#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Not Racist Georgia TA: 'Some white people may have to die...'

Eduardo Neret, Florida Campus Correspondent - Campus Reform

A University of Georgia (UGA) teaching assistant wrote Wednesday on Facebook that “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom." He added that to suggest otherwise is “ahistorical and dangerously naive.”

UGA philosophy TA Irami Osei-Frimpong made the comment during a conversation on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page. The comment has since been deleted. Osei-Frimpong claimed in May 2017 that Facebooksuspended him for quoting from an article which detailed how Texas A&M professor Tommy Curry had said “in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

“Killing some white people isn’t genocide; it’s killing some white people,” the UGA TA explained in a Medium post. “We had to kill some white people to get out of slavery. Maybe if we’d killed more during the 20th century we still wouldn’t talk about racialized voter disenfranchisement and housing, education, and employment discrimination. This should not be controversial.”

Osei-Frimpong’s Wednesday comment, seemingly inspired by Curry, is far from the first racially-charged remark made by the scholar.

“Fighting white people is a skill,” the UGA TA tweeted on Jan. 12, adding that it is why he supports integrated schools. “You have to get used to fighting White people. It takes practice.”

He then quoted American clinical psychologist Bobby Wright, saying, “Blacks kill Blacks because they have never been trained to kill Whites.”

Last semester, at a Young Democrats meeting, Frimpong compared Southern whites in America to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” Later on, in November, he called for Democrats to “wage war on the white electorate” and wrote that white “institutions” that “make crappy white people” such as churches, schools, and families must be “dismantled.” Facebook subsequently gave Osei-Frimpong a temporary suspension.

Despite the TA’s history with controversial racial rhetoric, UGA has chosen not to take any action.

Regarding his latest comments, a spokesperson at UGA’s Equal Opportunities Office said in an email obtained by Campus Reform that Osei-Frimpong’s views expressed his “personal opinion,” in his “personal capacity,” on a private platform.

The spokesperson also asked the recipient of the email to contact their office if any information was discovered that showed Osei-Frimpong made “discriminatory or harassing comments” in his capacity as a member of the UGA community.

Some of Osei-Frimpong’s UGA colleagues have gone as far to defend his previous comments about white Americans. UGA Associate Professor of Brain and Behavioral Science Dr. Janet Frick once tweeted that the TA’s comments were not hate speech, but rather “hurt your feelings speech.”

Campus Reform reached out to Osei-Frimpong for further comment but did not receive a response in time for publication.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    What a racist cunt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    What a racist cunt
    Black people CANNOT be racist, you racist

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Black people CANNOT be racist, you racist

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    What a racist cunt

I have one enemy, and the enemy is the white race. No other enemies do I have. - Dr. Bobby Wright

It's fascinating that the argument is rooted on the black militant movement from the 70's.

All the press tends to cover in the rise in white nationalism, but black nationalism has significantly spiked, and black separatist groups were, last I looked, the largest number of hate groups of any category according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

If you want to go of the rails into the rabbit hole, start in on Egypt (Eqipt) as related to the black race. Warning: it's a confusing and very deep rabbit hole, largely propagated through prisons as a type of black-empowered religious philosophy, but (in my opinion) deeply rooted in white hatred.
    Last edited by RBP; 01-18-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-18-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update UGA Grad Student Doesn’t Understand Why Saying ‘Some White People May Have To Die’ Is ‘Controversial’

Neetu Chandak - The Daily Caller

A University of Georgia graduate student does not understand why saying “some white people may have to die” is receiving backlash.

Philosophy grad student and teaching assistant Irami Osei-Frimpong originally made the comment on the Overheard at UGA Facebook page Jan. 16, Campus Reform reported.

“Some white people may have to die for Black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom,” Osei-Frimpong wrote, according to a screenshot from Campus Reform. “To pretend that’s not the case is ahistorical and generally naive.”

Osei-Frimpong does not understand why he is getting criticized, however.

“I’m confused why that is so controversial,” Osei-Frimpong said, WSB-TV reported Tuesday.

The UGA grad student added he was not trying to call for violence, but was being “honest of racial progress,” according to WSB-TV reported.

UGA donors and alumni have suggested to stop giving money to the school unless Osei-Frimpong is fired.

“If they fire me, they’d be firing me for doing my job,” Osei-Frimpong said.

UGA released a statement Sunday saying they were considering legal options.

“Racism has no place on our campus, and we condemn the advocacy or suggestion of violence in any form,” the statement posted to Twitter said.

Osei-Frimpong has a history of demeaning white people. He compared white southerners to “sociopaths” and “autistic kids.” The teaching assistant also called for white people’s churches, schools and families to be “dismantled” because they supposedly created “crappy white people,” Campus Reform reported.

UGA baseball player Adam Sasser, who was accused of saying racial slurs at the school’s football game, was dismissed from the team in October 2018, according to USA Today.

Osei-Frimpong did not immediately respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hate white people and racially disparaging white people isn't hate. By the definition of the "hate has no home here" crowd, they and they alone determine what is 'hate' and 'racism' versus 'enlightened outrage against the oppressors'.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Fuck this guy and anyone that shares his mindset.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    "Despite the TA’s history with controversial racial rhetoric, UGA has chosen not to take any action. "

Hope that decision doesn't come back on them if he decides to motivate a few like minded younger people...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-24-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    If black people started running around killing white people, they'd be put down so fast. If you haven't been paying much attention to the news in the past decade, the police are assumed to not need very many excuses...

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm worried. If a professor can make a statement like that and there's a group of younger people who find nothing wrong with the statement, the thought can gather momentum.

Sure, if militant Anybodys band together and start killing people the police will respond. But that doesn't protect the first targets on the list

I'm seeing a future headline with innocents getting hurt because of this guy

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Back up, I don't see the context to that comment. Anyone know what he means?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Back up, I don't see the context to that comment. Anyone know what he means?
    Which one?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    “some white people may have to die for black communities to be made whole in this struggle to advance to freedom."

Someone takes that thought and thinks they have to physically realize it in some way?