Thread: Beto O'Rourke would vote for Trump's impeachment, says 'there is enough' evidence

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Beto O'Rourke would vote for Trump's impeachment, says 'there is enough' evidence

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Democratic Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke said on Thursday he would vote to impeach President Donald Trump if elected.

O’Rourke, who’s running against incumbent Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, said at a CNN town hall reiterated his belief that Trump should be impeached, saying “there is enough there” to begin the impeachment process.

“I haven't,” he replied to a question whether he changed his mind since he called for the president’s impeachment last summer after the Trump-Putin summit in Finland. He explained that the summit was “collusion in action.”

“There may be an open question as to whether the president, then the candidate, sought to collude with the Russian government in 2016,” the Democrat continued, pointing to the investigation into the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with the Russian government during the 2016 presidential election.

“[And when in] broad daylight, on Twitter, he asked his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, to end the Russia investigation, I would say that's obstruction in action,” he added. “The best course to get there so that every member has all the facts and that they are compelling enough to do the right thing is to allow the full Independence and integrity of the Bob Mueller investigation.”

O’Rourke was pressed whether he would still vote for impeachment of the president without seeing the conclusions, to which O’Rourke answered that there’s enough proof to begin the impeachment process.

“I would liken impeachment to an indictment. There is enough there to proceed with the trial for a full vetting of the facts and to make the best-informed decision in the interests of this country and our future,” he said.

O’Rourke’s unapologetic support for Trump’s impeachment signals the changing tide among Democrats. While a number of Congressional Democrats introduced efforts to impeach the president, the Democratic leadership is wary of such drastic measures amid fears it will backfire politically.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday dismissed the efforts to impeach Trump. “I think an impeachment, to use that word, is very divisive,” she said. “That isn’t a path that I would like to go down.”

Former Vice President Joe Biden said in an interview on Wednesday that he hopes the Democrats won’t try to begin the impeachment process if they retake the House of Representatives in the midterm elections.

“I hope they don’t,” Biden said told “CBS This Morning,” before adding that his party should wait for the conclusions of the Russia probe. “I think we should wait until [Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report] comes out.”

A recent Quinnipiac poll shows Cruz leading the Senate race by 9 points, but O’Rourke holds a 24-point lead among Hispanic voters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-19-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    This is the guy that DeNiro is in love with and could be Trump in a presidential election

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-19-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    He runs anti gun in TX

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Get this fuckin' Dork outta here..

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I'd be willing to wager that, with his anti-gun and anti-Trump stance, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in a Southern Baptist's hell of getting elected in Texas.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'd be willing to wager that, with his anti-gun and anti-Trump stance, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in a Southern Baptist's hell of getting elected in Texas.
    He's closer than you would think, I believe the last poll I saw showed him only down 7 points to Cruz. He's taken in a record $38 million in donations. A lot of big national groups (Soros and Co.) are throwing a lot of money at him to try and unseat Cruz.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Yeah, but I doubt those donations are coming from TX. The fact he's polling that close is a surprise. But who can trust the polls after the Trump win.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-23-2018)