vBookie Event: Rams v Saints (NFL Playoffs)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Los Angeles Rams 1/1 F (2.00) 4 2250 WIN!
New Orleans Saints (-3.5) 1/1 F (2.00) 1 1000  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs NFC Championship Game: Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans [SETTLED]

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

NFL NFL Playoffs NFC Championship Game: Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans [SETTLED]

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    The Saints are favored and have good depth in their offense, yet something tells me the Rams are going to come out on top.

They are not Gurley-men!

250 quatloos on the newcomer!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    After that close call against Philly, I see the Saints coming out on top easily.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    After that close call against Philly, I see the Saints coming out on top easily.
    The Saints and their use of #7 Taysom Hill is brilliant. Great arm, runs like hell and can catch the ball. Having him and Brees in on the same plays must give the defense fits.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Calling the Rams in a squeaker. But could lose by 3 so still Rams at +3.5.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

42-27 Saints

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

42-27 Saints

173-47 Rams

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    The Rams won.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    ...yet something tells me the Rams are going to come out on top.
    I don't like seeing a bad call decide a game, even if my pick won. If they called pass interference (and Lord knows they should of..) on the Rams, Saints retain possession with a first down and run out the clock.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wow, that pass interference call is over the net today. Kinda makes me feel bad for the Rams too. Because of a horrible non-call from the refs, their playoff win will always have an asterisk beside it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Wow, that pass interference call is over the net today. Kinda makes me feel bad for the Rams too. Because of a horrible non-call from the refs, their playoff win will always have an asterisk beside it.
    It's easy to point at one blown call. But they played an entire game and every play impacts the outcome.

Cody Parkey didn't lose the game for the Bears by hitting the upright. The Bears should have never been in the position that it mattered.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Sean Payton: Saints will 'never get over' blown pass interference call

Mike Triplett - ESPN Staff Writer

NEW ORLEANS -- Saints head coach Sean Payton said the NFL's head of officials told him the officials "blew the call" by not penalizing the Los Angeles Rams for pass interference late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

And Payton said he and the team will "probably never get over it" after the Rams went on to win 26-23 in overtime.

"For a call like that not to be made, man, it's just hard to swallow. And then to get a phone call ..." Payton said, trailing off. He added: "We spoke initially, then I called to follow up. And the first thing [head of officials Alberto Riveron] said when I got on the phone -- 'We messed it up.'

"Listen, it's a hard job for those guys 'cause it's happening fast. But I don't know if there was ever a more obvious pass interference call that -- here it is, the NFC Championship Game. So, it's a tough one to swallow."

The no-call came with 1:45 remaining on a third-and-10 play from the Rams' 13-yard line, with the score tied 20-20. Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman appeared to run into Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis and make helmet-to-helmet contact before the ball arrived -- sending the raucous Superdome crowd into a chorus of boos when no flag was thrown.

"It was simple. They blew the call. They said it should never have not been a call," Payton said of the explanation he received. "They said not only was it interference, it was helmet-to-helmet. They just -- they couldn't believe it."

Payton later said it was the type of foul you'd call "if we were playing pickup football in the backyard."

Robey-Coleman admitted he briefly thought the flag would come out but that an official on the field told him he suspected the ball was tipped, which replays clearly showed was not the case.

"I thought it was for a split-second; but the ref got up -- when I got up, he said, 'Incomplete,' so I just was like, 'Thank you,'" the cornerback said. "I didn't look back at the ball. I didn't play the ball. If I had played the ball, then it would've been a different story. ... And then the ref said, like, it looked it was a tip. Like, it was, like, tipped. So I was like, 'OK, cool.'"

Asked if he thought it was tipped, Robey-Coleman told ESPN: "Initially I didn't think they tipped the ball because I can't even look at the quarterback at that time. I'm too busy running to my guy, and then I just seen his hands go up -- that's what made me hit him."

Lewis said the referees didn't say anything to him about the play.

"I feel like it was obvious. I mean, there it is. Everybody know it was obvious," he said. "I mean, there is nothing else. ... I don't know what else to say about it."

The Saints settled for a field goal, then the Rams quickly marched downfield for a game-tying field goal late in regulation. Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein later kicked the game-winning, 57-yard field goal in overtime after Drew Brees was pressured into an interception.

"Obviously, it's a disappointing way to lose a game. Frustrating," Payton said to start his postgame news conference. "And, man -- there were a lot of opportunities, though -- but that call puts it first-and-10, we're on a knee three plays, and it's a game-changing call.

"So what do you do? You get back up, and you got to work. This will be a tough one for these players, for the coaches. ... But it happened, though, so we can't dwell on it. And we'll probably never get over it."

Brees said the Saints were initially able to pick themselves up to finish the game, but New Orleans will have a lot of time during the offseason to consider what might have been.

"Plenty of times throughout the season, there's calls that go against you or go for you, or they miss or they didn't," the quarterback said. "But obviously, in a situation like that -- where it seemed like everybody in the world saw it -- it's tough. It's tough."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's easy to point at one blown call. But they played an entire game and every play impacts the outcome.

Cody Parkey didn't lose the game for the Bears by hitting the upright. The Bears should have never been in the position that it mattered.
    Ahhh but there are differences in blown calls. In both the timing and the legitimate potential outcome. For example if a bad call is made in the first quarter, there are an infinite amount of possibilities still to come for the outcome to change before the end of the game.

In our example, the score was tied near the end of the game and the Saints had possession. Correct penalty is called, they have a first down inside the 12 yard line with 1:45 left in the game. Saints can spike the ball three times and kick a field goal to win with no time left.

I hear what you're saying and part of me agrees. I've played enough football to know that when a ref makes a call, it opens up a whole bunch of what-if scenarios. But in this case the blown call affected more than a myriad of what-if possibilities. The correct potential timeline was one step away from a win.
    Last edited by Hal-9000; 01-21-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: translating from Canadian

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

I was going to say .....did you notice when the announcers were talking about the Ram kicker, the discussion was 'being automatic from 60 yards out' and there really wasn't much of a discussion about missing? Parkey must have been sticking pins into his Rams kicker doll and crying like a baby watching that