Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    I still have the Vertibird in the basement...don't know why!

We were quite poor and lived a nomad's existence living in a 20' trailer for 2 years from age 6 to 8. How poor? For their 25th wedding anniversary, they gave each other quarters - I shit you not. So all toys had to be sold, so I had a box of matchbox cars and that was it. But once we settled in BC and dad had a good job, I got stuff...like this:

Its Revamatic grandstand (really just sounded like a distortion pedal) drove my parents mad! I remember that Christmas the neighbour came over and he and dad hogged it all day.

And, the Smash Up Derby set - I had these very cars:

YeeHaw! Insultin' southeners like it ain't nothin'! Oh the politically incorrect 70's...

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Noilly Pratt For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (01-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt View Post
    I still have the Vertibird in the basement...don't know why!

We were quite poor and lived a nomad's existence living in a 20' trailer for 2 years from age 6 to 8. How poor? For their 25th wedding anniversary, they gave each other quarters - I shit you not. So all toys had to be sold, so I had a box of matchbox cars and that was it. But once we settled in BC and dad had a good job, I got stuff...like this:

Its Revamatic grandstand (really just sounded like a distortion pedal) drove my parents mad! I remember that Christmas the neighbour came over and he and dad hogged it all day.

And, the Smash Up Derby set - I had these very cars:

YeeHaw! Insultin' southeners like it ain't nothin'! Oh the politically incorrect 70's...
    AFX race car sets were the holy grail of kid-dom. I never had a race car set but played them everywhere.

And I had the SmashUp Derby cars too I remember losing the colored doors, trunks and hoods and that black zip-tie thingy that you had to pull to make them go