Thread: Surgeon seen on Bravo reality show, girlfriend allegedly drugged, sexually assaulted women

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Busted Surgeon seen on Bravo reality show, girlfriend allegedly drugged, sexually assaulted women

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

A California orthopedic surgeon who once appeared on a Bravo reality TV show and his girlfriend have been charged with drugging and sexually assaulting two women, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.

Grant William Robicheaux, 38, and Cerissa Laura Riley, 31, were charged with rape by use of drugs, oral copulation by anesthesia or controlled substance, and assault with intent to commit sexual offense.

Robicheaux, an orthopedic surgeon, appeared on the Bravo television show “Online Dating Rituals of the American Male” four years ago.

Officials say he and Riley spent a lot of time traveling to various festivals, including Burning Man, which is known for its heavy drug use by festivalgoers.

According to a press release from the Orange County District Attorney’s office, the charges stem from two separate situations and involving two as-yet unidentified women.

Prosecutors say that Robicheaux and Riley met the first woman, 32, at a Newport Beach restaurant in April 2016. On April 10, they allegedly invited her to a party and brought her back to Robicheaux’s apartment “once she was intoxicated.”

“The defendants are accused of supplying multiple drugs to the victim, then raping and orally copulating her while she was prevented from resisting due to intoxicating and controlled substances and they should have reasonably known of her condition,” the district attorney's office said.

The woman contacted police the next day.

The second case unfolded less than six months later, on Oct. 2, 2016.

The pair were said to have met the second woman at a Newport Beach bar, where they drank with her until she was unconscious.

Prosecutors say they took her back to Robicheaux’s apartment, where they sexually assaulted her “with intent to commit rape.” Officials say she woke up and screamed for help, prompting a neighbor to contact police.

District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said he fears there may be more victims, adding that the couple videotaped hundreds -- if not thousands -- of sexual encounters with women, Fox 11 reported.

"We believe the defendants used their good looks and charms to lower the inhibitions of their potential prey,” Rackauckas said during a news conference Tuesday. "We've all heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Well, a wolf can wear scrubs or doctor’s clothing. Or a wolf can be a beautiful woman.”

Robicheaux and Riley are also charged with possessing large quantities of drugs. And Robicheaux faces an additional charge of possessing an assault weapon charge.

If found guilty, he could serve up to 40 years in prison. while Riley faces just over 30 years.

They are due back in court on Oct. 25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-19-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Wow.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    I live 30 min away...I didn't get picked up

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    they already satisfied their midget fetish, sorry buddy

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I live 30 min away...I didn't get picked up
    You should have been more drunk!
    Don't make the same mistake again.
    Opportunity lost.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Charges will be dropped against ex-California surgeon, girlfriend in high-profile rape case

By David Aaro, Morgan Phillips | Fox News

All criminal charges will be dropped against a California reality TV show surgeon accused of drugging and sexually assaulting seven women with his girlfriend, according to a release on Tuesday by The Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

"District Attorney Todd Spitzer announced today that all criminal charges will be dropped against a 39-year-old Newport Beach orthopedic surgeon and reality television star Grant Robicheaux and his 33-year-old girlfriend Cerissa Riley who were accused of drugging and sexually assaulting seven women," the release said.

Prosecutors had determined there is no "provable evidence" that Robicheaux and Riley "committed any sexual offense."

pitzer announced their months-long review indicated there was no visual evidence depicting an incapacitated woman being sexually assaulted by Robicheaux or Riley. The review also acknowledged that not a single independent witness said they saw the defendants sexually assault an unconscious woman.

“My sworn duty as the elected district attorney is not to secure convictions,” said Spitzer. “My sworn duty is to pursue justice and ensure that the rights of victims and defendants are protected."

The release said that Spitzer's predecessor, Tony Rackauackas, admitted in a sworn deposition last June that "he used the case to garner media attention to help his re-election campaign."

Spitzer called it a "travesty."

"The prior District Attorney and his chief of staff manufactured this case and repeatedly misstated the evidence to lead the public and vulnerable women to believe that these two individuals plied up to 1,000 women with drugs and alcohol in order to sexually assault them – and videotape the assaults," Spitzer said, according to the release.

In 2018, Robicheaux and Riley had been detained on a $1 million bail as they faced charges of kidnapping and rape by use of drugs, among other crimes. Robicheaux, an orthopedic surgeon who once appeared on reality Bravo TV show “Online Dating Rituals of the American Male,” faced up to 82 years in prison to life if convicted and Riley faced up to 63 years.

"While I cannot undo the injustice that has already been done in this case, I can – and I will – continue to fulfill my legal and ethical obligations as the elected District Attorney of Orange County and dismiss all criminal charges against Dr. Grant William Robicheaux and Cerissa Laura Riley," Spitzer said.

Authorities suggested there could be “thousands of victims” of the couple. “I have not seen a case in my career that involved this many videos and sexual acts and possible crimes,” then-District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said in September 2018.

They believed Robicheaux and Riley used their looks to prey on the alleged victims. “We believe the defendants used their good looks and charms to lower the inhibitions of their potential prey,” Rackauckas said. “We've all heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Well, a wolf can wear scrubs or doctor’s clothing. Or a wolf can be a beautiful woman.”

“There are thousands and thousands of videos and images. ... There are several videos where women in the videos appear to be highly intoxicated, beyond the ability to consent or resist. They are barely responsive to the defendants’ sexual advances,” he added. “Based on this evidence, we believe there might be many unidentified victims out there.”

Defense lawyers said no such videos existed. Spitzer, the current DA, confirmed this.

“There is not a single piece of evidence or video or photo that shows an unconscious or incapacitated woman being sexually assaulted. Not one,” Spitzer said.

“No one felt any of the charged victims, the seven, could be proven,” Spitzer said.

The district attorney said he will meet with the victims to explain why the review did not sustain a burden of proof.