Thread: Crenshaw calls out Omar for describing 9/11 attacks as 'some people did something'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Bitch Crenshaw calls out Omar for describing 9/11 attacks as 'some people did something'

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar is facing backlash after her speech at a Muslim rights group’s event in which she described the September 11, 2001 terror attacks as “some people did something.”

Omar spoke at a Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) fundraiser last month, where she called upon other Muslim Americans to “make people uncomfortable” with their activism and presence in the society and criticized the Jewish state.

But another part of the speech surfaced on social media earlier this week, in which Omar described the terror attacks perpetrated by al Qaeda.

“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something, and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,” Omar said at the event.

The comments from the Minnesota freshman Democrat, still reeling from a number of anti-Semitic controversies, prompted Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw to slam Omar for her description of the terror attacks.

“First Member of Congress to ever describe terrorists who killed thousands of Americans on 9/11 as 'some people who did something,'” Crenshaw wrote in a tweet. “Unbelievable.”

Others have also jumped on to criticize Omar's language, urging Democrats to condemn her remarks about the largest terror attack on U.S. soil that left nearly 3,000 people dead.

"9/11 terrorists & the terror attacks they conducted are described as simply 'some people did something'? Every Democrat should be asked by the media if they disavow @IlhanMN’s statements. Every one of them," tweeted Andrew Pollack, father of a Parkland high school shooting victim.

"Ilhan Omar isn’t just anti-Semitic – she’s anti-American. Nearly 3,000 Americans lost their lives to Islamic terrorists on 9/11, yet Omar diminishes it as: 'Some people did something.' Democrat leaders need to condemn her brazen display of disrespect," said GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.

CAIR has been infamously listed as an unindicted co-conspirator in funding of Hamas, stemming from the case against the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development which led to millions of charitable dollars getting funneled to the Palestinian terrorist organization.

Omar’s speech at CAIR in Southern California drew hundreds of protesters waving Israeli flags and denouncing the congresswoman’s comments about Israel that were perceived as anti-Semitic.

She first came under fire for tweeting in 2012 that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

She then drew bipartisan uproar in February after she suggested politicians in the U.S. were bought by AIPAC, a non-partisan organization that seeks to foster the relationship between the U.S. and Israel.

Omar then reignited the controversy, saying groups supportive of Israel were pushing members of Congress to have “allegiance to a foreign country,” echoing the anti-Semitic trope of dual loyalty.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Will they back her again? They caved on her previous comments, caved to her by not attending AIPAC.. why the long leash? And she is on the cover of Newsweek... which has become just an awful rag. What a shame.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Will they back her again? They caved on her previous comments, caved to her by not attending AIPAC.. why the long leash? And she is on the cover of Newsweek... which has become just an awful rag. What a shame.
    I think she's going to be done in 2020 regardless. I've seen stories saying the democratic party in Minnesota is planning on running a challenger against her in the next election, something basically unheard of. She's worn out her welcome big time.

As to why the long leash? Who knows, other than maybe they don't want to 'offend' Muslims by denouncing her because racist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    This little terrorist bitch.. What the fuck man..?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I think she's going to be done in 2020 regardless. I've seen stories saying the democratic party in Minnesota is planning on running a challenger against her in the next election, something basically unheard of. She's worn out her welcome big time.

As to why the long leash? Who knows, other than maybe they don't want to 'offend' Muslims by denouncing her because racist.
    I read the same, there is no denying she is flat out antisemitic and that hate speech bill was a would be atonement for her antisemitic remarks. But A lot of Republicans saw right through that and thats why they didnt vote. She hasnt even get a slap on the wrist and she is still on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-10-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Omar Blames Crenshaw, Fox News For 'Dangerous Incitement' Against Her. Here's How They Responded.

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) accused Fox News and Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) of causing "dangerous incitement" against her on Wednesday after Fox News host Brian Kilmeade and Crenshaw both expressed shock over how she described the 9/11 terror attacks in a recent speech.

During a speech in late March, Omar spoke at an event for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) — which the United Arab Emirates has designated as a terrorist organization — where she described the 9/11 terror attacks as "some people did something."

