Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Claim Two MAGA Fans Attacked Actor. Here Is The Full Story.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Hahahahaha

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Update Kim Foxx meddled in Jussie Smollett case weeks after ‘recusing’ herself, texts show

By Gabrielle Fonrouge and Max Jaeger - Page Six

New text messages reveal that Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx was meddling in the Jussie Smollett case weeks after she claimed she’d recused herself — complaining that the “washed up celeb” faced too many charges.

Foxx’s office issued a statement recusing her on Feb. 19, though they later claimed she “did not formally recuse herself.”

But in March 8 text messages released Tuesday as part of a FOIA request from The Post and other outlets, Foxx tells First Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Joe Magats, who took over the case for her, that “I’m recused” — then went on to complain that the “Empire” star had been charged with too many crimes.

“Sooo …… I’m recused, but when people accuse us of overcharging cases … 16 counts on a class 4 becomes exhibit A,” Foxx wrote at the start of the exchange.

“Yes. I can see where that can be seen as excessive,” Magats replied.

Foxx then apparently compares Smollett’s 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for lying to cops to singer R. Kelly’s 10 felony sex-abuse charges.

“Pedophile with victims 10 counts. Washed up celeb who lied to cops, 16. On a case eligible for deferred prosecution I think it’s indicative of something we should be looking at generally,” Foxx continued.

“Just because we can charge something doesn’t mean we should.”

“Agreed,” Magats answered. “I’ll get with Risa and Jim. With him taking over we can take a hard look at how we charge the cases and get it to something that covers what needs to be covered without being excessive and ultimately pointless,” Magats said.

He was likely referring to Assistant State’s Attorney Risa Lanier, though it was not immediately clear who Jim is.

“Yeah…it’s not who we want to be,” Foxx responded.

To which Magats replied: “For sure.”

Just over two weeks later on March 26, prosecutors announced they would drop all charges against Smollett — though Magats admitted “I do not believe he is innocent.”

The texts are among dozens sent between Foxx and Magats after Foxx claimed she stepped away from the case.

In a March 1 message, Foxx asks Magats “How was this morning’s meeting? I’m free for a call.”

Then on March 3, Magats reported that he gave Foxx’s number to a famous lawyer who was joining the case.

“…….. so Michael Avenatti reached out. Apparently he’s coming in to represent the Nigerian brothers in Smollet. I gave him your office number,” Magats wrote.

“Thanks,” Foxx replied.

Others were redacted — but Foxx’s office, which produced the files, did not always provide a reason.

In a statement Tuesday night, Foxx claimed she was speaking generally and not about Smollett’s case.

“After the indictment became public, I reached out to Joe to discuss reviewing office policies to assure consistencies in our charging and our use of appropriate charging authority,” the statement said.

Other texts showed prosecutor were blindsided by the response they got following their decision to drop the charges.

“Just wish I could have anticipated the magnitude of this response and planned a bit better!” Lanier wrote in a March 26 text to Magats.

“There’s really no planning for this. It’s the right decision,” Magats replied.

The trove of documents released also shows that, two days before charges were dropped, prosecutors received letters of support for Smollett from the Black AIDS Institute, Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and The City Lights Orchestra, citing his activism and community service.

The city of Chicago is suing Smollett for refusing to repay taxpayers for the $130,000 in overtime payments made to police officers who investigated his alleged hoax.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-17-2019), RBP (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    The Chicago PD should arrest her.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,842 Times in 8,180 Posts
    State Attorney says through text - "...though Magats admitted “I do not believe he is innocent.”

Assistant state attorney never thought dropping the case against Smolletts would garner a reaction?? "Just wish I could have anticipated the magnitude of this response and planned a bit better!” Lanier wrote in a March 26 text to Magats."

If you read some of the narrative between the prosecuters, they all seem to agree he's guilty of something. Comparing him to R. Kelly is almost a smoking gun ffs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    They flat out said he was guilty and the dismissal was not an exoneration. It was an alternative prosecution. I agree it's bullshit, but they never said he didn't do it.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (04-19-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    I really hope some heads roll over this bull shit!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    State Attorney says through text - "...though Magats admitted “I do not believe he is innocent.”

