Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller report discussion thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Ben has laid it all out. Yes it's long, but watch it anyway, and keep in mind that Ben thinks Trump is a joke. He explains everything.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-27-2019), RBP (03-26-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

She's hot. Period.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Obvious Chris Matthews Says ‘Nixon Had Shame,’ Suggests Trump Should Resign Even Though Mueller Report Found No Collusion

By Ashe Schow - The Daily Wire

Should a person who was just determined to have not committed a crime still resign in shame?

That seems to be what MSNBC host Chris Matthews was suggesting during a panel discussion on “Morning Joe.” Matthews and his fellow panelists were discussing the report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which found “no evidence” of collusion between President Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and Russia. The topic turned, naturally, to another major American investigation involving a president — Richard Nixon.

“I think Nixon had shame,” Matthews said. “It may not have been moral shame, but was political shame. He knew he blew it.”

Matthews then explained that Nixon “got caught up” in various scandals, including one during his first campaign in 1946, when he accused incumbent Democrat opponent Jerry Voorhis of having communist ties. Switching back to Nixon resigning as president over the Watergate scandal, Matthews suggested Trump should do the same.

“[Nixon] got caught, and he knew it, and he cried, and he left,” Matthews said. “Trump doesn't have that faculty."

Host Mika Brezezinski nodded her head and agreed.

Matthews made these comments the day after Attorney General William Barr released his summary of Mueller’s report, which found “no evidence” of collusion. Democrats will point to another line in the summary, which states that Mueller’s “report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” Neither Barr nor Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein believed the allegations that Trump had “obstructed justice” warranted further investigation.

Still, it’s a far stretch to suggest Trump should resign over something he doesn’t appear to have done.

Earlier in the program, Matthews expressed his shock and dismay that neither Trump nor his children, associates, nor “henchmen” would be indicted.

“I think the Democrats have got to win the election,” Matthews said, hinting that the party must win in order to hold Trump accountable for the alleged crimes for which Mueller found no evidence.

Matthews has had a strained relationship with reality when it comes to Republicans, especially Trump. In December of last year, he suggested that Trump should resign as part of a deal with Mueller to ensure the president’s children were not indicted as part of the investigation.

“What if he were to say he would let the children walk if the old man does the same? That would mean giving up the presidency in exchange for acquittals all around ― not just for himself, but for all his kids," Matthews said.

Now Matthews is trying to keep the “resignation” fire lit by suggesting Trump resign just because the MSNBC host wants him to. Democrats hung their hopes on Mueller discovering evidence of collusion and obstruction that would lead to Trump’s downfall. That hasn’t happened, so the Left is stuck demanding he resign even though Mueller recommended no indictments of anyone close to Trump — or any American, for that matter — for colluding with Russia.

As for the obstruction charge, this is just the Left demanding people they believe are guilty not publicly defend themselves or suggest the investigation against them is a sham — even when it is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Chris has completely lost the plot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Chris has completely lost the plot.
    I think all his plots come from a fantasy world where the sky is a different color than the one in the real world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Fake News Rep. Heck (D) Downplays Mueller’s Findings: It’s ‘Just a Headline’

By Cameron Cawthorne - Washington Free Beacon

Rep. Denny Heck (D., Wash.) on Monday attempted to downplay Special Counsel Robert Mueller's findings stating the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia by saying it's "just a headline."

"So when you say though that you stand by the walls closing in, has your committee found anything Mueller didn't?" CNN's OutFront host Erin Burnett said. "Mueller obviously found no collusion with Russia. That's the bottom line. It's very hard to beat around that headline."

Heck avoided directly answering Burnett's question and responded by downplaying Mueller's findings, saying it was "just a headline." He went on to say he would be willing to accept Mueller's conclusion if he was able to read the full report.

"What we got was a four-page distillation by a political appointee of the president," said Heck, referring to Attorney General William Barr.

"You'll pardon me if I don't take his word directly for it," Heck said. "Let us remember that for the last two years the administration has been engaged in a non-stop, hour-by-hour attempt to discredit the reputation of Bob Mueller."

Mueller determined Trump did not collude with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign, but he refrained from making a judgment on whether Trump attempted to impede the investigation.

