Thread: PBS News returns to a small town 3 years after the Walmart closes up and leaves town

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts

PBS News returns to a small town 3 years after the Walmart closes up and leaves town

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-12-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I remember when I was living in Vermont, there was talk of a Walmart going in (I might be wrong, but I think Vermont was the last state that had no Walmart at the time). Everyone went crazy, there were protest groups formed and people were fighting it tooth and nail. Pretty sure they drove it out the first couple of proposals that Walmart submitted. It was because of like the story above, all the small stores worried that Walmart would drive them out of business. Not sure whatever happened with their initial proposal, whether they just gave up for awhile or tried somewhere else in the state, but I just looked and there's 10 of them in Vermont now.

And then I think of living here in a major city and just within 5 miles of my house, there are three Walmart Super Centers and they are all always busy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-12-2019)