Assistant state attorney never thought dropping the case against Smolletts would garner a reaction?? "Just wish I could have anticipated the magnitude of this response and planned a bit better!” Lanier wrote in a March 26 text to Magats."

If you read some of the narrative between the prosecuters, they all seem to agree he's guilty of something. Comparing him to R. Kelly is almost a smoking gun ffs
    I think the comparison they are trying to make with R Kelly is that he (Kelly) is only facing 10 counts while Jussie is facing 16, so she thinks he's being overcharged in comparison, a justification in her mind to dismiss everything the way she did.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I think the comparison they are trying to make with R Kelly is that he (Kelly) is only facing 10 counts while Jussie is facing 16, so she thinks he's being overcharged in comparison, a justification in her mind to dismiss everything the way she did.
    Yeah, perhaps so but it's the devil in the details. In her comparison she said "...who lied to cops." Shes talking about eligibility for deferred prosecution and is talking about her own client there..in text

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Kim Foxx deputies resigning after Jussie Smollett scandal

By Gabrielle Fonrouge - Page Six

Two top executives in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, including the Chief Ethics Officer, are resigning in the wake of the Jussie Smollett case, The Post has learned.

April Perry, the ethics officer who’s worked with State’s Attorney Kim Foxx since January 2017, told The Post she submitted her resignation letter on Monday.

In addition, one of Perry’s underlings, Mark Rotert, reportedly submitted his resignation on March 27, the day after news broke that all 16 felony charges against Smollett would be dropped, the Chicago Sun-Times said.

The resignations come amidst a wave of backlash over Foxx’s handling of Smollett’s case and a looming independent inspector general’s review over the investigation and her recusal.

Perry is the staffer who announced Foxx was recusing herself from Smollett’s case on Feb. 13 in an email to other state’s attorneys in the department, according to documents made public through a records request.

“Please note that State’s Attorney Kim Foxx is recused from the investigation involving victim Jussie Smollett. First Assistant State’s Attorney Joe Magats is serving as the Acting State’s Attorney for this matter,” the email stated.

Even while Foxx was “recused,” she continued to meddle in the case, according to documents released this week. She later said her recusal was “informal” and she did not mean it in a “legal sense” but instead a “colloquial sense.”

In a statement, Foxx said the people of Chicago were “well served” by Rotert’s leadership, and added that Perry was a “valuable resource.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Hope you are happy, Kim Foxx.. Your silly little abuse of power is now taking food off of innocent peoples plates.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She later said her recusal was “informal” and she did not mean it in a “legal sense” but instead a “colloquial sense.”

When a prosecutor recuses themselves from a case it's an indication of..

There's no need to explain this here, you guys already understand this person is not playing her role by the letter of the law. It's like improv now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Gabrielle Fonrouge and Max Jaeger - Page Six

New text messages reveal that Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx was meddling in the Jussie Smollett case weeks after she claimed she’d recused herself — complaining that the “washed up celeb” faced too many charges.

Foxx’s office issued a statement recusing her on Feb. 19, though they later claimed she “did not formally recuse herself.”

But in March 8 text messages released Tuesday as part of a FOIA request from The Post and other outlets, Foxx tells First Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Joe Magats, who took over the case for her, that “I’m recused” — then went on to complain that the “Empire” star had been charged with too many crimes.

“Sooo …… I’m recused, but when people accuse us of overcharging cases … 16 counts on a class 4 becomes exhibit A,” Foxx wrote at the start of the exchange.

“Yes. I can see where that can be seen as excessive,” Magats replied.

Foxx then apparently compares Smollett’s 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for lying to cops to singer R. Kelly’s 10 felony sex-abuse charges.

“Pedophile with victims 10 counts. Washed up celeb who lied to cops, 16. On a case eligible for deferred prosecution I think it’s indicative of something we should be looking at generally,” Foxx continued.

“Just because we can charge something doesn’t mean we should.”

“Agreed,” Magats answered. “I’ll get with Risa and Jim. With him taking over we can take a hard look at how we charge the cases and get it to something that covers what needs to be covered without being excessive and ultimately pointless,” Magats said.

He was likely referring to Assistant State’s Attorney Risa Lanier, though it was not immediately clear who Jim is.

“Yeah…it’s not who we want to be,” Foxx responded.

To which Magats replied: “For sure.”

