Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The societal impacts of COVID-19

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I liked the old diseases that you didn't have to rely on a test to know you were sick.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

KevinD (12-03-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    but these are safe, why would they need the UK gov to agree to that

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    So what if the vaccine kills more than the disease and many others will end up sterile as a side effect, we need to reduce the surplus population anyway... It's a win-win.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

FBD (12-03-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,111 Times in 59,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post

I called it:

Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, even though the preliminary reports look good, there is a part of me that worries about side effects that could show up once the vaccination goes into widespread use. I wouldn't be surprised if you are required to sign a waiver to get the vaccine holding the pharmaceutical company free from liability for any "unforeseen" side effects that may appear.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (12-03-2020), Griffin (12-03-2020), lost in melb. (12-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pr...-dies-suddenly
    Vaccine manufacturer Moderna has promoted the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, but pro-life organization Children of God for Life reported in May that there was a “20% ‘serious’ injury rate” amongst those who had received a high dosage of the vaccine in early trials. The participants in the vaccine trial at that stage were also very selectively chosen, as Moderna “allowed only exceptionally healthy volunteers to participate in the study.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    have you considered the # of positives are highly correlated with the fact that they are imploring people with no symptoms to go get tested
    Asymptomatic or not - if you have it, you have it.... i.e. if the test is positive, then you have Covid19. -

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

Is it dark where you are?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

‘I’m Not An A**hole, The Governor Is’: Celebrity Chef Blasts Newsom’s COVID-19 Regulations

By Jon Brown - The Daily Wire

A celebrity chef in California posted a video on Twitter explaining why his restaurant chain will remain open despite Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom’s lockdown mandate.

Chef Andrew Gruel, who is the founder, CEO, and executive chef of Slapfish, which is a seafood restaurant franchise based in Huntingdon Beach, California, responded to backlash he has received for criticizing the onerous lockdown edicts in California.

WATCH:

“OK, I’ve got everybody blowing up my replies right now, saying I’m a grandmother-killer and that we don’t take this pandemic seriously, so I’m just going to address it all right here so that I actually don’t have to individually go back and forth and box with every single one of these fake accounts,” Gruel began.

“So, here’s the situation,” he continued. “Do we take the pandemic seriously? Of course we do. Am I saying that we shouldn’t close outdoor dining? Yes, I am. At every single juncture along the way here, from the beginning shut-down to today, we’ve listened to all of the advice from our government officials, only to be shut down over and over and over again, and then not compensated for the elements that we put in place in our businesses in order to protect our customers.”

“We shut down indoor dining — no problem. I got a warehouse full of plexiglass right now, okay? We went outdoors, alright? Now that’s getting shut down. I just put thousands of dollars into outdoor heaters.”

“There is zero scientific evidence that proves that outdoor dining is contributing to a rise in cases related to this, alright?” Gruel went on. “I am only saying that we are going to continue dining outdoors, because I can get on an airplane, and I can fly and eat and do whatever I want — and don’t tell me it’s the HEPA filters, okay? Because that’s not the case. You don’t turn those on until you get onto the plane. Before that, everybody’s fornicating on top of each other.”

Gruel then noted how large crowds are free to meander about in big-box stores such as Walmart and Target while state and local authorities clamp down on activities such as outdoor dining.

“Therefore, screw that,” Gruel concluded. “We’re staying open outdoors. It’s that simple.”

“I’m not an a**hole, the governor is,” Gruel added.

Gruel has been vocal on Twitter about his frustration regarding the lockdown on California restaurants and the hypocrisy of California politicians such as Newsom.

Following the ban on outdoor dining in Los Angeles, Gruel tweeted, “Outdoor dining is now banned in LA – but we can fly and eat side by side in a small box with masks off. Also, this move was sponsored by DoorDash. Get ready for your local Walmart pop-up restaurant.”

“Newsom’s Twitter has been silent and void of nauseating platitudes for a day. That means he’s getting ready for a massive blow to the plebeians,” he also tweeted.

In another tweet, Gruel urged Californians to “eat as much pizza as possible before Newsom bans pizza.”

“In Gruelandia, my new autonomous zone, I’ll be giving every citizen free pizza, unlimited cannibas [sic], vitamin D, and tons of toilet paper,” Gruel jokingly tweeted Thursday. “In exchange I ask for peaceful productivity and everyone contribute 5 daily hours of skill towards our economy. I’ll post address on MySpace[.]”

