Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

SJW Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

Ellen Page slammed Chris Pratt for attending a church she claimed is “infamously anti-LGBTQ” and doubled down on her comments on Saturday.

Page’s criticism came after Pratt appeared on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and talked about being religious and completing a 21-day fast inspired by the Biblical Prophet Daniel. “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” actor frequently attends Zoe Church, which is modeled after Hillsong Church, a megachurch founded in Australia but which has locations in New York City and Los Angeles, the New York Times previously reported. Variety stated Pratt was also a Hillsong church attendee.

Following Pratt’s appearance on the late-night show, Page took to Twitter to criticize Pratt for attending the church, which she did not name.

“Oh. K. Um. But his church is infamously anti lgbtq so maybe address that too?” She tweeted along with a Hollywood Reporter article about Pratt’s interview.

On Saturday Page, who came out as gay during a 2014 speech in Las Vegas at a conference for the Human Rights Campaign, doubled down on her comment against Pratt and said the actor should “try and listen” to the LGBTQ community.

“If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed,” the 31-year-old actress tweeted Saturday. “Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all.”

She said in another tweet, “If lgbtq+ people are expressing their pain, their trauma, their experiences … maybe just try and listen? Open your heart, stop being defensive and have compassion. It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all.”

Pastor Chad Veach previously told the New York Times he modeled Zoe church after Hillsong, which is popular among celebrities, including Justin Bieber.

Senior pastor Brian Houston at Hillsong previously said in a 2015 statement that the church does “not affirm a gay lifestyle.”

“We do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid,” he said in a post on the church’s website. “I recognize this one statement alone is upsetting to people on both sides of this discussion, which points to the complexity of the issue for churches all over the world.”

He said that he loves and accepts “people on a personal level.”

“Everyone is welcome at Hillsong church except for known predators, those who are disruptive, or those who have adversarial agendas,” he said, adding that gay people are welcomed at the church but cannot pursue a leadership role.

Page has been outspoken about LGBTQ issues and recently spoke out against the attack on “Empire” star Jussie Smollett.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    She sounds very hateful and intolerant.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    She sounds very hateful and intolerant.
    What ever happened to minding your own business? I've never seen a story anywhere with Chris Pratt saying anything negative about gays, not once. And I'm sure if he had tweeted it or posted it on some other social media platform, it would be out there for everyone to shame him which seems to be the thing to do nowadays, digging up 6 or 7 or 8 year old posts (or older) and shaming people.

She just needs a big helping of STFU and stick to living her own life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    What ever happened to minding your own business? I've never seen a story anywhere with Chris Pratt saying anything negative about gays, not once. And I'm sure if he had tweeted it or posted it on some other social media platform, it would be out there for everyone to shame him which seems to be the thing to do nowadays, digging up 6 or 7 or 8 year old posts (or older) and shaming people.

She just needs a big helping of STFU and stick to living her own life.
    Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop.

Knowing what you know now, if you met Hitler before the Holocaust would you kill him?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    “We do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid,” he said in a post on the church’s website.
    It's a hard issue to contend with

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop.

Knowing what you know now, if you met Hitler before the Holocaust would you kill him?
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    It's a hard issue to contend with
    a literal rim shot.

A comment on a feminist podcast stuck in my head (well several did) when a guest said that the continuum of sexuality is expanding for college men and hopes to see it continue.

Only in a political or activist environment would an expansion of bro-job culture be preferable over straight men learning to positively socialize, court, and sexually explore with women.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    If you aren't fighting hate, you are a supporter of hate.

For shame, Nazi. For shame.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If you aren't fighting hate, you are a supporter of hate.

For shame, Nazi. For shame.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    "The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."

"It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all."

You're not sending love to all.

You are publicly trying to shame someone for going to a religious institution you feel disagrees with your lifestyle.

Even if the church disagrees with the LGBQTCIAFBI and Pratt supports this...it's his right to do so.

Go away Fiona Forehead.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-11-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (02-11-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

You are publicly trying to shame someone for going to a religious institution you feel disagrees with your lifestyle.

Even if the church disagrees with the LGBQTCIAFBI and Pratt supports this...it's his right to do so.

Go away Fiona Forehead.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

Go away Fiona Forehead.
    There aren't two sides.

We've had this discussion. THEY determine what is hate and therefore what must be fought. If THEY deem it is hate, fighting it is not hate, it's a righteous obligation. Stay woke, bruh.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-11-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    There aren't two sides.

We've had this discussion. THEY determine what is hate and therefore what must be fought. If THEY deem it is hate, fighting it is not hate, it's a righteous obligation. Stay woke, bruh.
    If that's woke, then I'm going back to sleep and please wake me when the world starts spinning on the correct axis again

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-11-2019)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Stop tweeting about Chris and take some pics of your dirty onion ring for us to enjoy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-11-2019)