Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ellen Page Unleashes Impassioned Tirade Against Hateful Leaders: 'This Needs to F--king Stop'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Ellen Page Unleashes Impassioned Tirade Against Hateful Leaders: 'This Needs to F--king Stop'

By TooFab Staff

Ellen Page gave an incredibly powerful and impassioned speech about the state of hate in the world and how it's reached this level thanks to powerful men like Trump and Pence on "The Late Show."

The star of Netflix's "The Umbrella Academy" got emotional herself as she spoke about the recent attack on Jussie Smollett, the seeming unwillingness of the media to be direct about things like hate crimes and even climate change. She railed against people in power who seek to cause the suffering of others as the catalyst for this kind of violence.

Throughout it, Colbert mostly just sat back and let her speak. At one point, she apologized for being "really fired up tonight," but Colbert assured her there was nothing to apologize for.

"It feels impossible to not feel this way right now with the president and the vice president, Mike Pence, who wishes I coudn't be married," she said. "Let's just be clear, the vice president of America wishes I didn't have the love with my wife. He wanted to ban that in Indiana, he believes in conversion therapy, he has hurt LGBTQ people so badly as the governor of Indiana."

Page made her way to the topic of Jussie Smollett by discussing what she sees as the refusal of people in power and even the media to just accept climate change for what it is, and who inordinately marginalized people and people of color have suffered even in that arena.

"We have a media that's saying it's a debate whether or not what just happened to Jussie Smollett is a hate crime," she said. "Its absurd. This s--t isn't a debate."

She also doesn't think it's a mystery why that crime happened today. "Connect the dots. This is what happens," she said. "If you are in a position of power and you hate people and you want to cause suffering to them, you go through the trouble, you spend your career trying to cause suffering, what do you think is going to happen?

"Kids are going to be abused and they're going to kill themselves and people are going to be beaten on the street."

She acknowledged her platform and privilege, which is why she was taking this opportunity to speak out. "I have traveled the world and I have met the most marginalized people you can meet," she told Colbert. "I am lucky to have this time and the privilege to say this. This needs to f-----g stop."

Page also spoke about her experiences coming up in Hollywood where she claims to have experienced plenty of misogyny and homophobia, but she sees it as systemic to an industry that is so "narrow in it's ideas of who can tell stories and who can be in the stories."

While she did acknowledge that there has been change in recent years, she is urging Hollywood to pick up the pace. "there is some progress, there is some more representation but honestly, I really think we need to hurry up," she said. "It's not cutting it."

The entire discussion, which was more like an impassioned, well-informed and personally meaningful monologue, is worth checking out. Page feels what she's trying to express so viscerally that it is an emotional experience for both her and those who witnessed it.

Colbert's studio audience gave her a sustained standing ovation. You can check it out for yourself in the video above.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (02-02-2019), RBP (02-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    So go back to Canada.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-01-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

You love her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've enjoyed her movies.

But what's with re-litigating settled issues as though they are currently open for change? That's just ignorant.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I dont even know who this little woman is with her big opinions that dont mean shit to me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Page made her way to the topic of Jussie Smollett by discussing what she sees as the refusal of people in power and even the media to just accept climate change for what it is, and who inordinately marginalized people and people of color have suffered even in that arena.

"We have a media that's saying it's a debate whether or not what just happened to Jussie Smollett is a hate crime," she said. "Its absurd. This s--t isn't a debate."
    It is a debate whether or not it's a hate crime. It's debatable whether it actually happened at all.... and it's looking like it didn't.

The problem is she's filtering everything through her emotions, and not thinking with her head.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 02-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    So go back to Canada.
    I've enjoyed her movies.

But what's with re-litigating settled issues as though they are currently open for change? That's just ignorant.
    She's gay and left you for another slot machine.

No need to bring Canada into this because you're crushed over the development

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    She's gay and left you for another slot machine.

No need to bring Canada into this because you're crushed over the development
    That makes the fantasy hotter actually. Never nailed a Canadian lesbian before.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That makes the fantasy hotter actually. Never nailed a Canadian lesbian before.
    Listen, I'm as liberal as the next guy wearing an Indian headdress but...

I'm getting tired of seeing dem-actors in your country using their station in life to bleat out their discomfort over their personal political views.

Not being from your country, it permeates everything and it's sickening.

Shit like this burns my butt:

"She acknowledged her platform and privilege... I have traveled the world and I have met the most marginalized people you can meet".

She's doing more than well fine financially and saying she's met the most marginalized people is just like an actress traveling to Africa saying - I've seen some pretty hungry people. Before my flight home.

Instead of jerking yourself off to a entertainment audience that agrees with your political views, why not run for office and attempt to change things that way?

Yes the world knows that old Hollywood is a misogynistic world at best and needs to change. But trying to wrap up the current political leader, an assault event, sexism and Hollywood is just a mishmash of shit you don't like and not every venue is a stage for your personal dislikes.

Kinda like my post here

/rant

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-01-2019), Goofy (02-02-2019), RBP (02-01-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (02-01-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She can't because she's CANADIAN.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She gets thrown into the pot with Bieber and Celine Dion...they are excommunicated from our country and no longer allowed that proud moniker.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She gets thrown into the pot with Bieber and Celine Dion...they are excommunicated from our country and no longer allowed that proud moniker.
    I don't know Hal, she's discussing the "environmental racism" in Canada.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't know Hal, she's discussing the "environmental racism" in Canada.
    I'm transracial so that shit just slides down off my black ass.

What the hell does that even mean?

No wait, I don't want to know.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm transracial so that shit just slides down off my black ass.

What the hell does that even mean?

No wait, I don't want to know.
    Yes you do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I didn't watch the video above, caught a little bit of this on the news.

Nice forehead Eddie Munster

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-03-2019)