassley said he is considering the possibility of having an independent questioner ask all the questions to Ford.

Ford, a California-based professor, revealed her identity over the weekend in a Washington Post report. She said that Kavanaugh, while in high school, pinned her down, tried to remove her bathing suit and put his hand over her mouth when she attempted to scream. Kavanaugh has denied the allegation.

The announcement of the last-minute hearing evoked memories of the 1991 Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, where senators scrambled to arrange a hearing after Thomas was confronted with sexual harassment accusations by law professor Anita Hill. Thomas denied the accusations and was narrowly confirmed.

During television appearances on Monday, Ford’s attorney, Debra Katz, indicated her client was “willing to take whatever it takes to get her story forth,” and would testify before the committee under oath. But Katz has not confirmed that Ford will show up for Monday’s open hearing, which would be aired live on television.

Speculation about whether Ford will ultimately accept the invitation follows reports she was reluctant to go public with her accusation after tipping off congressional Democrats.

Grassley, announcing the Monday hearing, said it would "give these recent allegations a full airing."

White House spokesman Raj Shah said Kavanaugh is willing to testify.

“Judge Kavanaugh looks forward to a hearing where he can clear his name of this false allegation. He stands ready to testify tomorrow if the Senate is ready to hear him,” Shah said.

Democrats have called for delaying Kavanaugh’s vote until there is a full FBI review of the matter.

But Grassley told Hewitt on Tuesday that the FBI investigation “is closed” and that the FBI is not doing any further investigation.

Meanwhile, Kavanaugh was spotted Tuesday arriving at the White House for meetings – as he did the day before.

President Trump on Monday stood by Kavanaugh, calling him one of the “finest people that I have ever known” while acknowledging a "little delay" may be necessary before the nomination is voted on in the Senate.

In his first public comments on the controversy, the president also criticized Democrats over the timing of the allegation.

“I wish the Democrats could have done this a lot sooner because they had this information for many months," Trump told reporters at the White House. "And they shouldn't have waited until literally the last days. They should have done it a lot sooner.”

The president said he’s open to delaying the confirmation proceedings in Congress while the allegations are investigated.

"If it takes a little delay it'll take a little delay," Trump said. "It shouldn't certainly be very much."

Kavanaugh has forcefully denied the sexual assault accusations Ford alleged took place while the two were in high school.

"This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes — to her or to anyone," Kavanaugh said in a statement. "Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making the accusation until she identified herself yesterday."

All 10 Democrats on the committee on Monday have urged Grassley to postpone the vote on Kavanaugh's nomination. Multiple sources told Fox News Thursday's committee confirmation vote has been postponed amid the newly scheduled hearing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-18-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    It's all speculative.

I wasn't saying this woman is morally entitled, just offering an alternative explanation why she brought it up now, the other implausible explanation being that a professor decided to randomly accuse a to-be judge of sexual assault.
    Randomly? An uber-liberal university professor (if you've been paying attention to news articles in here, then you'll realize that "uber-liberal" and "university professor" is pretty much saying the same thing), who has been outed as an Anti-Trump protester, decides at the 11th hour to come out and accuse Trump's pick for the Supreme Court of sexual assault. Because nothing else the Democrat's have done to try to sabotage this appointment has worked.

Why throw the accusation out there anonymously? And why wait this long?

If this really happened, then why can't she remember details? She doesn't remember exactly where it happened, she doesn't remember exactly when... if it was so pivotally detrimental to her life that she needed intense therapy for years, then wouldn't every last horrible detail be burned in her memory for the rest of her life? Before you answer that question, keep in mind that I have been through a pivotally detrimental experience in my life, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. I remember every fucking detail of it, and I will until the day I die.

Furthermore, why not go to the police? I mean you can't prove anything now, and even if you could, the statute of limitations has surely ran out by now. But she could have brought charges against him and the other guy that she named (surprise! surprise! A conservative writer!) 35+ years ago when it allegedly happened. She could have brought charges at any time during which the statute of limitations hadn't expired. Did she? No.

Now let's talk about Feinstein. She knew about this accusation since July and she didn't bring it up until now. She went through all the interviews and committees related to this appointment, even meeting Kavanaugh and questioning him in private, knowing this accusation was out there, and she didn't even bring it up. She said and did nothing about it at all, not even to her own party members until now.

Feinstein forwarded the accusation to the FBI, and the FBI decided not to bother with it. If there was any clout to this accusation, they would be all over it.

This woman hasn't accepted an invitation to testify before Congress after saying that she would testify. Kavanaugh has quickly accepted the invitation. They have a tentative hearing scheduled. It depends on whether or not she agrees to testify before Congress. If she accepts, I will be surprised. She is full of shit, lying her ass off, making it up... however you want to put it, that's what she's doing. And the Democrats are using it to play dirty politics. This is not real, this is a bullshit tactic to #StopTrump. #MeTooGoneTooFar

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (09-19-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.
    What the actual fuck

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-18-2018), RBP (09-18-2018)