Page 242 of 303 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4542

Thread: What's the last thing you bought?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Cool. I tried several epiphone lp before I bought my ltd ec401. Some of the epis were quite nice, but for one reason or other, I didnt bond with any of them. I gave my ltd to my brother in law when I bought my gibson les paul tribute. Had I known you were looking for a les paul style, I'd have shipped it to you. If I had kept the ltd, I'd have had to have different frets installed. Let us know how you get on with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Cool. I tried several epiphone lp before I bought my ltd ec401. Some of the epis were quite nice, but for one reason or other, I didnt bond with any of them. I gave my ltd to my brother in law when I bought my gibson les paul tribute. Had I known you were looking for a les paul style, I'd have shipped it to you. If I had kept the ltd, I'd have had to have different frets installed. Let us know how you get on with it.
    I'm kinda weird in that if I can lap the guitar, then I'll adapt to it and get on perfectly fine with it. That rules out odd shapes, like offset or Flying Vs and BC Rich Warlocks, or Ovations on the acoustic side. I just can't get comfortable with those. I do love the look of offset Vs, so it kinda sucks.

If I don't like the sound of a guitar, then it becomes an upgrade project until I'm satisfied with the end result. I'm buying this one used, for about $250 less than it costs new, and it's in mint condition, so I won't feel bad at all if I start gutting it.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    green lettuce, romaine lettuce, celery

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    green lettuce, romaine lettuce, celery

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I have my yearly physical this Monday

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She's going to finger-bang me and turn me into a Punch n Judy show

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    She's going to finger-bang me and turn me into a Punch n Judy show
    Is she hot?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I always assume the fetal position and moan a little during the prostate exam.

Puts us on a more even level when she's flustered

Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Is she hot?

(my doc is a 6 foot attractive brown woman, Muslim, full headgear and dress)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Alright so lesson learned: Do not order shit that isn't shipped by Amazon.

I ordered this jacket back in early June that looked nice and had decent reviews. It said free shipping but I neglected to notice that it wasn't shipped by Amazon. Didn't fit and quality was shit so naturally I asked to refund it.... then the games started. The seller sent me a few emails in a row offering stupid shit like a 25% discount to keep it 'and give it to someone in need' at first, then 40%, and then after I wasn't responding to that shit they finally said "ok we'll accept it back, you pay for shipping." Whatever, $40 jacket, $12 shipping, that's lame but worth it.

So I ship it back... and I wait, and I wait... and I get a return label in the post. I run down to the post office: The item is returned 'unclaimed.' Canada Post wants another $12 to give it back to me as they've now shipped it back. So I said nope, you keep it. I'm now contacting amazon directly to let them know this company is awfully suspicious with their refunds and isn't accepting return shipping. I'm not sure if amazon will be able to help but worth asking (I think they have that a-z guarantee but I've never had to use it before). Hopefully they'll boot this seller from their platform.

Fuck you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Alright so lesson learned: Do not order shit that isn't shipped by Amazon.

I ordered this jacket back in early June that looked nice and had decent reviews. It said free shipping but I neglected to notice that it wasn't shipped by Amazon. Didn't fit and quality was shit so naturally I asked to refund it.... then the games started. The seller sent me a few emails in a row offering stupid shit like a 25% discount to keep it 'and give it to someone in need' at first, then 40%, and then after I wasn't responding to that shit they finally said "ok we'll accept it back, you pay for shipping." Whatever, $40 jacket, $12 shipping, that's lame but worth it.

So I ship it back... and I wait, and I wait... and I get a return label in the post. I run down to the post office: The item is returned 'unclaimed.' Canada Post wants another $12 to give it back to me as they've now shipped it back. So I said nope, you keep it. I'm now contacting amazon directly to let them know this company is awfully suspicious with their refunds and isn't accepting return shipping. I'm not sure if amazon will be able to help but worth asking (I think they have that a-z guarantee but I've never had to use it before). Hopefully they'll boot this seller from their platform.

Fuck you.
    Yeah, it happens but it's rare. There are gonna be shady people no matter where you buy them from. It's becoming really rare on Amazon to actually find a re-seller that doesn't use Amazon for the shipping, but there's still a few. We had a similar situation when the kid wanted a backpack last year before school started. The one she wanted was ONLY available through a third party seller on Amazon and they did their own shipping. It went back and forth between me and the seller for weeks before I finally had to get Amazon involved and they made good on it by canceling the order and getting my money back.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A new cookware set to replace the anceint one we've had forever. It pre-dates me and the wife completely And it's one of those ones with the cheap-ass coating that flakes off. The last straw was the kid dropped one of the glass lids and broke it, and that lid was for 2 or the items in the set.

So this time we splurged and got a highly rated set and a pricey set too, but it should last.

Had a coupon for 20% off, so that knocked $120 off that price, so we figured it was a good deal and now was the time to do it. Actually looking forward to getting them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-12-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Love you... hate non-stick.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    A new cookware set to replace the anceint one we've had forever. It pre-dates me and the wife completely And it's one of those ones with the cheap-ass coating that flakes off. The last straw was the kid dropped one of the glass lids and broke it, and that lid was for 2 or the items in the set.

So this time we splurged and got a highly rated set and a pricey set too, but it should last.

Had a coupon for 20% off, so that knocked $120 off that price, so we figured it was a good deal and now was the time to do it. Actually looking forward to getting them.
    600 for cookware (in the states too...) is a lot of money for a 13 piece set.

I remember when someone came to our place and gave a cookware demo. The cooked an entire meal for us Non stick and 'waterless' cookware was the attraction. My parents were impressed and bought into it, and I believe we still had some of the pieces right up until my Dad passed, which was probably about 45 years. They were black.

You still had to use some water I recall but the pans did last a long, long time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    600 for cookware (in the states too...) is a lot of money for a 13 piece set.

I remember when someone came to our place and gave a cookware demo. The cooked an entire meal for us Non stick and 'waterless' cookware was the attraction. My parents were impressed and bought into it, and I believe we still had some of the pieces right up until my Dad passed, which was probably about 45 years. They were black.

You still had to use some water I recall but the pans did last a long, long time.
    When we were looking, there's cookware sets that cost well over $1,000 for the same amount or less pieces.

We decided to pass on the $41 set we found at Walmart.com