"The Special Counsel's investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election," Barr wrote in a letter to Congress. "As the report states, ‘[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.'"

Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein found there was "not sufficient evidence to establish the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-27-2019), Griffin (03-26-2019), Pony (03-26-2019), RBP (03-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    If anyone got caught up in it, went way overboard, and should resign, it's Matthews, Cuomo, and Maddow.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Ben has laid it all out. Yes it's long, but watch it anyway, and keep in mind that Ben thinks Trump is a joke. He explains everything.
    Very interesting, well worth the full listen. I love how this guy summarizes shit. He comes off as the most reasonable public figure in this entire discussion that I've heard (granted I don't pay much attention to this stuff).

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Fair to guess the left leaning media and politicians still won't let up on Trump or apologize for two years of dishonesty and slander... that's concerning on a massive level, and while I personally haven't paid much attention to this topic the last year or so, I can't even imagine all your frustration and disgust.

If I can digress a bit as a non-American though (and if this isn't the time/thread for it, that's understandable), but my question is... what is going to be done about Russia? At 21 minutes into the Shapiro vid he nicely recaps what we know Russia did do (and I believe they're doing this in many other countries). We know they fuck with our elections, our media, our social media, our investigations, hell even NATO satellites. They're looking to turn us in on ourselves, and it's working nicely. Can leaders ever stop talking about Trump long enough to do something meaningful about the actual threat here? Mueller indicted 12 Russian agents but you have to think that's nothing compared to Russia's efforts to subterfuge the West.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Fair to guess the left leaning media and politicians still won't let up on Trump or apologize for two years of dishonesty and slander... that's concerning on a massive level, and while I personally haven't paid much attention to this topic the last year or so, I can't even imagine all your frustration and disgust.

If I can digress a bit as a non-American though (and if this isn't the time/thread for it, that's understandable), but my question is... what is going to be done about Russia? At 21 minutes into the Shapiro vid he nicely recaps what we know Russia did do (and I believe they're doing this in many other countries). We know they fuck with our elections, our media, our social media, our investigations, hell even NATO satellites. They're looking to turn us in on ourselves, and it's working nicely. Can leaders ever stop talking about Trump long enough to do something meaningful about the actual threat here? Mueller indicted 12 Russian agents but you have to think that's nothing compared to Russia's efforts to subterfuge the West.
    Yeah, I think it's been proven that the Russians tried to meddle with the Brexit vote in the UK as well, so they definitely have their fingers in a LOT of cookie jars. But at least here in the US, as long as Trump remains president, the left couldn't care less about what the Russians ACTUALLY did, they are just looking for something to pin on the president. TDS runs deep on the left in this country, and until that changes, the Russians will be on the back burner, even with the indictments of the Russian agents by Mueller. Hell, Mueller could have listed things in his report like "During the course of the investigation, we came upon files relating to successful tests of cold fusion, three separate cures for cancer, and irrefutable proof that the US military has been housing alien spacecraft and bodies at Area 51." And no one on the left would even care because Trump and Russian collusion!

I agree with you though, the West needs to do something to counter what the Russians are trying to do (which they are succeeding at IMHO).

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Honestly? I think we do nothing because we do the exact same shit.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

The left is delusional

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I think it's been proven that the Russians tried to meddle with the Brexit vote in the UK as well, so they definitely have their fingers in a LOT of cookie jars. But at least here in the US, as long as Trump remains president, the left couldn't care less about what the Russians ACTUALLY did, they are just looking for something to pin on the president. TDS runs deep on the left in this country, and until that changes, the Russians will be on the back burner, even with the indictments of the Russian agents by Mueller. Hell, Mueller could have listed things in his report like "During the course of the investigation, we came upon files relating to successful tests of cold fusion, three separate cures for cancer, and irrefutable proof that the US military has been housing alien spacecraft and bodies at Area 51." And no one on the left would even care because Trump and Russian collusion!

I agree with you though, the West needs to do something to counter what the Russians are trying to do (which they are succeeding at IMHO).
    So if it was established that 'Russia did fuck with our elections', how can you trust any result, leaving the left and right out for a moment. If they can corrupt a system we use (Americans) and have been doing it in other venues throughout the world, how can we trust any event that may have their fingerprints upon it?