Thread: Ariana Grande Has Major Tattoo Fail, Accidentally Inks ‘BBQ Grill’ In Japanese

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

Oops Ariana Grande Has Major Tattoo Fail, Accidentally Inks ‘BBQ Grill’ In Japanese

If you’re going to get a tattoo in a language you don’t speak, a quick Google search never hurts.

Ariana Grande appears to have overlooked this step, falling prey to a common tattoo fail ― inking incorrect Japanese kanji characters on the palm of her hand.

The pop star intended to permanently pay tribute to her new single “7 Rings” with some body art. Instead, she tattooed the word “shichirin,” which translates to a small Japanese-style charcoal grill.

The “thank u, next” singer debuted the new ink on Instagram Tuesday with a photo of her palm to commemorate the single and its record-breaking music video, which correctly featured the Japanese translation of “7 Rings”: 七つの指輪.

But fans were quick to point out that Grande’s new tattoo, without the three middle characters, takes on an entirely different meaning.

“I’M SCREAMING did ariana grande really tattoo the japanese kanji of bbq grill on her hand SIS.... ” one fan wrote on Twitter.

“ariana grande getting an incorrectly google translated tattoo in japanese is karma for trying to user another culture as an accessory,” another added. “imagine tattooing bbq grill onto ur hand omg...”

Grande later scrubbed the image from her social media accounts, along with tweets responding to the misspelling.

She later explained that she “left out つの指 which should have gone in between” her tattoo characters in a pair of since-deleted tweets.

“It hurt like fuck n still looks tight. I wouldn’t have lasted one more symbol lmao. But this spot also peels a ton and won’t last so if I miss it enough I’ll suffer thru the whole thing next time,” she wrote.

“Also…. huge fan of tiny bbq grills,” she jokingly added.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

I had a shirt with Japanese characters descending vertically down the front and the silhouette of a guy kicking through the air. Temp workers kept giggling when I wore it. Finally I asked one of them what it said. Rough translation - I love sushi and eat it daily.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Fuck ya though right? I mean gun to your head, you've gotta be a dweeb who gets Asian characters tattoo'd on you, what better to get than something as kick ass as Japanese BBQ? I'd probably go for my personal favorite xiao long bao which is Chinese steam buns, but bbq is a close second alright.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-31-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Ariana Grande corrects tattoo

Bang Showbiz

Ariana Grande has had her misspelt tattoo corrected.

The 'Thank U, Next' hitmaker accidentally paid tribute to a tiny charcoal grill with the Japanese inking she had etched onto her palm earlier this week, but she's now had the art amended back to reflect her original intention of commemorating her latest single '7 Rings'.

Ariana shared a photo of the amended art and wrote: ''slightly better. Thanks to my tutor for helping me and to @kanenavasard for being a legend. And to my doctor for the lidocaine shots (no joke).sic)''

But the 25-year-old star joked she's missing the old tattoo already.

She added on the Instagram post: ''RIP tiny charcoal grill. Miss u man. I actually really liked u.(sic)''

The 'Sweetener' hitmaker admitted earlier this week she had made a mistake with the tattoo, which led to the word 'shrichirin' being etched on her palm.

However, Ariana suggested she wasn't planning to have it amended because she claimed she wouldn't have been able to cope with the pain of having it made longer and wasn't expecting the design to stay permanently anyway.

Acknowledging the error on her Twitter account, she wrote in a now-deleted message: ''Indeed, I left out [some characters] which should have gone in between. It hurt like f**k n still looks tight. I wouldn't have lasted one more symbol lmao. But this spot also peels a ton and won't last so if I miss it enough I'll suffer thru the whole thing next time (sic)''

And she admitted she liked the unintended message.

She added: ''also....huge fan of tiny bbq grills (sic)''

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (02-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    ''RIP tiny charcoal grill. Miss u man. I actually really liked u.(sic)''

That's my kind of self deprecating humor. I actually like her more now for this response

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    why didn't she just keep it then?