Thread: Liam Neeson faces backlash after interview where he recalled wanting to kill a ‘black bastard’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Liam Neeson faces backlash after interview where he recalled wanting to kill a ‘black bastard’

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Hollywood icon Liam Neeson is facing a ton of heat while promoting his new film "Cold Pursuit" for admitting in an interview that he once sought revenge on someone he described as a "black bastard."

During an interview with The Independent, the 66-year-old actor recalled a family member being raped many years ago and how "primal" he felt following the assault.

"She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way," Neeson said. "But my immediate reaction was- I asked, did she know who it was? No. What color were they? She said it was a black person."

Neeson then described waiting outside of pubs with a "cosh" hoping a "black bastard" would spark an altercation.

"I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody – I’m ashamed to say that – and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [in air quotes] 'black bastard' would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could… kill him,” he continued. “It took me a week, maybe a week and a half, to go through that. She would say, ‘Where are you going?’ and I would say, ‘I’m just going out for a walk.’ You know? ‘What’s wrong?’ ‘No no, nothing’s wrong.’”

The “Taken” star expressed remorse for his thoughts and actions.

“It was horrible, horrible, when I think back, that I did that. And I’ve never admitted that, and I’m saying it to a journalist. God forbid,” Neeson said. “It’s awful. But I did learn a lesson from it, when I eventually thought, ‘What the f--k are you doing,’ you know?”

His admission sent shockwaves across Hollywood and social media.

It is unclear if Neeson’s remarks will impact the release of “Cold Pursuit,” which hits theaters February 8.

Neeson is best known as the vengeful father in the “Taken” franchise and appearing as the comic book villain Ra’s Al Ghul in the “Dark Knight” trilogy. He has also starred in “Schindler’s List,” “Love Actually,” and “The LEGO Movie.” He has two other films scheduled to be released this year including “Men in Black: International.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    I guess we won't be seeing Liam in any movies anymore. It's a shame. I really liked him.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I guess we won't be seeing Liam in any movies anymore. It's a shame. I really liked him.
    He said awhile ago that he was retiring from action movies, so at least that part was already over.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Up here when relating certain stories we usually start by saying - the dude was black, the person was Asian, the woman was East Indian....it's a way of delineating the person you're talking about instantly.

Bad habit? Maybe, but if Liam lives in an area where black people are less common than white it's a form of description not racism.

If he admitted wanting to beat up or kill 'any' black person because of the incident then that's a component of racism, yet unfortunately still a common reaction.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious Liam Neeson event canned after actor's comments

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Lionsgate on Tuesday canned the red carpet for the New York City premiere of Liam Neeson’s new film “Cold Pursuit,” after the actor admitted decades-old thoughts of wanting to kill some “black bastard” when a close friend told him she was raped.

Neeson made the comments during an interview with The Independent, which was published Monday. The 66-year-old actor said he experienced a “primal urge to lash out,” after a friend told him she was raped by a black man.

“After that, there were some nights I went out deliberately into black areas in this city, looking to be set upon so that I could unleash physical violence. I did it for maybe four or five times. It really shocked me, this primal urge I had. It shocked me and it hurt me. I did seek help. I went to a priest. I had two very good friends I talked to, and believe it or not — power walking — to get rid of this.”

Neeson appeared on “Good Morning America” Tuesday morning where he said his comments were taken out of context. He told interviewer Robin Roberts he is not a racist and moved past his desire for violence after seeking help from a priest and from friends.

Lionsgate has not commented but a source cited by Variety confirmed that the entertainment company decided to pull the plug on the red carpet in the wake of Neeson’s controversy.

A premiere of the film without the red carpet was still scheduled for New York City's AMC Loews Lincoln Square, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Cold Pursuit,” a remake of a 2014 Norwegian film, is slated for a wider release on Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Some things are best kept private

Back to my younger Coulter/Ocasio dogging fetish