Thread: Twitter Suspends James Woods. Woods Stands His Ground.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Double Standards Twitter Suspends James Woods. Woods Stands His Ground.

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Twitter suspended conservative actor James Woods over a tweet from months ago that the left-leaning platform deemed "has the potential to be misleading in a way that could impact an election."

A high-level Twitter official who was not authorized to speak on the record told The Daily Wire last week that the platform was suspending accounts that tweeted "pieces of media," including memes and graphics, that falsely portrayed certain messages as coming from the Democratic party.

The official said that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) "flagged" the content for Twitter and the platform deemed it was part of a "misinformation campaign" that was being viewed as a "targeted voter suppression initiative."

The official said that they would do the same for the Republican National Committee (RNC), but did not know if the Republicans had ever flagged content for Twitter to review, or if the platform had ever taken the same actions for Republicans in the past. The Daily Wire spoke to multiple officials throughout the Republican Party about whether the party had ever flagged content for a social media platform to review — none of the officials were able to find to any specific instances.

Sarah Miller, Wood's girlfriend, wrote in a tweet that Woods was suspended for the following tweet:

Woods was told that if he deleted the tweet the suspension on his account would be lifted.

Woods initially responded with a short message to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, saying: "You are a coward, @jack. There is no free speech for Conservatives on @Twitter."

Woods told the Associated Press on Sunday that he will not delete the tweet, saying, "Free speech is free speech — it’s not Jack Dorsey’s version of free speech."

"The irony is, Twitter accused me of affecting the political process, when in fact, their banning of me is the truly egregious interference," Woods told the AP. "Because now, having your voice smothered is much more disturbing than having your vocal chords slit. If you want to kill my free speech, man up and slit my throat with a knife, don’t smother me with a pillow."

"I wish this were about an unknown Twitter user so that I could be even more passionate about it," Woods continued. "This is not about a celebrity being muzzled. This is about an American being silenced — one tweet at a time."

In an email sent to his friends on Sunday, and posted to Twitter by Miller, Woods wrote that his "1.7 million followers will no longer hear my views."

"The goods news, I guess, is that liberals (Jack Dorsey, Twitter's CEO, is an unabashed ultra liberal) are now closer to their nirvana of a world without criticism or opposition," Woods said. "The bad news is that they inevitably will be next."

The Daily Wire reached out to Twitter for comment about Woods' suspension and received no response.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I think it could be a bit more clear both from him and the article above that the photo he posted calming to be from some democratic group reading 'we're making women's votes worth more by staying at home' is a total hoax.... that said, him being banned is still stupid.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    "A high-level Twitter official who was not authorized to speak on the record told The Daily Wire"

so is this fake news?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Nope, his account was really suspended for a short while. I believe it's been reinstated.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.