vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Discussion Mueller report discussion thread

Mueller Delivers Report on Trump-Russia Investigation to Attorney General

March 22, 2019

WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, on Friday delivered a report on his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election to Attorney General William P. Barr, bringing to a close an investigation that has consumed the nation and cast a shadow over President Trump for nearly two years.

Mr. Barr told congressional leaders in a letter that he may brief them on the special counsel’s “principal conclusions” as early as this weekend, a surprisingly fast turnaround for a report anticipated for months. The attorney general said he “remained committed to as much transparency as possible.”

In an apparent endorsement of an investigation that Mr. Trump has relentlessly attacked as a “witch hunt,” Mr. Barr said Justice Department officials never had to intervene to keep Mr. Mueller from taking an inappropriate or unwarranted step. The department’s regulations would have required Mr. Barr to inform the leaders of the House and Senate Judiciary committees about any such interventions in his letter.

A senior Justice Department official said that Mr. Mueller would not recommend new indictments, a statement aimed at ending speculation that Mr. Trump or other key figures might be charged down the line. With department officials emphasizing that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry was over and his office closing, the question for both Mr. Trump’s critics and defenders was whether the prosecutors condemned the president’s behavior in their report, exonerated him — or neither. The president’s lawyers were already girding for a possible fight over whether they could assert executive privilege to keep parts of the report secret.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I wonder is the bold bit speculation or fact?
    Seems odd they are using no name, and indeed that hasn't been briefed, mentioned or leaked.
    Didn't expect anything anyway.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    They seemed to out a lot of scumbags.

Trump's proclivity for sleazy company aside , I suspect that with such a refined and expensive investigative apparatus at your disposal whether you'd net just as hefty a catch just about anywhere - including on the Dem's side.

Quite disturbing really

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The MSM is already losing their collective mind.

If only there was a leftist organization who was founded on the principle that endless investigations of the President do not serve the interests of the American people and should be ended.

What say you, moveon.org?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    The MSM is already losing their collective mind.

If only there was a leftist organization who was founded on the principle that endless investigations of the President do not serve the interests of the American people and should be ended.

What say you, moveon.org?

They really must have scraped right to the bottom of that massive barrel - then burnt the crud for atomic emission spectroscopic analysis

I want these dudes to do my tax return! I'd earn money!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Oh, the irony.

Last edited by RBP; 03-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    The report's not being hidden. Barr's following the law. If there's sensitive material in the report, it will have to be redacted before release to the general public. In either case, ain't nothing getting done as it's the weekend. And the Democrats can cry all they want, but they'd be lying their asses off if they told you they didn't already know the score.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-23-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    September 12, 1998 headlines from CNN

"White House says Starr has no case"
    "Public greets Starr report with weariness, distaste"

And this little gem:

"I think my constituents' view is very simple -- no rush to judgment, don't be hasty, don't do anything too quick," said U.S. Rep. Charles Schumer, a Brooklyn Democrat who is running for the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...merica.reacts/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-23-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Lurch is a fucking asshat.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Trump said immediately to release the whole damn thing. But of course the first thing that vomits out of Pelosi's mouth is release the whole thing and the president can have no interference in that. B**** did you not see that he is not trying to interfere with the stupid f****** thing? and what may happen if it's released as you get to see how many of your Democratic buddies really were the ones that are in bed with the f****** Russians

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-23-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Mueller finds no Trump collusion with Russians, that the Russians did attempt to interfere, and no decision on whether Trump obstruction rises to level of prosecution. AG Barr released a summary, and declined to prosecute on obstruction.

Full letter available here: https://judiciary.house.gov/story-ty...ary-committees

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Pony (03-24-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Egg boy needs to come over there and hand out some sucking eggs

23. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I watched about 15 minutes of CNN today. Wow. When Wolf Blitzer is the rational one reigning in the crazy, shit has gone off the reservation.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey: See you soon

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., posted an ominous reply to ex-FBI-Director James Comey on Twitter Sunday after Comey seemed to sum up the summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation by posting a picture of a man who appeared lost in the woods.

The photo posted by Comey was of a man surrounded by tall trees, and the caption was simply: "So many questions."

Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, replied, "Could not agree more," an obvious message that he hopes to question the former FBI head.

Comey's tweet followed Attorney General William Barr’s announcement that Mueller did not find evidence that Trump’s campaign “conspired or coordinated” with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election but reached no conclusion on whether Trump obstructed justice.

Trump and his team celebrated the outcome but also laid bare his resentment after two years of investigations that have shadowed his administration. “It’s a shame that our country has had to go through this. To be honest, it’s a shame that your president has had to go through this,” he said.

Despite Trump’s claim of total exoneration, Mueller did not draw a conclusion one way or the other on whether he sought to stifle the Russia investigation through his actions including the firing of former FBI director James Comey.

According to Barr’s summary, Mueller set out "evidence on both sides of the question" and stated that "while this report does not conclude the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

The Hill reached out to Graham for clarification about his tweet and his office referred the website to a letter from Graham to the attorney general about investigating a FISA surveillance warrant against Carter Page, a former campaign adviser to then-candidate Trump.

The surveillance of Page became a contentious matter between Republicans and Democrats.

Republicans say the FBI had abused its surveillance powers and improperly obtained the warrant, a charge that Democrats rebutted as both sides characterized the documents in different ways.

Critics have charged that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who signed off on the FISA application renewals, should not have approved them without more reliable intelligence.

Trump has claimed that his campaign was “illegally” spied on for “the political gain of Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC.”

Fox News' Gregg Re, Catherine Herridge and the Associated Press contributed to this report