Stunned by the remarks, which went viral this week, Crenshaw tweeted on Tuesday: "First Member of Congress to ever describe terrorists who killed thousands of Americans on 9/11 as 'some people who did something'. Unbelievable."

On Wednesday, Kilmeade also expressed shock over Omar's comments, saying: "Really? Some people did something? You have to wonder if she’s an American first."

"As a Muslim American you should be more outraged because they sullied your religion," Kilmeade continued. "In the name of religion they kill Americans and still do it on a daily basis."

Omar responded to the criticisms by tweeting: "This is dangerous incitement, given the death threats I face. I hope leaders of both parties will join me in condemning it. My love and commitment to our country and that of my colleagues should never be in question. We are ALL Americans!"

Kilmeade responded to Omar's tweet with a tweet of his own, writing: "I didn't intend to question whether Rep. Omar is an American - I am questioning how any American, let alone a United States Congresswoman, could downplay the 9/11 attacks."

Crenshaw also fired back at Omar, tweeting: "1. I never called you un-American. 2. I did not incite any violence against you. 3. You described an act of terrorism on American soil that killed thousands of innocent lives as 'some people did something.' It’s still unbelievable, as is your response here."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested that Omar, who has been repeatedly condemned by Congressional leaders over her anti-Semitism, was "anti-American" last month when she was speaking at AIPAC.

"This month, the full House came together to condemn the anti-Semitic myth of dual loyalty, and all forms of bigotry, with a resolution that 'rejects the perpetuation of anti-Semitic stereotypes in the United States and around the world, including the pernicious myth of dual loyalty and foreign allegiance, especially in the context of support for the United States-Israel alliance,'" Pelosi said. "I simply declare to be anti-Semitic is to be anti-American. It has no place in our country."

Retired Deputy Chief Jim Riches FDNY, whose firefighter son Jimmy Riches was killed on 9/11, slammed Omar in an op-ed published in the New York Post on Wednesday.

"What Congresswoman Ilhan Omar said about Sept. 11 was disgraceful," Riches wrote. "She dismissed thousands of people being murdered like it was an everyday occurrence when she said “some people did something."

"I think Omar owes an apology to America. She owes an apology to the families," Riches continued. "She came here from Somalia. She was educated here. We took care of her. And now she’s saying 911 was nothing?"

"Until the time that you realize the importance of 9/11 as the worst day in American history, I call for your removal from Congress," Riches concluded.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

NY Post: Ilhan Omar’s outrageous writeoff of 9/11’s horrors

How pathetic: A member of Congress can’t acknowledge what happened on one of the most horrific days in US history.

In a March 23 speech, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) complained of “the discomfort of being a second-class citizen” before claiming the Council on American-Islamic Relations “was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something, and [Muslims] were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

Some people did something? Wow. What a way to describe the heinous surprise attack on America that claimed 3,000 lives.

Especially when Omar’s focus was Muslim rights: That made it all the more vital to note that the terrorists acted in the name of Islam — as self-described “jihadists” in a war against America, Israel and the West. To call them merely “some people” is to deny a cancer festering in the world Muslim community.

She went further: “Many people expect our community to feel like it needs to hide every time something happens.” Again, by “something happens,” she means (but won’t say) “when Muslims commit acts of terror.”

No one expects Muslims to “hide” after an attack by Islamist terrorists. No group should be blamed for the deeds of a few of its members. But defeating terrorism requires facing the facts of who’s behind it and why.

Instead, Omar claimed Muslims are being “terrorized” by the nation’s response to 9/11.

By the way: CAIR wasn’t founded post-9/11, but in 1994. And the feds later named it an unindicted co-conspirator in a plot to steer US funds to the terror group Hamas.

Yet Omar upped the obscure-the-facts ante Wednesday, declaring criticism of her “some people did something” line to be “incitement,” on the grounds that she has received death threats.

Huh? She’d rightly be outraged if anyone minimized those threats as merely “some words from some people.”

Omar’s cavalier brushing off of the murder of thousands of innocents on 9/11 should shock all Americans, Muslims included.

=============================

Today's cover of the NYP

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    She should go back to Somalia and join Isis..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    She should go back to Somalia and join Isis..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Export her back to Somalia.

Some people over there do things like cut off limbs with machetes...go with grace you insensitive immigrant.