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-04-2020), FBD (12-04-2020), KevinD (12-04-2020), lost in melb. (12-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Asymptomatic or not - if you have it, you have it.... i.e. if the test is positive, then you have Covid19. -

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (12-04-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If all 3 of them die, what will you think?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Democrat hypocrites are undermining COVID with ‘do as I say, not as I do’ attitude

New York Post Editorial Board

As the nation tires of quarantines, boredom and loneliness, the same politicians who find glee in slapping wrists and dooming small businesses regularly break the rules, in letter and in spirit, when they want to.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, dining maskless and indoors with lobbyists at the tony French Laundry restaurant the same week he warned against Thanksgiving gatherings. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, having her hair done and joining in a riotous Joe Biden victory celebration in violation of her own restrictions — then having the gall to call her actions “essential *activities.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, unmasked at a hair salon that wasn’t even supposed to be open, even as she decried President Trump’s reluctance to wear his mask — then claiming she’d been entrapped.

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, telling citizens not to travel for the holidays — then boarding a plane to Mississippi not an hour later.

Austin, Texas, Mayor Steve Adler recording a video telling people to stay home — filming it in a timeshare in Cabo, having flown to Mexico on a private jet.

There’s so many more: Sen. Dianne Feinstein, caught maskless at the US Capitol and the airport; Sen. Chuck Schumer and Mayor de Blasio, also celebrating Biden’s win.

And Gov. Cuomo, planning a family Thanksgiving that broke his own rules for everyone else (until he was called out for it). It runs in the family: His brother Chris lectures on safety at CNN, but has broken nearly every COVID-19 protocol on multiple occasions, even breaking quarantine after testing positive.

The hypocrisy was bad enough when the likes of de Blasio were cracking down on religious gatherings even as they gave a pass to Black Lives Matter protesters. Gathering with family on Thanksgiving risked a fine for risking public health, but not marching with hundreds of strangers to smash windows and set dumpsters on fires.

All these hypocrites are Democrats, and most of them proud progressives.

Proud posers is more like it. Video shows a Pennsylvania state representative referring to mask-wearing as “political theater” as he discussed with Gov. Tom Wolf whether to wear them for a press conference.

Hypocrisy is by no means limited to the left side of the spectrum; you can even argue that violations in secret (until they got caught) are just simple human failing. But many of these politicians flaunted their rule-breaking in public, only to cite some BS reason why it was OK.

And that sanctimoniousness, we’d argue, is a peculiarly progressive vice: These politicians are certain they not only know better than the little people, but that they have a moral right to dictate detailed choices to struggling business owners, desperate single moms and everyone else facing dire dilemmas as they balance safety and keeping life *together.

We are seeing more civil disobedience, like that bar protest in Staten Island, precisely because Democrats are not practicing what they preach.

It’s that arrogance that leads you to make a mockery of a threat that has killed more than 1.5 million, and then rub it in the faces of the most vulnerable.

Hall of Fame of Dem COVID hypocrisy

GAVIN NEWSOM
    Democratic governor of California

One of the biggest scolds of the coronavirus pandemic, Newsom attended a birthday party for a friend at Michelin-starred restaurant French Laundry.

He was only caught because someone took a picture of Newsom’s table, after which the governor said “while our family followed the restaurant’s health protocols and took safety precautions, we should have modeled better behavior and not joined the dinner.”

LONDON BREED
    Democratic mayor of San Francisco

French Laundry is apparently the Achilles Heel of Democrats. Breed also attended a birthday there on another night. Three days after eating in the Napa Valley restaurant, she banned all indoor dining in San Francisco. This week, Breed said, “The truth is we’re going to have to take more restrictive action and it pains me to say that.”

Restrictive action for those who don’t have the resources to leave the city and find places with a $450-per-person dinner menu.

DIANNE FEINSTEIN
    Democratic senator from California

“Research shows that masks reduce transmission of the coronavirus,” she said in July. “Wearing masks in public should be mandatory. Period.”

Feinstein, 87, has been spotted a number of times speaking to colleagues at the Capitol without wearing a mask.

MICHAEL HANCOCK
    Democratic mayor of Denver

“With the continued rise in cases, I’m urging you to refrain from travel this Thanksgiving holiday. For my family that means cancelling our traditional gathering of our extended family,” Hancock wrote in an e-mail to his city staff.

But they didn’t cancel. Just after the e-mail, Hancock flew to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with his daughter.

After a fierce backlash, Hancock, admitted that “ my decision was unwise and hypocritical — a mistake that I want to deeply apologize for. My job as Mayor is to not only help come up with safe practices for the entire city. It’s also to set an example, and on that measure, I failed.”

STEVE ADLER
    Democratic mayor of Austin, Texas

“We need to stay home if you can,” Adler told his constituents in November via Facebook video. “This is not the time to relax. We are going to be looking really closely. . . . We may have to close things down if we are not careful.”

Except Adler recorded this message in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where he was vacationing at the family timeshare — after having attended the wedding of his daughter at an Austin hotel with 20 guests.

