Thread: Chris Evans says he ‘might have to cut ties’ with Tom Brady: ‘I really hope he’s not a Trump supporter’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Chris Evans says he ‘might have to cut ties’ with Tom Brady: ‘I really hope he’s not a Trump supporter’

By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

“Captain America” star Chris Evans talked politics in a recent interview and said he “really” hopes the quarterback of his favorite team, Tom Brady, is not a supporter of President Trump.

Evans, 37, conducted a tell-all interview with The Hollywood Reporter that was published Wednesday. The discussion turned to politics when the issue of the actor's vocal political views on social media came up.

"You don't want to alienate half your audience," Evans told magazine of his tweets. "But I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't speak up. Especially for fear of some monetary repercussion or career damage — that just feels really gross to me."

The HR interview was conducted just days before the Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams and won their sixth Lombardi Trophy.

When asked if he would ever consider playing the New England Patriots quarterback in a biopic, the “Avengers: Endgame” star was said to have looked “grim” at the mention of the athlete.

"I don't know," Evans told the outlet, speaking of Brady. "I really hope he's not a Trump supporter. I'm just hoping he's one of those guys that maybe supported him and now regrets it. Maybe he thought it was going to be different — and even that bothers me — but maybe there's a chance now he just thinks Trump's an absolute dumb s---, which he is. If he doesn't, if he's still on that Trump train, I might have to cut ties. It's really tough."

The actor continued to say that he hopes Brady has “woken up.”

"I think maybe a couple of years ago," Evans said. "I might have tried to pull some, like, mental gymnastics to compartmentalize, but I don't know if I can anymore. So I'm just hoping he's woken up."

Evans, a native of Sudbury, Mass., is known to be a big Patriots fan who often attends NFL games to cheer on his team.

In 2015, a red Make America Great Again hat was spotted in Brady’s locker during a televised interview.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I like his portrayal of Captain America, but I hope he dies in Endgame. I'd hate have to keep supporting this asshat's work.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    What a tool. I have friends that have different political opinions than my own... We respect each other enough to just not focus on that..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    What a tool. I have friends that have different political opinions than my own... We respect each other enough to just not focus on that..
    Yes he makes it seem like his friend's (?) political beliefs are actually a bar whereby the other person is a leper or has aids because of his party affiliations.

And when he starts talking about fearing monetary repercussions....get a grip man. You're an actor who makes millions playing dress up. Brady makes millions playing a sport. Your political beliefs don't really make a difference to most reasonable people. They just want to see you guys do your respective things. Shake my head..