Just how do you identify Lance?

make it good, I'll wait

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    I bet he's doing the tuck and putting on his best sports bra.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I bet he's doing the tuck and putting on his best sports bra.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Silent Bob and Jay still have the best version of that

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The 'OH!' makes me laugh every time

KINDA NSFW AT THE END:

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    RBP??

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Obvious 'Captain Marvel' TANKS On Rotten Tomatoes Hours After Premiere

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

"Captain Marvel" was hit with tens of thousands of audience reviews just hours after the film opened in theaters on Friday, scoring a dismal audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 33%.

"As of 8 a.m., the film had a 33 percent audience score from more than 58,000 reviews," reported The Hollywood Reporter. The outlet credited the low audience rating to "trolls" sandbagging the film, noting that the number of reviews in a matter of mere hours from “Captain Marvel’s” opening is "more than the total of audience score reviews for Avengers: Infinity War for its entire theatrical run."

On mid-day Friday, the audience score peaked to 35%; the critics' score, however, held at a solid 81%.

"Very little to get excited about here as the villain is the best character in the movie. Brie Larson is awfully miscast in the lead role. Thumb up for Mendelsohn and Jackson. As a lead-in to End Game it's both inadequate and unnecessary," reads one review from the site.

Another reviewer wrote, "Wasn't expecting much going in and that's what I got, not much. Brie Larson was a poor choice for the lead. She's just not believable. I was bored all too often watching it."

"A boring and bland story focused on a character with neither personality nor a single weakness," says another post critical of the film.

Rotten Tomatoes recently amended their system to bar the general public from leaving reviews before the film is released. This was apparently an effort to cut back on "trolls" leaving negative reviews.

"We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date," said Rotten Tomatoes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature, for now, is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have."

While feminists in media invested in the female-driven film's success have claimed that the bad reviews for the film have come at the hands of women-hating male film critics, "Captain Marvel" has taken some heat from female movie critics, too.

For example, as noted by The Daily Wire's James Barrett, a female film critic from Reeling Reviews, Laura Clifford, gave the flick a C- and criticized feminist actress Brie Larson's performance.

"...I found the whole film to be a muddle of special effects, disjointed writing and lack of humor. The humor, especially, is built in to the other Marvel films and I wonder why there is nearly none in 'Captain Marvel.' The answer, I think is in the film's star, Brie Larson, as hot-shot fighter pilot and kick ass warrior Carol Danvers. She is OK in the action sequences, which are many, but is too serious an actor for the character. That is a real problem for a hero in a franchise that is known for its mirth. ... It is telling that there are eight credited writers, making this a kitchen sink of clichés," said Clifford.

Moreover, World's Megan Basham blasted “Captain Marvel” for its "girl-power pandering" and What She Said's Ann Brody described the movie as "dark and empty."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-09-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "The answer, I think is in the film's star, Brie Larson, as hot-shot fighter pilot and kick ass warrior Carol Danvers. She is OK in the action sequences, which are many, but is too serious an actor for the character."

She's gone from the TV show Community to the ultra serious movie Room to Kong:Skull Island. I don't think being 'too serious an actor' is the main problem here. Larson shows great range in her roles. From what I understand it's not written well and the lead role could be considered bland with a few different actresses trying it.

I'm one of the few who didn't hate Assfleck as the Batman character and think Cavill makes a great Superman, but the movie that featured them both was dark, mean, boring and without spoiling...the main plot line came off as absurd. Batman and Superman were that mad at each other because they didn't take five minutes to talk and clear things up? The idea itself could have been interesting (fighting), yet the way it was written made it seem far fetched and confusing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    It always starts with the writers. Then, the directors. Actors can only do so much with what they're given to work with. However, Larson didn't help any with her bullshit SJW tour before the film's release. And online feminist/SJW voices aren't helping any either. People go into the theater with a bad taste in their mouth before they even get to sit down and watch the damn thing.

I'm gonna go see it in a couple of days just because I'm a Marvel junkie and it leads into Endgame. I'll try to give my best unbiased assessment afterwards.

I still say the whole SJW thing was because the powers that be at Marvel think they made a shitty flick. No one puts that much money into production just for a small subset of a population. They're making these movies to make money, not to make a political statement and watch the final product tank.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I haven't watched the new Spiderman cartoon despite rave reviews. One - cartoon, two - he turned black?

It's the actual change that bothers me rather than seeing a black or female actor in the role if that makes sense. It's jarring and takes me out of the moment. Are we supposed to just forget about a 50 year back history because the new-world figures ____ should not be a white male now?
    You should watch it, I was in the same camp as you before it, but my kids wanted to see it. It might be my favorite movie of 2018 that we went to.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Into the Spiderverse was cool.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    From Forbes:

The Brie Larson/Samuel L. Jackson/Reggie the Cat sci-fi adventure opened with $153m in North America this weekend, which is the second-biggest solo superhero non-sequel launch behind Black Panther ($202m in 2018). It’s the third-biggest March opening of all time, sans inflation, behind Batman v Superman ($166m in 2016) and Beauty and the Beast ($174m in 2017)...

second-biggest solo superhero non-sequel launch
    Now I just wanna make sure everyone got that:

second-biggest...solo...superhero...non-sequel... launch
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 03-11-2019 at 02:41 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'm gonna go see it in a couple of days just because I'm a Marvel junkie and it leads into Endgame. I'll try to give my best unbiased assessment afterwards.
    vulva lover!