vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

TV The Man in the High Castle - Season 3

Coming Oct 5/2018

(all 10 episodes have been released)

This show has some great imagery and ideas. This is half promo, half music video because I like the song.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I have yet to watch any season of this. I keep meaning to, but I keep putting it off.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I have yet to watch any season of this. I keep meaning to, but I keep putting it off.
    It can be a little slow at times, but the acting and production values are top notch.

I assume you know the premise?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have the book. I'm a big Phillip K. Dick fan. Alternate history: The Axis Powers won WW2 and split up the USA into zones.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have the book. I'm a big Phillip K. Dick fan. Alternate history: The Axis Powers won WW2 and split up the USA into zones.
    The TV show varies quite a bit from Dick's story. Pretty much the same broad ideas where Nazi Germany and Japan were the winning superpowers after the war, and people in the US become subservient pawns and then rebels.

There's a good reveal in season one featuring a non-book idea and throughout the series they capture the paranoia and desperation of resistance fighters.

At 1:32 in the trailer above they show a quick spoiler of sorts. It won't ruin anything about the previous two seasons as the idea is unique and cool.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm assuming they'd have to change a bunch of things, or at least add a bunch of subplots, to get 3 seasons out of a really short book. It's not very long at all, maybe 250 pages or slightly less.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And they removed key elements like the book within the story idea, author being involved, and still came up with a compelling show.

It's eerie watching the Germans run the country and their tense relationship with the Japanese. Lots of variation from the story but all of it is done well and interesting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The author's not involved? But the author is literally The Man In The High Castle. What's the point if he's not in it?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The author's not involved? But the author is literally The Man In The High Castle. What's the point if he's not in it?
    I'm trying to keep parts of this secret...this comes out during season one at one point so here goes...

Check out the preview above if you haven't. They show some films in a box. Those films contain the alternate realities. In season one the premise is someone has a film showing the war ending differently and gives it to her sister...man in the high castle may know something about the films.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oopsy, just read some reviews of this season and people are saying it became too preachy and SJW

I haven't started watching 3 yet but the protagonist has always been a woman from the get-go.

Lots of male and female characters, can't see where women have been elevated or marginalized anywhere.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Oopsy, just read some reviews of this season and people are saying it became too preachy and SJW

I haven't started watching 3 yet but the protagonist has always been a woman from the get-go.

Lots of male and female characters, can't see where women have been elevated or marginalized anywhere.
    Me and the wife just finished season 3 the other day. I guess maybe there was some of that in it, but I don't think it was that bad.

Did like the season and they kinda left it at a cliffhanger and I'm hoping it is/gets renewed for a season 4.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Me and the wife just finished season 3 the other day. I guess maybe there was some of that in it, but I don't think it was that bad.

Did like the season and they kinda left it at a cliffhanger and I'm hoping it is/gets renewed for a season 4.
    I should watch this