I'm pretty disgusted right now...

I was just in safeway getting a sandwich from the deli (they make them fresh, really great usually). The girls working in the deli looked haggard. Messy hair, looked drunk still.

They started talking about what they did last night. There were some great ones

"Did you make it home?" "No you idiot, what am I retarded? I didn't cab back to East Van I can't afford that"
"Man I was so drunk, I puked." "...yeah ___ was a mess too." "Oh my god I haven't changed since yesterday." "I don't even remember ___"

It went on like that.... swearing and talking about how generally vile and disgusting creatures they were. Needless to say their customer service was crap. I stood and waited, they fucked up the order and barely said two words to me because they were so absorbed in talking about STD's or whatever bullshit.

It was their frequent use of the word 'retarded' that managed to offend me most. My family shops at Safeway several times a week. I'm sure we spend 5-8,000$ there a year in groceries as a family. This wasn't our usual Safeway location, but I expect some similarity in the usually great service/friendliness.

I actually complained to an assistant manager, the first time I've ever really complained about service in my entire life. It made me feel old and grumpy

But to be honest.. if they were my employees and I heard them talk like that I would fire them on the spot. And I didn't feel like my complaint was listened to at all.

I actually kind of lost my appetite for the sandwich they made me. Should I be calling in, going on their corporate website and getting a complain number/email or forget it

Pretty dirt I hafta say.