#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Obvious Chevy Chase slams SNL: 'Worst f------ humor in the world'

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

Former "Saturday Night Live" star Chevy Chase slammed the late night show and creator Lorne Michaels in an interview published Wednesday for "the worst f------ humor in the world."

Speaking to The Washington Post, the 74-year-old Chase, one of SNL's original cast members, said that while he didn't want to offend Michaels or the show's current cast, he's "amazed Lorne has gone so low."

"I just couldn't f------ believe it," Chase said of the current show, set to premiere its 44th season. "That means a whole generation of s---heads laughs at the worst f------ humor in the world."

"You know what I mean? How could you dare give that generation worse sh-- than they already have in their lives? It just drives me nuts," Chase told the newspaper.

The "Caddyshack" star, who was featured on the show during its first one and a half seasons, said the show "went downhill" after its first two years on air. "Why am I saying that? Because I was in it? I guess."

After taking swipes at the show as a whole, Chase criticized two of its former stars — particularly Will Ferrell and Tina Fey.

Chase said Ferrell's iconic impression of former President George W. Bush was "just not funny. Makes $25 million a picture," and that while he "liked" Tina Fey, he "didn't see what all the folderol was about. She was good."

He did, however, praise former castmembers Eddie Murphy, Kristen Wiig, Gilda Radner, Dana Carvey and Dan Aykroyd.

Chase, who made an appearance at SNL's 40th Anniversary Special in 2015, won three Emmy Awards for his work on the show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    They do suck... But tbh Chase has been a grumpy old man for a while now..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Godfather (09-24-2018), lost in melb. (09-24-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    I used to watch SNL on a semi regular basis, then when Trump was running for president they just went overboard to the point I couldn't watch it anymore

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (09-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I lost interest in it about the mid 80's.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I'm 30 years old and I don't feel like SNL has been relevant in the entire time I've been old enough to watch Like Muddy said though, Chevy Chase has a recent track record of being an asshole and nobody seems to want to work with him anymore.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    both he and snl used to be funny

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Boo Hoo Pete Davidson Calls Chevy Chase a “F***ing Douchebag” After ‘SNL’ Rant

By Claire Spellberg - Decider

Diss Saturday Night Live, and Pete Davidson will come after you. Last week, Chevy Chase told the Washington Post that SNL has gone “downhill” since he starred on the show in the 1970s, and on Monday, Davidson stepped in to defend the iconic sketch series. During a guest spot on The Howard Stern Show, the current SNL cast member called Chase’s comments “disrespectful” and insisted that the “putz” should be ignored.

When asked about Chase’s criticism, Davidson said, “He’s a fucking douchebag. Fuck Chevy Chase.” He continued, “He’s just a genuinely bad, racist person and I don’t like him. He’s a putz.”

After asking what Chase has been up to since 1983 — “He had a really big career and then it stopped because everyone realized he’s a jerk off,” said Davidson — the young comedian defended his boss, SNL creator Lorne Michaels. “It’s disrespectful to Lorne, too, a guy who gave you your career,” said Davidson. “No matter how big you get, you still can’t forget what that guy did for you.”

Davidson’s words are probably warranted, considering what Chase said about SNL and his former boss. “I don’t want to put down Lorne or the cast, but I’ll just say, maybe off the record, I’m amazed that Lorne has gone so low. I had to watch a little of it, and I just couldn’t f*cking believe it,” Chase told the Washington Post. He went on to describe SNL in 2018 as “the worst f*cking humor in the world” and called the show’s current fans “shitheads.” Said Chase, “How dare you give that generation worse shit than they already have in their lives? It just drives me nuts.”

So, yeah, don’t expect to see Chevy Chase hosting Saturday Night Live any time soon.