Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trump threatens to call US military to close southern border as 4,000-strong migrant caravan pushes north

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-24-2018), Griffin (10-24-2018), PorkChopSandwiches (10-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Seriously, this is looking more like an invasion each day.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    How did "shut down the border" become even remotely controversial?

Can someone explain the left's position on the border? Because I truly do not understand.

The only way I can get there is if they do not believe in a border at all. So they reject American sovereignty.

As far as I can tell, there is not a single stable nation on earth that has an open border and open residency.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-24-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (10-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    How did "shut down the border" become even remotely controversial?

Can someone explain the left's position on the border? Because I truly do not understand.

The only way I can get there is if they do not believe in a border at all. So they reject American sovereignty.

As far as I can tell, there is not a single stable nation on earth that has an open border and open residency.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-24-2018), RBP (10-24-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Fucking AMEN.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-24-2018)

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    And current estimates have the number to be closer to 14000. The most disturbing part about this is that it's been reported that the Mexican Federales have arrested ISIS operatives that were marching with them... back when they were still just 4000 strong. And this is one of the absolute biggest reasons we want our border security raised to begin with... to keep those assholes out and keep our citizens safe.
    This bit I don't get at all.
    By ISIS operatives, they mean Sauds or similar from the middle east?
    Pretending to be illegals, pretending to get to a US border, and then sneak across?
    Why not just pop up alone an across the border, or as they mostly do, just enter the country legally on a visa then disappear?

Was this report of ISIS actually confirmed by anyone, or just thrown around as fact?
    I just don't get the purpose.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    This bit I don't get at all.
    By ISIS operatives, they mean Sauds or similar from the middle east?
    Pretending to be illegals, pretending to get to a US border, and then sneak across?
    Why not just pop up alone an across the border, or as they mostly do, just enter the country legally on a visa then disappear?

Was this report of ISIS actually confirmed by anyone, or just thrown around as fact?
    I just don't get the purpose.
    No confirmed reports. Conjecture.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (10-25-2018), Muddy (10-24-2018), PorkChopSandwiches (10-24-2018), RBP (10-25-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    You do the math...asylum versus asylum (+ job + healthcare, + clean water etc.)

Same with the boats that come to Aus from middle east stopping over in South East Asia on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    You guys have the perfect solution. Make it a trial by fire. Drop them in the middle of nowhere out in the outback. If they can survive and make it to a city without being killed by your wildlife, then they can stay.
    We would do this except a US syndicate will doubtless own the royalty rights of the TV show

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    As individuals I feel sorry for these people. They have no idea what they are heading to...

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    As individuals I feel sorry for these people. They have no idea what they are heading to...
    They know, they know Trump isn't putting up with this shit anymore. .. Its been made very clear

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-26-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (10-25-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (10-25-2018), RBP (10-26-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Migrant Caravan Refuses Offer Of Asylum, Work Assignments In Mexico

By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

A migrant caravan currently snaking its way from Honduras to the United States's southern border was intercepted by Mexican government officials on Saturday, who offered the migrants the opportunity to stay in Mexico on work permits — an offer the migrant caravan has reportedly declined.

The Arizona Central reports that the caravan, which now numbers between five and seven thousand people, ran into a Mexican police blockade Saturday, temporarily halting progress on a bridge just outside the Mexican state of Oaxaca.

"Rows of police impeded the migrants’ path, prompting several hours of negotiations between police commanders, immigration officials and caravan representatives," the AZ Central said. Mexican officials reportedly offered the migrants "shelter, medical attention, schooling and jobs" if the migrants agreed to remain "in the southern Mexico states of Chiapas or Oaxaca," according to TIME Magazine.

"This plan does not truly respond to the causes of the Central American exodus, and therefore does not solve their needs from a perspective that respects human rights in a holistic way," a spokesperson for the caravan told AZ Central. “We don’t want any more prison cities where migrant people are confined without freedom of movement."

The migrants refused the Mexican government's offer, but say they may reconsider the deal once they reach Mexico City — a destination still at least several days away.

The caravan has been winding its way through southern Mexico after crossing over the border from Guatemala. The group is now around 190 miles north of the Guatemalan border, but is still thousands of miles from the U.S. border and progress has slowed in recent days, in part because of scorching daytime temperatures that cause disease and injury, but also in part because of incidents happening within the migrant caravan itself.

On Sunday, migrant caravan leaders announced they would "rest" for at least one day on reports of a missing child, whom some caravan members believe has been abducted, NBC News reports. Members of the caravan ran through a village late Saturday night looking for the child.

A similar incident is said to have occurred in a different city a few days ago.

There are also concerns of safety and "chivalry." "Many of the migrants have depended on hitchhiking to move between towns rather than walking the entire way. When trucks stop, it's usually young men who sprint to reach them first. Women carrying children or pushing strollers are at a disadvantage," according to NBC News.

The migrant caravan says it's determined to reach the U.S. border, where they hope President Trump will have a "change of heart" and allow its several thousand members to seek refuge and asylum in the United States. The United States Customs and Border Patrol says it will consider asylum claims if they are made at legitimate, legal border crossings, but that it will take some time to process and consider each individual claim.

President Trump, however, has taken a harder line, imploring the Mexican government to stop the migrant caravan somewhere within the country and turn it back. Trump has also threatened Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras — the countries where most of the migrants originate — with a loss of American aid if they do not help stop the migrant caravan and improve conditions within their own countries.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (10-29-2018)