Just over two weeks later on March 26, prosecutors announced they would drop all charges against Smollett — though Magats admitted “I do not believe he is innocent.”

The texts are among dozens sent between Foxx and Magats after Foxx claimed she stepped away from the case.

In a March 1 message, Foxx asks Magats “How was this morning’s meeting? I’m free for a call.”

Then on March 3, Magats reported that he gave Foxx’s number to a famous lawyer who was joining the case.

“…….. so Michael Avenatti reached out. Apparently he’s coming in to represent the Nigerian brothers in Smollet. I gave him your office number,” Magats wrote.

“Thanks,” Foxx replied.

Others were redacted — but Foxx’s office, which produced the files, did not always provide a reason.

In a statement Tuesday night, Foxx claimed she was speaking generally and not about Smollett’s case.

“After the indictment became public, I reached out to Joe to discuss reviewing office policies to assure consistencies in our charging and our use of appropriate charging authority,” the statement said.

Other texts showed prosecutor were blindsided by the response they got following their decision to drop the charges.

“Just wish I could have anticipated the magnitude of this response and planned a bit better!” Lanier wrote in a March 26 text to Magats.

“There’s really no planning for this. It’s the right decision,” Magats replied.

The trove of documents released also shows that, two days before charges were dropped, prosecutors received letters of support for Smollett from the Black AIDS Institute, Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and The City Lights Orchestra, citing his activism and community service.

The city of Chicago is suing Smollett for refusing to repay taxpayers for the $130,000 in overtime payments made to police officers who investigated his alleged hoax.

She's going full Steve Harvey here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Jussie Smollett’s brother says actor is suffering from ‘night terrors’

By Lee Brown - Page Six

That’s a big “if.”

In a Sunday op-ed titled “What If Jussie Is Telling The Truth?” embattled “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s eldest brother doubled down on defending the accused hoaxster — while claiming Jussie is suffering from “night terrors” following the race-hate attack he allegedly staged.

“Jussie is as strong as iron, but following an attack like this, there is a normal and natural amount of post trauma that mostly anyone should expect to suffer,” brother Jojo Smollett, 41, wrote in the piece published by BET.

“I have literally seen him violently awakening from night terrors, following the assault. Some of my siblings, as well as Jussie’s partner and closest friends have seen similar things.”

Jussie, who is black and gay, claims a pair of bigots spewed racial and homophobic vitriol while dousing him with bleach and roping a noose around his neck in Chicago on Jan. 29.
    But the actor’s tale fell apart when the Chicago police determined he paid two Nigerian brothers to stage the attack in order to drum up sympathy and a fatter paycheck for himself — something Jussie’s brother continues to deny.

“To suggest that he staged his own attack to boost a sagging career is ludicrous,” Jojo wrote, bragging of his 36-year-old brother’s “advancing career” and “business savvy mind.

“He wouldn’t need to roll around on the icy ground of a Chicago street, staging an attack on himself to make this happen.”

Jussie and Jojo both claim the payment was for personal training.

Jussie was hit with felony disorderly conduct charges for allegedly faking the attack, but prosecutors abruptly dropped the charges in February, resulting in a national outcry.

Still, the brother insisted that the actor had been convicted in the court of public opinion, despite the “weak” case being dropped.

“To define this experience as unjust would be an understatement,” Jojo wrote, later adding that he is “definitely not asking you to feel sorry for my brother.”

He concluded: “I am simply hoping there are some conscious-minded people out there who, instead of carelessly victim blaming and shaming, want to loudly ask the simple question: ‘What if Jussie is telling the truth?’”

While the charges were dropped, the city of Chicago has filed a civil complaint against Smollett for his refusal to reimburse $130,000 in overtime payments to police officers who investigated the case.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Brothers accused of attacking Jussie Smollett sue his attorneys for defamation

Abel and Ola Osundairo, the brothers accused of attacking Jussie Smollett in January — then later accused of helping him stage the alleged hate crime hoax — have filed a defamation lawsuit against the "Empire" star's attorneys, Tina Glandian and Mark Geragos, and Geragos' firm, Fox News has learned.

The suit alleges that Geragos and his firm continued to say publicly in widely reported statements that the brothers "led a criminally homophobic, racist and violent attack against Mr. Smollett," even though they allegedly knew that wasn't true.

