Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

CNN's Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass to access the White House was suspended "until further notice" Wednesday, hours after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with President Trump.

"I've just been denied entrance to the WH," Acosta tweeted Wednesday night. "Secret Service just informed me I cannot enter the WH grounds for my 8pm hit."

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed Acosta's tweet in a statement, claiming the suspension of his press credentials stemmed from his "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern." She called the behavior "absolutely unacceptable."

The CNN reporter, during a news conference at the White House earlier Wednesday, got into a heated debate with Trump after he asked the president about the migrant caravan. Trump told Acosta to let him do his job.

“Honestly, I think you should let me run the country and you run CNN,” the president said.

The reporter tried to ask him another question before a female White House aide walked over to him.

Trump then told him, “That’s enough!”

Acosta continued to try to talk as the intern was seen trying to take the microphone from his hand. She grabbed the microphone but Acosta wouldn't give it up and there was brief contact between the two.

Sanders in a statement — which Acosta later labeled "a lie" — said that "President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration."

"Contrary to CNN’s assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the President’s support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not being supportive of a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of an hour and a half — including several from the reporter in question," Sanders said.

"The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration," she added.

CNN said Wednesday night that Acosta's suspension "was done in retaliation for his challenging questions at today's press conference" and claimed Sanders "lied" in her explanation of what unraveled.

"She provided fraudulent accusations and cited an incident that never happened," CNN said. "This unprecedented decision is a threat to our democracy and the country deserves better. Jim Acosta has our full support."

The White House Correspondents' Association in a statement called the move "unacceptable," and urged the White House to "immediately reverse this weak and misguided action."

Trump and Acosta often clash at press conferences. On Wednesday, the president called the reporter "a rude, terrible person" who "shouldn't be working for CNN."

"I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of itself having you work for them," Trump told Acosta. “The way you treat Sarah Huckabee [Sanders] is horrible. And the way you treat other people is horrible. You shouldn’t treat people that way."

CNN fired back on Twitter, calling Trump's attacks on the media "un-American," and fellow White House reporters backed Acosta.

The White House intern who attempted to take the microphone from Acosta eventually handed it off to Peter Alexander, of NBC News. He called Acosta a "diligent reporter who busts his butt" — to which Trump shot back: "Well, I'm not a big fan of yours either, to be honest."

Other journalists, however, reacted differently, including Fox News' Chris Wallace, who called Acosta's behavior "shameful."

Acosta posted a video to Twitter after his "hard pass" was suspended, showing a Secret Service agent removing his media credentials to access the White House grounds from a lanyard.

The agent appears to have some trouble removing it.

"It's been here for a while, huh?" the agent asks.

"Well yeah I've been working at the White House for five years, covering two administrations, so yeah, it's been in that thing for a while," Acosta says.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-08-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Not having looked, I will be fascinated by the feminist response to a young female being assaulted.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-08-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    It's OK.. It was a lefty that assaulted her.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-08-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (11-08-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Exactly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (11-08-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yup, she works in the Trump White House, she asked for it

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh, it gets better. It was a deliberate set up and staged!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

'The View' Host: Jim Acosta Didn't Assault Intern, She Assaulted Him

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

Co-host Sunny Hostin of "The View" actually said Thursday that the poor White House intern who tried to take the mic away from CNN correspondent Jim Acosta as he grandstanded during a press conference was the one who did the assaulting.

On Wednesday, Acosta got into yet another one of his narcissistic exchanges with President Trump that became so heated that Trump told him to sit down. When the White House intern came by to do her job by retrieving the mic, Acosta refused to give it up and lightly pushed her arm down. Later, the White House pulled his press credentials.

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a tweet Wednesday. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

"Contrary to CNN’s assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the President’s support for a free press than the event he held today," Sanders continued. "Only they would attack the President for not supporting a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of 1.5 hours including several from the reporter in question."

"This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter’s colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question," she stated. "President Trump has given the press more access than any President in history."

Jim Acosta has asserted his innocence and accused the White House of lying. "I didn’t put my hands on her or touch her as they’re alleging. It’s unfortunate the White House is saying this," Acosta said on CNN Wednesday. "I think I handled myself professionally."

Here's a video of the exchange:

As anyone can see, Acosta was behaving unprofessionally for a correspondent; had he been a conservative for Fox News behaving that way in front of an Obama White House intern, the media would have castigated him as a sexist.

However, Sunny Hostin of "The View" is putting all the blame on the White House intern, whose job it was to take the mic away from unruly reporters like Acosta.

"What I saw was a battery, not by Jim Acosta, but by the young White House aide,” Hostin said on the ABC show on Thursday, according to The Hill.

Hostin said she does not blame the intern for the situation, but asserted she should not have tried to take the mic away, even though that is her job and President Trump (her boss) said to Acosta, "That's enough."

The Hill reports that Hostin’s remarks sparked "outcry from fellow hosts, particularly Meghan McCain, who said Hostin's view meant that the aide 'should be arrested for battery.' She added she was speaking facetiously."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Curious what you guys think of this storyline about the vid being somewhat doctored:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...kely-doctored/

True or not, what a wild world we live in that this is what's dominating the news

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-10-2018), RBP (11-10-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Curious what you guys think of this storyline about the vid being somewhat doctored:

True or not, what a wild world we live in that this is what's dominating the news
    I don't care. He was being a dick and assaulted an intern. At any speed you'd like. See ya, douchebag.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

People are saying the "doctored" video is "proof" "he didn't touch her!" In both videos he does shove her arm. I think the doctored video is just really low quality, the low quality drops frames and that's why there is blur and the appearance of speed. They found one "expert" to say it's doctored. I found a bunch of other video editing professionals that say it's just low quality.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-10-2018), Muddy (11-10-2018), RBP (11-10-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (11-10-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    He touched her when she tried to grab the mic. White house made it look more aggressive

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Wonder if him getting booted is anything to do with him being from CNN as well as the challenging questions he has the reputation for asking

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Wonder if him getting booted is anything to do with him being from CNN as well as the challenging questions he has the reputation for asking
    You forgot the "being a disrespectful asshole" option.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (11-10-2018)