Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uber driver charged with kidnapping, kissing 15-year-old girl in Colorado

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

WTF Uber driver charged with kidnapping, kissing 15-year-old girl in Colorado

FOX 31 Denver

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — An Uber driver was arrested on Sunday and is accused of kidnapping and forcibly kissing a 15-year-old female passenger in Golden on Saturday, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said.

According to deputies, just after 10 p.m. on Saturday, Uber driver Ahmed Muse picked up the teen at her job in the 100 block of North Rubey Drive in Golden using UberPOOL to go to her home 10 miles away.

As a minor, the girl had a coworker schedule the ride for her. Uber says that passengers who use the UberPOOL service are dropped off based on how close they are to the vehicle – not when they get inside the car.

Authorities said that the girl had to sit in the front seat because there was another POOL passenger in the backseat. Despite the girl’s home being first along the route, Muse bypassed her home saying that the app wasn’t functioning and that he had to drop off other passengers first, according to deputies.

Knowing that she was a few blocks from home, she offered the driver $10 so she could walk home so she didn’t have to travel to Interstate 76 and Pecos, the destination for another passenger just to return to Golden, according to law enforcement.

When Muse drove back to her neighborhood, the driver stopped where she asked him to and then allegedly locked the doors so she couldn’t get out of the car, the sheriff’s office said.

According to deputies, Muse then forced himself on the girl and forcibly kissed her against her will before letting her out of the vehicle.

Muse was identified through the Uber app and arrested on Sunday. He faces charges of second-degree kidnapping, false imprisonment, and harassment.

Other passengers in the vehicle corroborated the teen’s version of events.

The investigation is ongoing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-13-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    If true... dangerous creep who should be in jail or deported if an immigrant.

Two points just for consideration. 1) That's a TOS violation, unaccompanied minors are prohibited. 2) It is not uncommon AT ALL for false claims to be made against drivers, especially claiming they are intoxicated, to get a refund of the fare.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Teen victim, mother speak out after alleged kidnapping by Uber driver

by Alex Rose - FOX 31 Denver

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. -- An Uber driver was arrested on Sunday and is accused of kidnapping and forcibly kissing a 15-year-old female passenger in Golden on Saturday, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said. Now, the victim and her mother are speaking out.

According to deputies, just after 10 p.m. on Saturday, Uber driver Ahmed Muse picked up the teen at her job in the 100 block of North Rubey Drive in Golden using UberPOOL to go to her home 10 miles away.

Brianna Allen lives just 15 minutes away from work at the Cast Iron Tavern, but says the whole trip took an hour and a half. Allen and her mother, Shamara Ludwig, spoke exclusively with FOX31's Alex Rose about the frightening ride.

"We’re on the way to my house at first, and then the Uber driver had turned around," said Allen. "When I looked on the phone, I noticed that it actually wasn’t on the Uber app, it was on Google Maps," she added.

Authorities said that the girl had to sit in the front seat because there was another POOL passenger in the backseat. Despite the girl’s home being first along the route, Muse bypassed her home saying that the app wasn’t functioning and that he had to drop off other passengers first, according to deputies.

Knowing that she was a few blocks from home, she offered the driver $10 so she could walk home so she didn’t have to travel to Interstate 76 and Pecos, the destination for another passenger just to return to Golden, according to law enforcement.

When the driver finally drove Allen back home, the teenager said the driver forced himself on her.

"He locked the doors, turned off all the interior lights and kissed me on the cheek twice. And so I tried pushing him away, and he grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me on the lips," she recalls. "I saw the unlock button, I clicked it, and I got out of the car."

Muse was identified through the Uber app and arrested on Sunday. He faces charges of second-degree kidnapping, false imprisonment, and harassment.

Other passengers in the vehicle corroborated the teen’s version of events.

Both Allen and her mother say the event has them both shaken.

"I wish I had never got in the car. I don’t trust Uber or Lyft. I don’t want to get in one ever again, because that’s a complete stranger," Allen pointed out. "I feel uncomfortable, and I always feel like I have to be cautious of my surroundings and in my own neighborhood. I know that they get you from here to there, but it’s just not safe," she said.

Allen's mother, Shamara Ludwig, agreed with her daughter's concern, saying, "It just opened my eyes to my daughter’s safety. If that means myself or my husband taking them from point A to point B to make sure they get there safely, then that’s what I’ll have to do."

The investigation is ongoing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    If true... dangerous creep who should be in jail or deported if an immigrant.

Two points just for consideration. 1) That's a TOS violation, unaccompanied minors are prohibited. 2) It is not uncommon AT ALL for false claims to be made against drivers, especially claiming they are intoxicated, to get a refund of the fare.
    Even with the UberPOOL service? There was already another adult in the vehicle.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Even with the UberPOOL service? There was already another adult in the vehicle.
    Doesn't matter. The driver should have denied the ride and reported the account.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sounds like it happens a lot though, people taking underage riders

State Loophole Leaves Minors At Risk While Riding Uber and Lyft

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    My daughter uses UBER quite often

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-13-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Sounds like it happens a lot though, people taking underage riders

State Loophole Leaves Minors At Risk While Riding Uber and Lyft
    Of course it does. Do you want to get paid or hope for the next rider? Same with Uber; they want the money. Both sides know. I drove girls to school, even young kids home from school. Every time thinking, "what is wrong with these parents?" But I get why the parents like it... it's a very tough call.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My daughter doesn't ride alone, at least 1 or 2 others with her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Where do they go?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Not far, usually a couple of miles when we aren't available

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Why cant Chuck take them?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I was driving a couple to a party downtown one night. The mother was skeptical that Uber was actually a good thing for her college-aged kids who like to party. Her explanation was that before Uber, there was at least one person who kept their wits about them on a night out. Now they all get wasted and there's nobody to handle an emergency.

I found that a very interesting perspective.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (11-13-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (11-14-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Why cant Chuck take them?
    Cause he's drunk

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)