Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Chris Pratt Defends His 'Infamously Anti-LGBTQ' Church Amid Controversy

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

After enough critics have sounded off about his "infamously anti-LGBTQ" church, actor Chris Pratt has issued a public response in defense of his house of worship.

In a post on his Instagram and Facebook stories, the "Guardians of the Galaxy" actor said that Hillsong Church is not a hateful place and opens its "doors to absolutely everyone."

It has recently been suggested that I belong to a church which hates a certain group of people and is "infamously anti-LGBTQ." Nothing could be further from the truth. I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone.

Despite what the Bible says about my divorce, my church community was there for me every step of the way, never judging, just gracefully accompanying me on my walk. They helped me tremendously offering their love and support. It is what I have seen them do for others on countless occasions regardless of sexual orientation, race, or gender.

My faith is important to me but no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or any group of people. My values define who I am. We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgment of their fellow man.

Pratt's post included a quote from Jesus, "I give you a new command, love one another," which the actor said "guides me in my life."

"He is a God of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness. Hate has no place in my or this world," Pratt concluded.

This past Friday, openly lesbian actress Ellen Page publicly criticized Chris Pratt for attending Hillsong Church, attended also by Justin Bieber and Kendall Jenner. It was founded in Australia with locations in New York City and Los Angeles. Carl Lentz, leader of the New York branch, said in 2015 that homosexuality is a sin. Later that year, two male choir members of the church got married and Brian Houston, the church’s global senior pastor, released a statement denouncing the union.

For this, Ellen Page and several LGBTQ activists have been demanding Chris Pratt publicly denounce Hillsong's past statements or clarify his own position at the very least. Page tweeted Monday, "If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed. Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    "If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed. Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all."
    Ok, indulging her...the church won't employ gays. I suppose you could say this is not very progressive by today's "standards" (argument for another day).

Where did she get the notion of hate from, though?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Why are there so many acronyms these days anyway? Im just gonna decide for myself what they stand for

LGBTQ = Lesbian Girls with Big Tits Queuing

I dunno what they're queuing for right enough

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    She's an asshat that enjoys attention?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Ok, indulging her...the church won't employ gays. I suppose you could say this is not very progressive by today's "standards" (argument for another day).

She defined what hate is. And then fought the hate. That's the MO. It's not being hateful if you are fighting oppressive (self-defined) hatred.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    She's an asshat that enjoys attention?
    Needs Dick ( my running theory until proven otherwise )

Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    She defined what hate is. And then fought the hate. That's the MO. It's not being hateful if you are fighting oppressive (self-defined) hatred.
    She did indeed. Thank you Ellen

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    She did indeed. Thank you Ellen
    I just emphasize this enough. It's the same justification for opposing free speech on campuses. Classic liberal thinkers must just shudder.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Classic liberal thinkers must just shudder.
    In today's day and age? They're violently convulsing and foaming at the mouth on a daily basis.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-12-2019)