Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246
Results 3,676 to 3,686 of 3686

Thread: NHL and other ice hockey discussion

  1. #3676
    mr. michelle jenneke deebakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50,434
    vCash
    13000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17,596 Times in 10,397 Posts
    it's a convenient thing his helmet fell off so a good picture could be taken...


  2. #3677
    Lying dog-faced pony soldier Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    236,252
    vCash
    9411
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks
    19,629
    Thanked 93,696 Times in 50,660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    it's a convenient thing his helmet fell off so a good picture could be taken...

    Pretty much nobody wore helmets before the early 80's

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    FBD (05-10-2021)

  4. #3678
    6 minutes to wapner FBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    the failed nation-state once known as the USA
    Posts
    21,929
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    14,364
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 3,302 Posts
    might wanna take a look at the goalie, dee doesnt look like he had one on either

  5. #3679
    mr. michelle jenneke deebakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50,434
    vCash
    13000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17,596 Times in 10,397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Pretty much nobody wore helmets before the early 80's
    don't let facts get in the way now lance

  6. #3680
    mr. michelle jenneke deebakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50,434
    vCash
    13000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17,596 Times in 10,397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    might wanna take a look at the goalie, dee doesnt look like he had one on either
    also strangely convenient

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

    FBD (05-10-2021)

  8. #3681
    6 minutes to wapner FBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    the failed nation-state once known as the USA
    Posts
    21,929
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    14,364
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 3,302 Posts

  9. #3682
    Basement Dweller Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    15,090
    vCash
    11220
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    2,979
    Thanked 5,140 Times in 3,089 Posts
    Some pretty serious allegations of sexual assault came out against Canucks' forward Jake Virtanen last week. He's been put on leave, and I think his career is probably over.

    Innocent until proven guilty of course, but the rumors of him being a shady, seedy, difficult player have floated around town since he was drafted 5-6 years ago. I have friends in the restaurant industry who have said the rumors of him being a creep are well known.

    That aside... we signed him this summer instead of re-signing Tyler Taffoli. Taffoli makes $1.5m more, but has scored 28 goals and 44 points in 52 games, while Virtanen has just 5 points this year.

    Just the icing on the cake of a horrible year, and horrible management decisions. This team desperately needs new ownership... I can't even watch anymore.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

    FBD (05-11-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (05-11-2021)

  11. #3683
    Lying dog-faced pony soldier Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    236,252
    vCash
    9411
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks
    19,629
    Thanked 93,696 Times in 50,660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Some pretty serious allegations of sexual assault came out against Canucks' forward Jake Virtanen last week. He's been put on leave, and I think his career is probably over.

    Innocent until proven guilty of course, but the rumors of him being a shady, seedy, difficult player have floated around town since he was drafted 5-6 years ago. I have friends in the restaurant industry who have said the rumors of him being a creep are well known.

    That aside... we signed him this summer instead of re-signing Tyler Taffoli. Taffoli makes $1.5m more, but has scored 28 goals and 44 points in 52 games, while Virtanen has just 5 points this year.

    Just the icing on the cake of a horrible year, and horrible management decisions. This team desperately needs new ownership... I can't even watch anymore.
    Hindsight is always 20/20 but it doesn't help with the present. Even if they can't prove and convict him of the sexual assault, having that hanging over his head forever is going to just make him persona non grata in the NHL, so you're right, his career is most likely over.

    What happened with the ownership? The 'Nucks used to be always one of the best teams in the league and always seemed like a well run organization.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    FBD (05-11-2021)

  13. #3684
    Lying dog-faced pony soldier Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    236,252
    vCash
    9411
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks
    19,629
    Thanked 93,696 Times in 50,660 Posts

    Hall scored twice for the B's last night, including the one to win it in OT.

    A tale of two players...Hall's stats with the Sabres versus with the Bruins.




    And the Bruins will face the Caps in the first round of the playoffs. That's a tough matchup in the first round.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

    FBD (05-11-2021)

  15. #3685
    Basement Dweller Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    15,090
    vCash
    11220
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    2,979
    Thanked 5,140 Times in 3,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20 but it doesn't help with the present. Even if they can't prove and convict him of the sexual assault, having that hanging over his head forever is going to just make him persona non grata in the NHL, so you're right, his career is most likely over.

    What happened with the ownership? The 'Nucks used to be always one of the best teams in the league and always seemed like a well run organization.
    It's mostly rumors but the current Aquilini group that owns the team has only owned a majority share since 2006. By then they had a decent foundation for our best years as an organization from 2008-2011 without having to do much.

    Since then it's just gone downhill, we've just missed the playoffs this year for the 5th time in 6 years which has never happened before. Our salary cap is a disaster and the rumors around town are very strong that ownership is highly involved in day-to-day decision making.

    As an example, a couple years back we hired our most beloved former captain of all time Trevor Linden, as president of hockey operations which fans loved... He only stuck around for a few years before leaving due to 'differences' with ownership. Not a good situation.

  16. #3686
    6 minutes to wapner FBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    the failed nation-state once known as the USA
    Posts
    21,929
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    14,364
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 3,302 Posts
    it sucks when the owners are micromanaging douchebags

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •