Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Feinstein releases cryptic statement about Brett Kavanaugh nomination amid intrigue over secret letter

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,098 Times in 59,908 Posts

‘Kill Kavanaugh' post puts Minnesota teacher on leave, district investigating

KMSP FOX 9

ROSEMOUNT, Minn. (KMSP) - A Minnesota teacher has been placed on leave as the school district investigates complaints over a Twitter post that allegedly references killing U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“So whose gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh,” reads the tweets, posted on the evening of Saturday, Oct. 6 from a now-suspended account.

Monday morning, Superintendent Mark Zuzek of Intermediate School District 917 in Rosemount, Minnesota posted this statement on the school district’s website: “Over the weekend, the district has received a complaint regarding an employee. The employee has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation. Pursuant with the data practices act, we are limited to providing additional information regarding this matter.”

Kavanaugh was confirmed by the Senate on Saturday by a 50-48 vote. He was quickly sworn-in “so that he can begin to participate in the work of the Court immediately,” according to the statement from the Supreme Court.

Fox 9 sat down with Debbie Lang, a criminal defense attorney to discuss what the teacher may expect in the coming days.

"Each individual employer can establish their own policies. Beyond that, in terms of the school district, they're going to be looking at her contract parameters they've set forth to see if she breached her contract with them," she said.

Additionally, Lang said law enforcement may investigate.

“They’re going to have to look at other things she has said, other conduct - has she mailed letters, made statements to others, purchased a gun, etc.?”

The Kavanaugh vote was the most narrow Senate confirmation since 1881. The Supreme Court just began a new session Oct. 1 and has four hearings this week.

Kavanaugh’s confirmation followed weeks of debate and testimony over allegations from at least three women who say Kavanaugh sexually assaulted them in high school and college. The findings of an FBI investigation into the allegations were given to senators before the final vote, yet the findings reportedly show no evidence corroborating allegations of sexual misconduct. Kavanaugh and his primary accuser, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, were not interviewed by the FBI.

The teacher has deleted her social media accounts, but social media users have fully outed her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Google exec slams GOP over Kavanaugh nomination: ‘F--k. You. All. To. Hell'

By James Rogers | Fox News

A design lead at Google has slammed Republicans in an angry Twitter rant over the nomination of now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“You are finished, @GOP. You polished the final nail for your own coffins. F--K. YOU. ALL. TO. HELL,” wrote Dave Hogue Saturday, in the now-deleted tweet.

“I hope the last images burned into your slimy, evil, treasonous retinas are millions of women laughing and clapping and celebrating as your souls descend into the flames,” he added.

Hogue’s LinkedIn entry describes him as Google’s UX design lead. He has been at the search giant since December 2013, according to the entry.

On Sunday, Hogue confirmed that he had deleted the tweet. “Yes, I deleted that tweet. Yes, those opinions are mine personally, and I am responsible for them. Yes, I should have been more eloquent and less condemning. Yes, I still believe the @GOP is wrong and not serving your best interests. Yes, I still believe we can do much better.”

"What employees say in their personal capacity has no bearing on the way we build or operate our products," a Google spokeswoman told Fox News, via email.

Kavanaugh was sworn in Saturday night as the 114th justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, after a fierce confirmation battle that included allegations of sexual misconduct, which he denied.

Google is coming under close scrutiny at the moment amid allegations of anti-conservative bias at the company, which it denies.

The firm’s CEO Sundar Pichai met privately with GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill last month to discuss the allegations and concerns about privacy issues and the firm’s re-entry into China.

A source familiar with Google’s closed-door portion of the meeting told Fox News that the meeting “was positive” and the "tone was tough but fair and respectful." Members “weren’t shy” about sharing their major concerns with Pichai, according to the source, and are looking to interview him in the future.

The meeting came after Google was given "the empty chair treatment" at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing. Neither Pichai nor Larry Page, chairman of parent company Alphabet, chose to attend the event on election interference, much to the annoyance of lawmakers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Keep pushing.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    These were the same people telling conservatives/republicans to sit down and shut up because elections have consequences. And the conservatives/republicans never even came close to doing stuff like this. Openly calling for violence and murder.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The more I see this crap, the more I think that I really need to buy that AR-10. Call me paranoid, but you can't ignore this nastiness and it's beyond out of hand.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 10-09-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Awesome Kavanaugh's First Action As Supreme Court Justice Makes History, And Dems Won't Like It

By James Barrett - The Daily Wire

Brett Kavanaugh made history on Sunday with his first actions as a newly sworn-in Supreme Court justice: He appointed an all-female law clerk staff.

After a vicious, hyperpartisan "circus" of a confirmation process, the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh Saturday in a bipartisan vote of 50-48, which included West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin and key swing-vote Republicans Susan Collins and Jeff Flake (Lisa Murkowski voted "present").

On Sunday, Kavanaugh began the process of getting familiar with the arguments the court will be hearing this month, and, as The New York Times reports, he did so by meeting with his historic group of clerks.

"Justice Kavanaugh met with his four law clerks, all women — a first for the Supreme Court — in chambers that had until recently been occupied by Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who has moved to Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s old chambers," the Times reports.

The Times notes that Kavanaugh stated in his testimony in September that he would continue to take steps to address the underrepresentation of women among law clerks, as he has done for over a decade.

"A majority of my 48 law clerks over the last 12 years have been women," Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee in his testimony. "In my time on the bench, no federal judge — not a single one in the country — has sent more women law clerks to clerk on the Supreme Court than I have."

As a newly-confirmed justice, Kavanaugh is continuing his pro-women law clerk policy.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-09-2018), RBP (10-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Are they hot?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Shannon Grammel

Sara Nommensen

Megan Lacy

Those are the only 3 I could find, the fourth one is Kim Jackson, 2017 Yale Law School Grad

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Hell yes they are..!

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Indeed they are.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    KMSP FOX 9

ROSEMOUNT, Minn. (KMSP) - A Minnesota teacher has been placed on leave as the school district investigates complaints over a Twitter post that allegedly references killing U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
    How is this alleged?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    How is this alleged?
    I think it means alleged teacher, based on her poor grammar.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-09-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (10-09-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (10-09-2018), RBP (10-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    "Dr"..