Thread: My Camaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 1,889 Posts
    So, a few miles later, (2,000 or so ) and I can confirm the BFG tires are awesome in the rain, but, on this car, not good for much else. They absolutely suxk when trying to power out of a corner. Haven't put them on a track, because the way they feel, it would be worthless, and I'd likely wreck. Roll bar is out for now, until I figure out if I'm going to track it only (conflicts with airbags) . I did just order the Z28 cold air intake, which should be good for 10 or so rwhp above 3000 rpm. Also, warranty compliant. I have header money ready to spend, just am waiting to decide which I want. Long term plan is still low to mid rpm torque, withe heads and cam. My delima is most of the off the shelf stuff is designed for peak HP. While that is all fine and great, it's not what I'm looking for. I've been talking with Cam Motion and Mast Motorsports, and I think we are close to getting what I want. It will involve a custom cam, and as per Kip with CM, a solid roller. I'm down with that, as the last solid lifer cam I had was in my 68 camaro, 468 BBC, and yes, it required more maintenance, but damn did it kick ass.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    So, a few miles later, (2,000 or so ) and I can confirm the BFG tires are awesome in the rain, but, on this car, not good for much else. They absolutely suxk when trying to power out of a corner. Haven't put them on a track, because the way they feel, it would be worthless, and I'd likely wreck. Roll bar is out for now, until I figure out if I'm going to track it only (conflicts with airbags) . I did just order the Z28 cold air intake, which should be good for 10 or so rwhp above 3000 rpm. Also, warranty compliant. I have header money ready to spend, just am waiting to decide which I want. Long term plan is still low to mid rpm torque, withe heads and cam. My delima is most of the off the shelf stuff is designed for peak HP. While that is all fine and great, it's not what I'm looking for. I've been talking with Cam Motion and Mast Motorsports, and I think we are close to getting what I want. It will involve a custom cam, and as per Kip with CM, a solid roller. I'm down with that, as the last solid lifer cam I had was in my 68 camaro, 468 BBC, and yes, it required more maintenance, but damn did it kick ass.
    studies have shown, kev that you're pro gun control and a hillary clinton supporter if you don't fit this cam into your engine... and no, I didn't just make that up... its legit