Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Claim Two MAGA Fans Attacked Actor. Here Is The Full Story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Soooo...can someone support MAGA without being a republican?
    Sure. But everyone will assume you are a male, white, nazi, sexist, racist, homophobe who eats little children and fucks puppies.

And then they will attack you for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Soooo...can someone support MAGA without being a republican?

The slogan and the idea in general are a good idea I think, but must it have a political affiliation tagged to it automatically?
    Not all Trump supporters are Republicans. There were a lot of people who went from Bernie Sanders to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Trump 2020
    I am not sure he'll seek reelection.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Sure. But everyone will assume you are a male, white, nazi, sexist, racist, homophobe who eats little children and fucks puppies.

That reminds me, I have a rack of puppy ribs to smoke.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post

So pretty much business as usual without the hat.

ok

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-30-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Not all Trump supporters are Republicans. There were a lot of people who went from Bernie Sanders to Trump.

I am not sure he'll seek reelection.
    I dont think he necessarily wanted to win this election, but I doubt he wont do the next 4.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (01-30-2019), RBP (01-30-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-30-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Footage of 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett's alleged attack sought by police

By Sasha Savitsky | Fox News

Chicago police told Fox News they've reviewed hundreds of hours of footage from downtown surveillance cameras but haven't found footage yet of the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

The department said Wednesday afternoon that they are expanding their search to the Chicago River area after footage from privately-owned cameras near where Smollett says he was attacked did not prove fruitful. Police are also broadening their search by reviewing footage from traffic cameras and public bus cameras.

"We are taking this investigation very seriously," the police statement said.

Smollett told police he was walking downtown near the Chicago River at around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him, threw an "unknown substance" on him and put a rope around his neck. Police also told Fox News that Smollett said the attackers yelled, “This is MAGA country.” Investigators said he gave the detail to detectives during a follow-up inquiry, not when he initially reported the incident to police.

A rep for Smollett did not return Fox News' request for comment. Police said Smollett took himself to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after the alleged attack for treatment.

In a statement to Fox News, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment said: “We are deeply saddened and outraged to learn that a member of our EMPIRE family, Jussie Smollett, was viciously attacked last night. We send our love to Jussie, who is resilient and strong, and we will work with law enforcement to bring these perpetrators to justice. The entire studio, network and production stands united in the face of any despicable act of violence and hate — and especially against one of our own.”

Smollett plays openly gay musician Jamal Lyon on the Fox series. The actor told Ellen DeGeneres in 2015 that he identifies as gay but does not discuss his personal life in public.

"Empire" is shot in Chicago and is currently in production.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-30-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    The department said Wednesday afternoon that they are expanding their search to the Chicago River area after footage from privately-owned cameras near where Smollett says he was attacked did not prove fruitful. Police are also broadening their search by reviewing footage from traffic cameras and public bus cameras.
    Funny that

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I get the feeling that a charge of filing a false police report will be coming, or at the very least should be coming, in relation to this case.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I get the feeling that a charge of filing a false police report will be coming, or at the very least should be coming, in relation to this case.
    You mean another CPD coverup!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He of course has the right to walk down by the river at 2 am. He could of been walking someone home, getting munchies, getting stoned. Saying anything otherwise will be called victim blaming. Can RBP tell us approximately how cold it was the night in question? I don't buy part of his story.

And if DGX is right, we're going to see a huge reaction from both sides. Black, gay actor faked assault to incriminate the 'publicans? Ooh boy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He of course has the right to walk down by the river at 2 am. He could of been walking someone home, getting munchies, getting stoned. Saying anything otherwise will be called victim blaming. Can RBP tell us approximately how cold it was the night in question? I don't buy part of his story.

And if DGX is right, we're going to see a huge reaction from both sides. Black, gay actor faked assault to incriminate the 'publicans? Ooh boy.
    I checked history for a downtown weather station, which puts the temperature at ~7°F (-22C) at 2 am.

I need to stop expecting precision from reporting, but that article would suggest the expended search is in the opposite direction of the subway shop.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (01-30-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks. -14C ain't no walking around weather, especially down by the river in Chicago at 2 am. I'd like to know what he was doing there, how far he walked, planned on walking. Maybe he could fill out the story a little more. If it's buying a sub, then I guess he was hungry.

I agree with Pony. The two attackers would have to be anticipating an assault to be carrying the chemicals, rope and masks. The 'white' guys in masks were hoping to find a democratic supporter and the first black guy they accosted turned out be gay and a democrat?

Something is missing. Even if the attackers recognized the guy as their specific kind of target, they took a big chance assaulting a well known actor. Sounds like Chicago has some surveillance happening.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    There's no way, it's bullshit. If he got jumped by 2 guys, his face would be way more jacked up then it is. And a 'noose'? Give me a fucking break. Maybe if the attackers were 12 years old.

Something might have happened and he concocted the story to cover his tracks. Maybe he was out looking for a dealer and somebody robbed him.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm trying not to comment on his injury picture. Okay I failed.

I have larger cuts shaving than what I'm seeing there

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-30-2019)