First of all shut the hell up I realize grown men should know basic cooking.

I typically make instant rice. Contrary to the bad rep, it is real rice and they add nutrients back into it after they change the molecular structure.

Every time I've made real rice...either long grain white, long grain brown, parboiled or medium grain...it hasn't turned out well.

If you google how to cook rice there's 314 million results and the same amount of differing methods.

~~~~~

Without using a rice cooker, what is your way of cooking a normal batch of rice?

Internet says: 1 cup rice = 1.5 to 2 cups salted water.
Bring water to a boil then put on lid after stirring once, heat down to lowest setting, don't touch for 15 to 20 minutes.

There's all sorts of variations

The ratio of rice to water.
Do you put the rice in before you boil the water or after?
I've tried three lowest settings on my stove. I've had mushy, dry, clumpy-chewy rice. How low is low?
Do you let it simmer untouched for 15 or 20 minutes. 17.5?
Some sites say leave it in the pan for an extra 15 minutes with the lid on after simmering to absorb more water.

Parboiled rice is supposed to have more vitamins and nutrients than normal white long grain and basmati rice. Yet it keeps coming out sticky or gooey

I have a 2 kg bag of parboiled rice and don't want to make chewy orphanage rice, thanks