The brothers are seeking punitive damages as well as lost income in the lawsuit.

The Osundairos' attorney, Gloria Schmidt, quoted Smollett, 36, in a press conference Tuesday in Chicago, telling reporters, "'I will never be the man that this did not happen to. I will be forever changed.'" She said of her clients and the Chicago Police Department, "Now they can say that same statement. My city, my police department and my clients deserve to have their reputations restored."

Schmidt slammed Geragos and Glandian's alleged "continued false statements and hateful rhetoric" against the brothers following the alleged hoax.

"That is why today we are taking action in federal court," she said. "We want to end these malicious attacks and ensure that those responsible for continuing to destroy the reputation of the Chicago Police Department and Abel and Ola Osundairo are held accountable."

"The Chicagoan brothers told the truth," Schmidt said. "They could have remained silent, but they told the truth to the police, and with their right hands in the air, they told the truth to the grand jury." She later said they were "asked to do something by a friend that they trusted, and later that friend betrayed their trust."

In a statement Schmidt read during the press conference, the brothers said, "We have sat back and watched lie after lie being fabricated about us in the media only so one big lie can continue to have life. These lies are destroying our character and our reputation and our personal and professional lives. Those who know us personally know we don't have hate for anyone. That is not who we are. We try to spread love and positivity to everyone we come in contact with. We will no longer sit back and allow these lies to continue."

Schmidt also noted that the Osundairos actively participated in the alleged publicity stunt, but did not participate in calling or lying to the police. Attorney Gregory Kulis said the Osundairos have had trouble making ends meet and lost work since the Smollett attack occurred.

"No one should be surprised by this lawsuit," attorney James Tunick said. "[The defendants] know the extent of their false and vicious remarks." Tunick said that there are "numerous false statements" in their 16-page lawsuit, many of which he says were made after the charges against Smollett were dropped. Tunick said his team has "actual evidence" that contradicts statements Geragos and Glandian allegedly made. Tunick did not specify, however, what the evidence was.

In January, Smollett told authorities that two masked men attacked him, put a rope around his neck and poured bleach on him as he was walking home from a Subway restaurant. The actor, who is black and openly gay, said the masked men beat him, made racist and homophobic comments and yelled, "This is MAGA country" before fleeing the scene. Surveillance video reportedly revealed the Osundairo brothers purchasing the rope allegedly used in the attack.

Smollett was later arrested for allegedly filing a false police report and faced 16 counts of disorderly conduct. The charges against the actor were dropped. Smollett has maintained his innocence and insists the attack was real. The city of Chicago has since sued the actor in an effort to recoup resources spent investigating the alleged hoax.

The Chicago Police Department alleged in March that the Osundairo brothers became cooperating witnesses in the investigation into Smollett, alleging that the singer-actor paid the Osundairos by check for a "phony attack" in order to take "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career." Smollett has repeatedly and vehemently denied the allegations, saying he paid the brothers for physical training.

When questioned about Smollett's claim that his attackers were white, Glandian previously alleged that the Osundairos may have been wearing white makeup at the time of the attack.

"He did tell police that from what he saw, he thought it was white or pale skin, that's what he initially said," Glandian said on "Today" on March 28, adding, "Obviously, you can disguise that. You can put makeup on." She then pointed to a 2016 YouTube video of Abel Osundairo wearing white makeup on his face to dress up as the Joker for a costume.

Glandian also told "Good Morning America" that the Osundairos lied about their participation in the alleged hoax attack.

Schmidt previously told Fox News of the Osundairo brothers' role in the alleged hoax, "What they did, and I'll say have they tremendous regret over their role and their participation in this, but what they did was accept payment for training that also encompassed doing a favor for this person. It's not an easy narrative to say, 'Oh, OK, let's just take $3,500 for this."

Schmidt insisted at the time that Smollett took advantage of the brothers, adding, "They are remorseful for their involvement. That's without a doubt. I was there to witness their realization process, to see that this was something that was going to effect tremendous people across the board, have an enormous impact on minority populations — I was there to see that realization process, and they are remorseful for that."

Geragos and Glandian, who were not yet served in the lawsuit, did not immediately return Fox News' requests for comment on the defamation claims.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...uit-defamation
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-23-2019)