Thread: Kanye West delivers pro-Trump speech on 'Saturday Night Live,' receives boos from audience

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Kanye West delivers pro-Trump speech on 'Saturday Night Live,' receives boos from audience

By Katherine Lam, | Fox News

Kanye West delivered an impromptu speech defending his support for President Trump at the end of his “Saturday Night Live” appearance, receiving boos from the audience and causing some of the cast members to shake their heads in disapproval.

West, wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, ended his season premiere guest spot on the show with the performance of “Ghost Town.” But instead of just thanking the audience and walking off stage, the rapper went on a political rant after the broadcast ended. Clips posted by audience members, including comedian Chris Rock, captured the speech.

“I wanna cry right now, black man in America, supposed to keep what you’re feelin’ inside right now…” West says with a melody playing in the background. “The blacks want always Democrats…you know it’s like the plan they did, to take the fathers out the home and put them on welfare… does anybody know about that? That’s a Democratic plan.”

In another clip West continues, “There’s so many times I talk to a white person and [they] say, ‘How could you like Trump, he’s racist?’ Well, if I was concerned about racism I would’ve moved out of America a long time ago.”

He once again pledged to run for president in 2020 and called for a “dialogue, not a diatribe” in order to have events change in the future. He ended the speech by thanking the show “even though some of y’all don’t agree,” Variety reported.

Rock is heard laughing in the background of his video posted on his Instagram Stories. He then mutters, “Oh my God.” Many of the cast members standing behind West are seen keeping their heads down. Some roll their eyes as others shook their heads.

Most of the people in the audience remained silent, while others booed and yelled. A few claps are also heard in the background.

West's "SNL" appearance also caught Trump's attention on Sunday, who said the rapper was "great."

"Like many, I don’t watch Saturday Night Live (even though I past hosted it) - no longer funny, no talent or charm. It is just a political ad for the Dems. Word is that Kanye West, who put on a MAGA hat after the show (despite being told “no”), was great. He’s leading the charge!" Trump tweeted.

West, who announced he was changing his name to “Ye” ahead of his “SNL” appearance, replaced Ariana Grande as musical guest for the 44th season premiere. Grande was scheduled to perform, but canceled for “emotional reasons.” "Star Wars" actor Adam Driver was the show's host.

West also performed “I Love It" with Lil Pump and dressed up as a Perrier bottle. His second performance was with Teyana Taylor for the song "We Got Love."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-01-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Ye !

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Wow, I'm surprised SNL allowed this to happen, he must not have ran it by them Good for him

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn 'Saturday Night Live' star Pete Davidson addresses Kanye West's pro-Trump rant

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

After Kanye West gave an unexpected and unplanned pro-Trump rant on last week’s “Saturday Night Live,” cast member Pete Davidson appeared on this week’s “Weekend Update” to slam the rapper’s views and mental health.

During Saturday's episode, Davidson took the stage to speak to the audience with regards to the Kanye controversy. He began by noting that there was a behind-the-scenes discussion about whether or not Davidson, who struggles with borderline personality disorder, was the right choice to talk about West rather than “Weekend Update” co-host Michael Che.

“First off, a lot of people thought Che should be the one to talk about Kanye, but we discussed it. Che is black, but I’m crazy, and we both know which side of Kanye is at the wheel right now.”

He began with a condemnation of West's views right out of the gate.

“What Kanye said after we went off the air last week was one of the worst, most awkward things I’ve ever seen here, and I’ve seen Chevy Chase speak to an intern,” continued Davidson winking at the recent dust-up he had with the former cast member.

Davidson went on to discuss Kanye’s claims that he was pressured not to wear his “Make America Great Again” hat during the finale of last week’s episode, where he delivered a pro-Trump rant that baffled both viewers and the cast.

“He wore it all week,” Davidson said. “Nobody told him not to wear it. I wish I bullied you. I wish I would have suggested that it might upset some people, like your wife [Kim Kardashian West] or every black person ever.”

In his speech, West discussed his support of Trump and his distaste of Democrats and the way they’re viewed by the black community in America.

“I wanna cry right now, black man in America, supposed to keep what you’re feelin’ inside right now…” West said. “The blacks want always Democrats…you know it’s like the plan they did, to take the fathers out the home and put them on welfare… does anybody know about that? That’s a Democratic plan.”

He continued: “There’s so many times I talk to a white person and [they] say, ‘How could you like Trump, he’s racist?’ Well, if I was concerned about racism I would’ve moved out of America a long time ago.”

Davidson addressed the notion of the rapper, who is known for his stream-of-consciousness rants, getting political despite many believing he’s uninformed.

“You know how wrong about politics you need to be for like me to notice? Do you know how annoying that is? Like Kanye is a genius, but a musical genius,” Davidson joked. “Like Joey Chestnut is a hot dog-eating genius, but I don’t want to hear Joey Chestnut’s opinions about things that aren’t hot dog-related.”

He concluded his time on “Weekend Update” noting that West claims he’s no longer on medication to assure him that there’s nothing wrong with medicating yourself against mental illness.

“Take ’em! There’s no shame in the medicine game. I’m on them, they’re great,” Davidson said. “Being mentally ill is not an excuse to act like a jacka--.”