Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts

New AR build

This ones a 6.5 Grendel. I'd been looking and wanting to do one for several years and finally decided on this CBC Industries 18" upper. When I received it a couple weeks ago my first impressions were very positive. Build quality looked nice, Hera arms hand guard was slim and comfortable, and weight was light and well balanced.
    I swiped a lower from another build, took a scope from another and fired a few rounds. Adjusted windage 3 clicks and it was dead on.
    This was definitely going to require some select shopping to become my new carry hunting rifle.
    I knew I wanted a fixed stock and wanted light so the SIG Carbon Fiber seemed a shoe in along with the ERGO deluxe tactical grip. The grip has the thickness of a target grip without the weight.
    The lower was harder to locate. I've been wanting to try a billet using 6061 aluminum instead of 7075 and ran across Unique Firearms Solutions.
    The lower finally arrived today. It does have some unique styling that I like but looked like could interfere with my jig. I was right. But after a little measuring and 10 minutes of dremel work on the jig it now fits perfectly.
    This picture shows a dry fit of parts, I'll start milling it out tomorrow.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Godfather (08-02-2017), KevinD (08-01-2017), PorkChopSandwiches (08-01-2017)