Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
That's a good point. I guess the podcasts I'm listening to right now are all past the patreon phase but you're right I've heard many smaller ones asking for patreon donations much like smaller youtube channels.
Site that I'm active on about the show Survivor is hosted by a guy who competed on the show in the early 2000's. He started podcasting about it with his wife in 2010. He now has a podcasting empire with two websites, multiple reality and normal TV show podcasts and interns who help him daily. He's one of the best podcasters in the business and his content output is amazing. He makes 8-10 podcasts a week during the off-seasons of reality shows.

He talks about the journey from 2010 until now (he's moved to LA, in a house, with two kids and the wife, converted the upper floor to a studio) and his patrons are what made the difference. He didn't derive income until 2013 I think. Now, he has ads on his websites, audio sponsors and his patrons. He's also created an audio book about every Survivor season from seasons 1-30 and sells each chapter for around 2.99. To give you an idea about his Survivor audio books, the one about season 20 Heroes vs Villains (highly watched and regarded season) is over 18 hours long Just him and another dude going thought the 14 episodes of the season explaining how it played out.