Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller report discussion thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    That's what they said about the investigation of Bill Clinton.
    Yes, I agree. I was just trying a new smiley. Interpret it as: good find

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    He had plenty of reasons to fire Comey that had nothing to do with obstruction. His botched handling of the Clinton investigation, Obvious bias, Constant leaks to the media, Lying.
    The whole thing is a can of worms.
    I agree. And please correct my spelling of his name.

Definitely time for bed

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Thanks. Funny how a couple of dudes on the internet can explain this better
    My momma always told me I should've been a lawyer. Add on top of that that half of my family is law enforcement and/or employed in the legal system in some way shape or form... and the fact that I was a criminal justice major for 3 quarters before I became a math major in college....

I'm seriously thinking that I should go back to school for law. I know how it works.

Ok, that kind of makes more sense. I think what alarms me and makes me the most uncomfortable about Trump is, quite frankly, abuse of his position and nepotism. I think what waters down this aspect is that he throws his weight about across the board, not in particular with the Russia investigation( he's kinda neurotic and can't keep his mouth shut)
    Every President is the leader of their respective political party. And I sincerely doubt any of them know or respect what's in the Constitution, just like I sincerely doubt every Representative and Senator does either, but I digress. With that in mind, abuse of his position... we were screaming to high heaven because we believed Obama did it on a weekly basis too, and he did, they all do it. You'd be hard pressed to find a President in our history that hasn't done it. Nepotism? Come on, man... Ivanka's fucking hot, and she's pretty damn impressive, intellectually speaking too. All of his kid's are impressive, if you really sit down and take a good hard look at them. Should they not be part of it? I don't know. Who's to say? I don't think there's a specific law forbidding it, at least I don't know of one. Maybe it's unethical, but that doesn't make it illegal, per se. Throwing his weight around? Ok, but so does Nancy Pelosi, so does Mitch McConnell, so does Chuck Schumer, and if you're really paying attention, those new breed "fresh faced, so fresh, so face" idiots haven't been doing anything but throwing their weight around, including O-Casio-keyboard-Cortez-conquered-the-Aztecs. Obama did it too, just not on the foreign relations stage, the fucking pussy.

We all wish Trump would get off twitter and think twice on occasion, but he's a New Yorker... what can you do? They're all like that.

Re. the sacking of Comney, who knows...I think Comney was against Trump not just personally but politically. Not enough room for the both of them and it would have ripped the nation apart. Does the President have to justify it? Yes/No/Maybe. As long as he has other reasons obstruction can never be proven imo.
    Comey, not Comney, not Commie like I to call him, just Comey. Comey was against Trump and for Clinton. If he wasn't for Clinton, he would have charged her with at least gross negligence and she would be in jail for it right now. She was guilty of that crime, Comey laid the evidence out for it in his final press conference regarding all that bullshit. He had the evidence, he had her dead to rights, and he let it go. And I'm still pissed about it. The thing is, the Justice Department should not be political at all. They should be all about the law, the whole law, and nothing but the law, so help them God. And Comey wasn't. He got a bug up his ass and started thinking of himself as a superstar, and that should have gotten him fired long before Trump became President. And no Trump doesn't have to justify; employees of the Justice Department serve at the pleasure of the President. Every employee that works in the Executive branch of government serves at the pleasure of the President. That's the way it is, that's the way it's always been. He can fire anybody in the Executive branch he wants, whenever he wants. Every President can.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 03-25-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    "fresh faced, so fresh, so face"
    I still laugh every time, even when you say it.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-25-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-25-2019), RBP (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    It's like the 2016 election night, all over again.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-26-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-26-2019), Pony (03-25-2019), RBP (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yassss!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    that might be going on facebook.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh God. MSNBC is spinning like mad. Even going so far as to say that "the news media" is missing the point. As if they are the arbiter of reality.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "but the attorney general didn't even include the number of pages in the report"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-26-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Acting as the arbitrator of the dissenting side, is it possible something happened and they couldn't find the evidence?

Remembering that past presidencies had plenty of secrets and the government in general is not exactly known for releasing the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, could it be that this type of information is easily hidden and/or removed from public record?

They're looking for evidence of collusion with a Russian agency and it's not exactly like Watergate where a phone tap/oral recording and some witness testimony sunk a President. This is more a digital crime or the mechanics of whatever claims being made may have more potential to vanish into the ether capability?

I found it strange that Trump instantly jumped all over the initial result. From what I understand not all of the report has been released. This by no means indicates guilt but can we speak freely? Even if there was wrongdoing do you think someone with Trump's power would let that information surface? Not exactly a Chappaquiddick situation but it was a presidential election and the stakes are high.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Acting as the arbitrator of the dissenting side, is it possible something happened and they couldn't find the evidence?

Remembering that past presidencies had plenty of secrets and the government in general is not exactly known for releasing the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, could it be that this type of information is easily hidden and/or removed from public record?

They're looking for evidence of collusion with a Russian agency and it's not exactly like Watergate where a phone tap/oral recording and some witness testimony sunk a President. This is more a digital crime or the mechanics of whatever claims being made may have more potential to vanish into the ether capability?

I found it strange that Trump instantly jumped all over the initial result. From what I understand not all of the report has been released. This by no means indicates guilt but can we speak freely? Even if there was wrongdoing do you think someone with Trump's power would let that information surface? Not exactly a Chappaquiddick situation but it was a presidential election and the stakes are high.
    They could have simply, for 2 years, suggest we wait for the investigation. Wait for facts. But they have lived off this for 2 years. Now they can't back down. The refusal to accept that the Attorney General provided an honest summary is nothing more than ego protection. Trump doesn't control this information. Just wait, they will say that the limited information v the Starr report is evidence of a conspiracy, and fail to report that the rules changed SPECIFICALLY because the Starr report was out of control and included details about private issues that were not crimes.

The democrats are burying themselves. I am equally opposed to investigating further what started this, which was corrupt intelligence officers using secret courts with fake information to start this process.

MoveOn.org. The work of the people is being ignored.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-26-2019)