Though his own health officials recommended no more than 10 people in groups at the time, Adler claimed all the guests had rapid COVID-19 tests, an excuse not granted to the people he represents.

SHEILA KUEHL
    Democratic Los Angeles County Supervisor

This week, she voted to ban outdoor dining in Los Angeles County. Hours later, she was eating outdoors at a Santa Monica restaurant.

“She did dine al fresco at Il Forno on the very last day it was permissible,” her spokesman said to local TV station Fox 11. “She loves Il Forno, has been saddened to see it, like so many restaurants, suffer from a decline in revenue. She ate there, taking appropriate precautions, and sadly will not dine there again until our Public Health Orders permit.”

“I’m like wait a minute, restaurants are so dangerous, but you’re gonna go eat in a restaurant?” Josiah Citrin, who owns restaurants in the LA area, told the station. “I mean it just blows me away.”

JIM KENNEY
    Democratic mayor of Philadelphia

What, your own policies prevent dining in the city you govern? No problem, just travel out of town to eat indoors in Chesapeake Bay, as Kenney did in August.

“Hi @phillymayor!!!” wrote Philadelphia chef Marc Vetri. “Glad you’re enjoying indoor dining with no social distancing or mask wearing in Maryland tonight while restaurants here in Philly close, suffer and fight for every nickel just to survive. I guess all your press briefings and your narrative of unsafe indoor dining don’t apply to you. Thank you for clearing it all up for us tonight.”

ANDREW CUOMO
    Democratic governor of New York

After bemoaning how families couldn’t be together for Thanksgiving, Gov. Cuomo casually mentioned that two of his daughters and his 89-year-old mother would be joining him for the holiday.

“Do as I say, not as I do,” Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) tweeted. “Family for me, but none for you.”

Cuomo is one of the only ones on this list who was found out before he was a hypocrite. He canceled the dinner — but why did it take a backlash for him to realize what was wrong?

CHRIS CUOMO
    Liberal CNN host

CNN’s top COVID lecturer was bashed by his own landlord for failing to wear a mask in common areas. Even as the anchor was bashing President Trump for not wearing one during events.

“You have been observed entering and exiting the building and riding the elevator without the required face coverings,” an August letter to Cuomo from his landlord said. “Even though staff members have asked you to comply with this requirement, you have refused to do so. This is a violation of the Executive Order, building policy, and places other residents and our staff at risk. There are no exceptions to this rule, and you are required to comply.”

LORI LIGHTFOOT
    Democratic mayor of Chicago

Yes, social distancing is important — unless it’s a street party for Joe Biden’s victory. That’s essential.

“There are times when we actually do need to have a relief and come together,” Lightfoot told MSNBC when called out on her hypocrisy. “And I felt like that was one of those times. That crowd was gathered whether I was there or not. But this has been a super hard year on everyone.”

NANCY PELOSI
    Democratic speaker of the House

Queen of the hypocrites. While San Francisco shut down businesses in draconian fashion, she was caught, maskless, getting her hair styled. At the time, salons were only allowed to offer outdoor services.

Pelosi’s ’do was done by an independent stylist without knowledge of salon owner Erica Kious, who described it as “a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work.”

Pelosi’s response? “It was clearly a setup,” she whined. “This salon owes me an apology.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (12-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 5,215 Posts
    Victorians will be allowed to have up to 30 visitors in their homes each day after the timeline for easing restrictions was sped up in light of the state’s “internationally unique” situation.

On the 37th consecutive day without a coronavirus case in Victoria, Premier Daniel Andrews announced a range of measures for a “COVID-safe summer”.

From Monday the limit for outdoor public gatherings will be raised to 100 people from any number of households.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (12-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If all 3 of them die, what will you think?

Great encouragement but will have no effect on the morons who will not believe..... America's population will continue to decrease (5,000 dead in two days) - unless as some here believe, they are not dead but gone into hiding to bolster conspiracy claims.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Victorians will be allowed to have up to 30 visitors in their homes each day after the timeline for easing restrictions was sped up in light of the state’s “internationally unique” situation.

On the 37th consecutive day without a coronavirus case in Victoria, Premier Daniel Andrews announced a range of measures for a “COVID-safe summer”.

From Monday the limit for outdoor public gatherings will be raised to 100 people from any number of households.

We've managed well over 6 months with no CV19 transmission...... Victoria's premier's action in shutting things down worked wonders.,

There are many other countries that should take note of Australia's record and ability to handle this pandemic.

There is very little chlorine needed in our gene pool.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (12-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    There is one unavoidable fact here..... America has for many years liked to pride itself on being a world leader in so many things so it's no wonder it now leads the world in Covid cases and Covid deaths..... How's that pride now I wonder.