Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Claim Two MAGA Fans Attacked Actor. Here Is The Full Story.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I checked history for a downtown weather station, which puts the temperature at ~7°F (-14C) at 2 am.

I need to stop expecting precision from reporting, but that article would suggest the expended search is in the opposite direction of the subway shop.
    It's because he's a:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I'm not on Twitter. Had a look at Jussie's recent posts. He makes a strange one about fraud on Jan 27th, and this is a direct response:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Man, that's hilarious.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Jezter?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Listened to some podcasters break down everything they know about this story so far today. They danced around it very very lightly being Hollywood types and on TV shows, and one of them (Brendan Schaub) said he cousin was beat to death for being gay so he's sympathetic to homophobia... but even they were just trying to find a nice way of saying this story is fishy as fuck and smells like bullshit.

I read late today that the Chicago PD may have found some video of a suspect... very curious to see what comes of this.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Listened to some podcasters break down everything they know about this story so far today. They danced around it very very lightly being Hollywood types and on TV shows, and one of them (Brendan Schaub) said he cousin was beat to death for being gay so he's sympathetic to homophobia... but even they were just trying to find a nice way of saying this story is fishy as fuck and smells like bullshit.

I read late today that the Chicago PD may have found some video of a suspect... very curious to see what comes of this.
    And it's hilarious.

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Oh jeeze.

Are you guys familiar with the Boston Marathon Bomber 'investigation' that Reddit did? It's folklore at this point, I think some sociologists have probably done their PhD dissertation on it by now. Long story short, after the bombing when all this footage was released, thousands of wannabe FBI agents went online and tried to analyze pixelate images to find the bomber. It was an almost comical exercise in hive-mind mentality where each piece of the puzzle they supposedly found was upvoted to infinity until they thought they'd found the guy. His face and even a supposed identity were splattered around the internet, ruining this guy's life for days who was surprise surprise the wrong guy. The meme "We did it Reddit" spawned out of it, now used ironically when internet idiots think they've cracked a case. Real interesting case study on group think or whatever you wish to call it. I'm sure the FBI was having a collective stomach ulcer watching these dollar store detectives try and work.

Anyways, I just felt like mentioning that. We'll see what the detectives here turn up. These stills don't help any and RBP's points on page 1 about the location making no sense are really interesting, but we'll see I guess

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And it's hilarious.

The responses in that Twitter thread are hilarious

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's actually kinda sad that with all the REAL crime going on in Chicago that the CPD is spending this kind of time on something like this

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Police: No evidence yet that 'Empire' actor was attacked

The Lowell Sun

CHICAGO (AP) -- Detectives have reviewed surveillance footage of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early morning visit to a Subway restaurant, but none of it showed an attack on the actor, a police official said Wednesday.

Investigators "for the most part" can confirm the route Smollett took early Tuesday when he says he was attacked by two masked men along a street in the Streeterville neighborhood, a police spokesman said. However, there are gaps, and none of the footage police have reviewed shows an attack, he said, noting that the review is ongoing.

Smollett, 36, who is black and gay and who plays the gay character Jamal Lyon on the hit Fox television show, said the men beat him, subjected him to racist and homophobic insults, threw an "unknown chemical substance" on him and put a thin rope around his neck before fleeing.

"We haven't seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn't find a container anywhere," Guglielmi said, referring to a container for the liquid that the actor said was thrown at him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Image enhanced.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Muddy (01-31-2019), perrhaps (02-01-2019), RBP (01-31-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    It's actually kinda sad that with all the REAL crime going on in Chicago that the CPD is spending this kind of time on something like this
    I said to my wife... You know how I say that most "race" issues are really "socioeconomic" issues? Well, the Empire case-in-point. Alleged` non-life threatening assault of a millionaire. The CPD assigned 12 detectives to work the case. TWELVE. How many detectives do you think are assigned to a non-life threatening assault in Austin [violent neighborhood not far from us]? She said "probably none". Probably not, a patrol report filed probably ends it.

So tell me again how this represents racial disparity in policing rather than socioeconomic disparity....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The Lowell Sun

CHICAGO (AP) -- Detectives have reviewed surveillance footage of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett walking to a downtown Chicago apartment after an early morning visit to a Subway restaurant, but none of it showed an attack on the actor, a police official said Wednesday.

Investigators "for the most part" can confirm the route Smollett took early Tuesday when he says he was attacked by two masked men along a street in the Streeterville neighborhood, a police spokesman said. However, there are gaps, and none of the footage police have reviewed shows an attack, he said, noting that the review is ongoing.

Smollett, 36, who is black and gay and who plays the gay character Jamal Lyon on the hit Fox television show, said the men beat him, subjected him to racist and homophobic insults, threw an "unknown chemical substance" on him and put a thin rope around his neck before fleeing.

"We haven't seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn't find a container anywhere," Guglielmi said, referring to a container for the liquid that the actor said was thrown at him.
    In other words...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-31-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    In other words...

Exactly, but you can't say that because it makes you either racist, homophobic, or both