Thread: 'Captain America' Chris Evans Gets SLAMMED For Daring To Meet With Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Obvious 'Captain America' Chris Evans Gets SLAMMED For Daring To Meet With Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw

By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

"Captain America" star Chris Evans was on Capitol Hill last week, lobbying for veteran's issues, when he ran into real-life Captain (err...Lieutenant Colonel?) America, Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX).

The two seemed to hit it off. They, in fact, have similar priorities on the issue, and Crenshaw, knowing that he would be meeting Evans, replaced his every day glass eye with a "Captain America"-themed eye, which featured a stylistic recreation of the superhero's iconic shield.

The two took photos together for social media.

Evans responded back:

Evans and Crenshaw likely disagree on most issues. Crenshaw is a Republican representative from Texas, and Evans is nothing if not public about his progressive beliefs. Evans, of course, frequently uses social media to criticize President Donald Trump and to promote progressive issues and legislation. But it's clear that the two share an interest in making life better for those who have served our country, and that's as good an excuse for bipartisan compromise as any.

Well, unless you're on the left. In that case, you may just lash out at Evans, who reportedly "betrayed" his progressive fan base by daring to compliment a sitting congressman's fancy glass eye.

The social media angst was palpable, and the insults were as intelligent as expected.

Others suggested that "Captain America" was fraternizing with the enemy.

Hydra is, of course, the Nazi offshoot supervillain organization that Captain America battles in the comic books (and in at least one of the "Captain America" movies).

Yep, they suggested that Chris Evans is a literal space Nazi for saying Rep. Crenshaw's glass eyeball was cool. Apparently, the claims of Crenshaw's "white supremacy" originated with an Internet rumor from Crenshaw's campaign, which suggested the Texas Republican was a "member" of a white supremacist Facebook group. Media Matters, which uncovered the "blockbuster" revelation, insisted that the connection disqualified Crenshaw, but, according to Newsweek, the then-candidate was clear that he was added to the group and didn't join of his own volition. He removed himself immediately upon finding out about the group's content.

Evans, of course, did not endorse Crenshaw, or say anything beyond that he believed the Captain America shield was a "nice use of Vibranium." To his credit, Evans visited a number of Republican legislators last week, including Crenshaw and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, with whom he discussed "education, workforce development, criminal justice reform and bipartisanship."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Twitter has become such a cesspool.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Twitter has become such a cesspool.
    Trump is literally Hitler and by extension that makes Dan Crenshaw literally Hitler. You can't cavort with Hitler

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Hitler isnt even Hitler anymore

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Trump is literally Hitler and by extension that makes Dan Crenshaw literally Hitler. You can't cavort with Hitler
    My wife tells me that Jenny Garth is currently under attack because she did not tweet out any personal feelings about Luke Perrys death...

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Look I'm a liberale with a Mexican heritage and even I think this criticsims is going too far.

Do these plebs even understand how that guy got his glass eye and wheelchair? Three tours of duty and 10 years of being a SEAL.

Yes most dems don't support war but for the love of all that's good in this world, Evans was just commenting on his cool glass eye

It's like a handshake from across the aisle and we need to keep doing similar things to remind ourselves we are all people living in the same world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Look I'm a liberale with a Mexican heritage and even I think this criticsims is going too far.

Do these plebs even understand how that guy got his glass eye and wheelchair? Three tours of duty and 10 years of being a SEAL.

Yes most dems don't support war but for the love of all that's good in this world, Evans was just commenting on his cool glass eye

It's like a handshake from across the aisle and we need to keep doing similar things to remind ourselves we are all people living in the same world.
    Yup, regardless of political party, the dude's a hero:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yup, regardless of political party, the dude's a hero:

Today is touch a republican day, put 'er there Lance.