Thread: Indiana high school fullback dominating opponents, but doesn't have a scholarship offer

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Strange Indiana high school fullback dominating opponents, but doesn't have a scholarship offer

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

An Indiana high school football player who has torn up the gridiron this season still has no place to play next year.

New Palestine High School junior Charlie Spegal racked up 3,356 rushing yards and scored 70 touchdowns during the 2018 season -- but he's reportedly yet to receive a scholarship offer from any college, let alone a top-tier football program.

And there's more than in-game stats that make Spegal a standout.

The 5-10, 225 lb. fullback for New Palestine, located 15 miles east of Indianapolis, can also run a 4.6-second 40-yard dash, squat 575 pounds and bench press 420 pounds, according to a Bleacher Report profile Monday.

Spegal’s skillset, however, may not be exactly what the average college coach is looking for. Instead of dazzling speed, Spegal has shown the ability to find the smallest hole in an offensive line, power through it and shake off three or four would-be tacklers along the way. He told Bleacher Report he models his game after a former Heisman Trophy nominee.

“I really idolized Adrian Peterson,” Spegal said. “I like how hard it is to bring him down and how easily he breaks a lot of tackles. But yes, I have always enjoyed contact.”

Spegal doesn’t have the prototypical “dream school,” saying instead he just wants to go somewhere in the Midwest. He sent letters to colleges showcasing his ballooned statistics, his 3.36 GPA and his desire to earn a business degree.

“If given the opportunity I know I can be a tremendous asset to the football program. Please check out my HUDL Highlights and personal information below,” Spegal’s letters say.

Ball State, Cincinnati and Eastern Michigan have been the only schools to invite him to even watch a game this season, according to Bleacher Report.

Northern Illinois coaches paid him a visit and Army and Navy have also shown interest in Spegal.

“I think a lot of it is people trying to figure out what he is,” Spegal’s coach Kyle Ralph said. “Is he someone who's going to fit well in their system? You're going to get what you get from him. You're going to get a back with great vision, great bursts and great power.”

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    The horror

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    C'mon NIU! Get this kid!

I wonder what the issue is...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (12-18-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    C'mon NIU! Get this kid!

I wonder what the issue is...
    I have no idea, he seems amazing. I didn't watch the whole video, but he's a damn good football player. Plus he's a good student as well. Makes no sense.