Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    One huge regret I've always had was not visiting the World Trade center

I read a story in the late 70's in Reader's Digest about the French dude who tightrope walked in between the towers. I always wanted to go to the top and see what he was looking at...

RIP for those folks..

Assistant Shelter Dweller Korpiklaani's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    One huge regret I've always had was not visiting the World Trade center

I read a story in the late 70's in Reader's Digest about the French dude who tightrope walked in between the towers. I always wanted to go to the top and see what he was looking at...

RIP for those folks..
    Twas certainly a horrible day. 3 of my friends lost people they knew in the towers. I was only 13 when it happened. I went to school only 13 blocks away from the towers, I heard the "boom" and felt the rumbles of the explosion. Originally I thought it was a bad accident on the street, but the rumbles were to harsh to be an accident. My school went on complete lock down for 5 days. I remember my mother picking me up at 11am and when I went outside, I started to cough VERY badly because of all the smoke. I saw people running, people with blood all over them, debris flying everywhere, and a very chilling silence. It was the first time I ever saw the financial district (lower Manhattan) COMPLETELY empty and quiet. All you heard was the sound of coughing and crying. I remember being afraid of a low flying plane for YEARS, any loud noise scared the SHIT out of me to the point of me crying. I remember this like it was yesterday.

These are the WTC Memorial Lights. They are only put on on 9/11, every year since it happened. They are bright enough and tall enough so that anywhere in NYC, Hudson County NJ, and Westchester you can see them.