Thread: ‘Big Bang Theory’ Flashes Brief Message Telling God To Vent His Wrath On Trump Supporters

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn ‘Big Bang Theory’ Flashes Brief Message Telling God To Vent His Wrath On Trump Supporters

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

Chuck Lorre, the producer of “Grace Under Fire,” “Dharma & Greg,” “Two and a Half Men” and “The Big Bang Theory” has shown his visceral dislike of President Trump before, but the October 25 episode of “The Big Bang Theory” offered some of the nastiest bile yet.

Lorre is well-known for inserting a vanity card for a brief momentat the end of episodes of his shows that viewers can find if they pause their DVR to read it.

The card that appeared after the final credits but before the Warner Bros. logo after the October 25 episode called President Trump "a fascist, hate-filled, fear-mongering, demagogic, truth-shattering, autocratic golf cheater,” as well as calling on God to display his wrath on Trump supporters. The full text was this:

Chuck Lorre Productions #598

My Prayer

God, (I call you that even though I suspect thou art well beyond names and words and might actually be some sort of ineffable quantum situation), I humbly beseech thee to make thy presence known on November 6th. Demonstrate your omnipotence through us as we make ink marks on little circles in curtained booths. Of course if you, in your divine wisdom, believe a fascist, hate-filled, fear-mongering, demagogic, truth-shattering, autocratic golf cheater is what we need right now, then, you know, thy will be done. But if thou art inclined to more freedom, more love, more compassion, and just more of the good stuff thou hath been promoting in our hearts or our parietal lobes - either one, doesn’t really matter - I submissively ask that thy encourage voter turnout in that general direction. Also God, please help Bob Mueller. Guide him and make him strong, brave, wise and true. And yes, I know there must be thousands of guys named Bob Mueller, so why not help them all, just to be on the safe side. Amen.

Oh, almost forgot, remind those who collaborate with the darkness that thou art the light, and the light is not above whipping out a little Old Testament wrath. Amen again.

As Newsbusters notes:

October 25 was not the first time Lorre used the show to spout off against Trump in the vanity cards, although not by name. In vanity card #541 from November 3, 2016, Lorre mocked the “Make America Great Again” slogan as “a bumper sticker for victimhood” and said “Big Daddy can't save us. Our salvation lies within ourselves,” adding more irony to how in the more recent vanity card, he would call upon God. Lorre’s vanity card #559 from May 4, 2017 mocked The Apprentice’s ratings, as if television ratings had anything to do with foreign policy achievements. “Defeat terrorism and crazy dictators? He couldn’t even defeat Two and a Half Men,” the vanity card read, appearing alongside a chart of that week’s ratings.

In October 2014, Lorre wrote in his weekly essay:

It's time for me to stop writing these things. The brash young man who liked to jerk a bony knee into the corporate ball sack is no longer brash nor young. The smart aleck who once delighted in twisting the cultural nipple is not feeling so smart anymore, nor is he clear on what an aleck is. And perhaps most telling, the smug word jockey who never missed an opportunity to tickle the establishment prostate sans Astroglide, now finds that metaphor offensive. Which means it's time to hang it up. It's time to write the last vanity card. Which is what this is. So... Thank you. It's been a great ride. I'll miss our time together.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-30-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Screw Chuck Lorre..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (10-30-2018), RBP (10-30-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Yep

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-30-2018)