Thread: Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back Kotter, Dies at 66 After Battle With Breast Cancer

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

RIP Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back Kotter, Dies at 66 After Battle With Breast Cancer

By Sophie Vokes-Dudgeon - Us Weekly

Marcia Strassman, best known for roles in the '70s sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter and ‘90s movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, has died at the age of 66.

The actress passed away on Saturday, Oct 25, after a long battle against breast cancer, her sister Julie Strassman confirmed to Variety.

In Welcome Back, Kotter, Strassman played the role of title character Gabe Kotter's wife. The show, which ran for 4 years on ABC, also starred a young John Travolta.

She also played the role of the scientist mom in Honey, I Shrunk The Kids in 1989, and reprised the role in the movie's sequels, Honey, I Blew Up The Kid in 1992 and Honey, I Shrunk The Audience in 1994.

News of her passing was shared by singer Cher via Twitter.

"Wanted U2 No, a Funny, Talented Friend Died. Not 4U 2feel sorry 4me but she died alone, &Energy from U is powerful &Sends [love emoticon] Marsha Strassman," the "Believe" singer wrote.

Strassman is survived by her daughter Lizzie Collector, a costume designer, and her sister and brother Julie and Steven Strassman.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,895 Times in 11,970 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    good actress...had a funny role in MASH for a few episodes as well.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy