PDA

View Full Version : What's the last movie you've seen?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30

Godfather
11-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Went to see Free Solo, the film about Alex Honnold's free solo (no ropes or harnesses) climb of El Capitan in Yosemite. Absolutely insane. I highly, highly recommend it.

DemonGeminiX
11-21-2018, 01:25 AM
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

If you like the Harry Potter movies, then you'll like the prequels. A bit slow in the beginning, but it picked up as it went on.

RBP
12-26-2018, 05:09 AM
Traditional movie day with the wife. God, I love that woman.

1. Tully. Love it.
https://i.imgur.com/CekUZ3Y.png

2. Dead Pool 2. Love it.
https://i.imgur.com/rJCO9J2.jpg

3. A Quiet Place. More dystopian sci-Fi then horror. Really enjoyed it.
https://i.imgur.com/ctAbiPm.png

lost in melb.
12-26-2018, 08:48 AM
went to boston and back quick:

i, tonya :tup:
ready player one :tup:
infinity war :tup:
won't you be my neighbor? :tup:

went to the netherlands, so i watched:

the commuter (pretty alright, basically taken on a train)
red sparrow (decent enough)
oceans 8 (6/10)
tag (7/10)

then i rewatched deadpool 2 and super troopers 2 :tup:

You don't do so badly in the travel stakes ;)

lost in melb.
12-26-2018, 08:51 AM
On the plane back from US I watched Mission Impossible & Crazy Rich Asians. Both good aside from last 10 mins of CRA

Teh One Who Knocks
12-26-2018, 11:23 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/vMuFug.jpg

Really liked it :thumbsup:

deebakes
12-26-2018, 10:58 PM
You don't do so badly in the travel stakes ;)

Bwahaha, was just going to post what I watched when I went to Scotland a few weeks ago :rofl:

Crazy Rich Asians - pretty decent, wouldn't watch again though
Mission Impossible - enjoyable
Hotel Artemis - terrible dog shit
Predator - very boring to me
Perfect Bid - very entertaining

Then in the theater I saw the Spiderman Spiderverse movie with my kids, we all liked it a lot :tup:

Hal-9000
12-27-2018, 03:04 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/vMuFug.jpg

Really liked it :thumbsup:

I thought you wouldn't care for this one.

Lemme summarize my displeasure...

Aunt May should never be hot,
I realize in the extended whatever-verse there's a suit with functions,
but in my world it should never be about the suit,
I like Tom Holland yet felt Michael Keaton was a blah villain and underused.

Hal-9000
12-27-2018, 04:07 AM
Bwahaha, was just going to post what I watched when I went to Scotland a few weeks ago :rofl:

Then in the theater I saw the Spiderman Spiderverse movie with my kids, we all liked it a lot :tup:

I don't mind the Mission Impossible movies. When you find out that Cruise does most of his own stunts it makes the movies pretty impressive.

I've seen a whack of movies that I don't remember...

I didn't hate the Han Solo movie
Liked Thor Ragnarock
Skyscraper with the Rock was so so
The Meg was The Meg :lol:

Muddy
12-31-2018, 03:59 AM
Bird box! Enjoyed it.. its in the style of M Knight Shammalammadingong..

deebakes
12-31-2018, 04:27 AM
i watched that also, i thought it was pretty good.

did you see the analysis of the 'hidden meaning' behind it? spoilers below:

https://www.theroot.com/netflixs-bird-box-is-really-about-how-white-people-dont-1831345159

If you haven’t seen or read the viral social media discussions of the Netflix thriller Bird Box, you’re missing one of the greatest race allegory movies that has ever been released in the last part of December 2018. It’s about how white people suddenly realize racism is spreading across the world and they can only escape its wrath if they refuse to acknowledge it because...

Wait. You think it’s a monster movie? Don’t be silly.

One of my favorite pastimes is dissecting the themes of movies and TV shows and then theorizing what the movie or show is really about. For instance, John Boyega plays Nat Turner in the Star Wars reboot, The Force Awakens. He’s a slave (Stormtrooper) who leads a rebellion that eventually destroys the plantation (The Death Star) and defeats the slavemaster (Kylo Ren).

I must admit that horror isn’t my favorite genre, but I try to inject some suspense into viewing scary movies by pulling for the villain. I find it admirable how Freddy Krueger overcame obvious skin problems and dedicated himself to protecting Elm Street from gentrification. I believe Chucky is just a misunderstood little doll who can be a little boisterous at times.

So when I started watching Bird Box, I was pulling for the invisible monster because I immediately recognized that the movie was a parable about white America’s willingness to ignore white supremacy. I even tweeted an entire thread about it, here.

So, if you have seen the movie, or even if you haven’t, please allow me to break down the subtext of the movie Bird Box.

The movie stars Sandra Bullock who plays a character called “White Privilege.” Miss Privilege is very sad because she has lived a very hard life. She grew up on a beautiful horse farm with her sister in California, which is just like living in the projects except that she hated her father. She really doesn’t say why she hates her father, but white people always hate one of their parents for some bullshit reason like missing their third-grade Christmas play or making them clean their room.

For some reason, the only thing Caucasians hate more than cleaning their rooms is gluten. I still don’t know what gluten is, but I think someone should make a horror movie starring Kate Winslet about a girl who awakens to find gluten sprinkled all over her room, leading to a moral crisis. That shit would win an Oscar because Winslet is great at looking wistful while contemplating a moral dilemma.

Anyway, Ms. Privilege is pregnant. Somehow she makes it through most of her pregnancy while doing the backbreaking work of creating oil paintings while her sister rides prized horses all day.

One day, White Privilege’s sister tells her about this never-before-seen problem called “racism.” They watch a little bit of news about this racism thing, but they don’t worry about it because no one where they live is racist.

Then, during a trip into town to visit the doctor, they discover racism is everywhere and its spreading quickly. Things have gotten so bad that when people discover racism, they immediately become depressed. Privilege’s sister immediately kills herself, leaving our heroine surrounded by this invisible monster.

Luckily, because of her privilege, she finds a house where people are hiding from racism. It is filled with white people and a couple of black men who are some of the “good ones.”

Soon, the white people realize they can become immune to racism by ignoring it. They figure out that if you just don’t look at racism, it won’t make you feel bad. So they quickly decide they would never acknowledge the existence of racism, which would prevent them from being attacked.

In the movie, Lil’ Rel plays a character who has studied racism for years. He tries to explain to everyone that racism has existed since the beginning of time, but no one will listen to him because he’s not educated, he’s just some dude who works at a grocery store.

The only thing the uneducated black guy is good for is helping them get some food from his grocery store. He helps them get through the bad neighborhood that is torn apart by racism. When they get to the store, they discover that there are some crazy people who have looked directly into the eyes of racism. Lil’ Rel eventually dies saving them from a guy who was trying to tell them about racism, but that guy spent time in the criminal justice system, so he was obviously crazy.

But instead of listening to the self-taught black man or the crazy people, Miss White Privilege discovers that a little birdie will tell her when racism is near. So she finds some birds that were going to be sold as chattel and keeps them caged up for the purposes of keeping racism away. Of course, the birds want to be free, but they must remain in a box because... after all, how else would the white people survive?

In the movie, Trevante Rhodes plays a Tom (Bruh, that’s literally his name). Tom is very handsome and very resourceful. Even in the apocalypse, Tom finds a way to keep his edge-up fresh as he tries to saves all the white people from racism. Ultimately, even though one of their best friends is black, Tom can’t prevent the white people from seeing racism. Soon racism takes over everything, creating a white supremacist world.

Donald Trump made a cameo appearance as “Gary.” Gary Trump’s shenanigans killed most of the cast (even the old white people) because after they let him in, he gained their trust and then forced them to look racism squarely in the eyes.

Luckily, Tom saves the children and then, and only then, Tom fucks Sandra Privilege, because she’s the last woman on earth. Because of their uncle Tom, the white children learn that they can ignore racism, too. They learn how to listen to everything else in the world except the whispers about white supremacy.

Uncle Tom dies keeping the children safe from people trying to tell them about white supremacy, and the entire White Privilege family decides that the only thing that will protect them from white supremacy is a safe space. So they take a journey to find this oasis where white supremacy doesn’t exist.

The journey consists of a lot of falling down. There has to be a scene with a white woman falling down to get horror movie certification. White people in horror movies have weak ankles and terrible balance. But even when they fall, the racism monster that traveled across the world somehow can’t catch them.

Then, there comes a point when Miss Privilege has to decide which kid is going to look at racism. It’s repeated throughout the movie. But when the time comes, Sandra tells the kids: “Fuck that, it’s too dangerous. Matter fact, ain’t no one looking!”

And somehow they find this beautiful oasis where racism doesn’t exist. There’s only one problem:

Racism still exists.

No one kills racism. They don’t even escape racism. The only reason that this compound is protected from the supremacy of whiteness is that the people who live there literally can’t see race! The ones who can see race must still ignore racism because racism still rears its ugly head.

The only thing that protects the sighted people from the racism monster is that they have a bunch of birds. And the birds aren’t even free. They just think they are free because the white people gave them a bigger bird box. The birds are still slaves, they just don’t know it!

But everyone lives happily ever after in a post-racial society where the problem of white supremacy is solved simply by walking around with blinders on.

See? I told you.

Muddy
12-31-2018, 12:52 PM

https://www.theroot.com/netflixs-bird-box-is-really-about-how-white-people-dont-1831345159

If you haven’t seen or read the viral social media discussions of the Netflix thriller Bird Box, you’re missing one of the greatest race allegory movies that has ever been released in the last part of December 2018. It’s about how white people suddenly realize racism is spreading across the world and they can only escape its wrath if they refuse to acknowledge it because...

One of my favorite pastimes is dissecting the themes of movies and TV shows and then theorizing what the movie or show is really about. For instance, John Boyega plays Nat Turner in the Star Wars reboot, The Force Awakens. He’s a slave (Stormtrooper) who leads a rebellion that eventually destroys the plantation (The Death Star) and defeats the slavemaster (Kylo Ren).

I must admit that horror isn’t my favorite genre, but I try to inject some suspense into viewing scary movies by pulling for the villain. I find it admirable how Freddy Krueger overcame obvious skin problems and dedicated himself to protecting Elm Street from gentrification. I believe Chucky is just a misunderstood little doll who can be a little boisterous at times.

So when I started watching Bird Box, I was pulling for the invisible monster because I immediately recognized that the movie was a parable about white America’s willingness to ignore white supremacy. I even tweeted an entire thread about it, here.

So, if you have seen the movie, or even if you haven’t, please allow me to break down the subtext of the movie Bird Box.

The movie stars Sandra Bullock who plays a character called “White Privilege.” Miss Privilege is very sad because she has lived a very hard life. She grew up on a beautiful horse farm with her sister in California, which is just like living in the projects except that she hated her father. She really doesn’t say why she hates her father, but white people always hate one of their parents for some bullshit reason like missing their third-grade Christmas play or making them clean their room.

For some reason, the only thing Caucasians hate more than cleaning their rooms is gluten. I still don’t know what gluten is, but I think someone should make a horror movie starring Kate Winslet about a girl who awakens to find gluten sprinkled all over her room, leading to a moral crisis. That shit would win an Oscar because Winslet is great at looking wistful while contemplating a moral dilemma.

Anyway, Ms. Privilege is pregnant. Somehow she makes it through most of her pregnancy while doing the backbreaking work of creating oil paintings while her sister rides prized horses all day.

One day, White Privilege’s sister tells her about this never-before-seen problem called “racism.” They watch a little bit of news about this racism thing, but they don’t worry about it because no one where they live is racist.

Then, during a trip into town to visit the doctor, they discover racism is everywhere and its spreading quickly. Things have gotten so bad that when people discover racism, they immediately become depressed. Privilege’s sister immediately kills herself, leaving our heroine surrounded by this invisible monster.

Luckily, because of her privilege, she finds a house where people are hiding from racism. It is filled with white people and a couple of black men who are some of the “good ones.”

Soon, the white people realize they can become immune to racism by ignoring it. They figure out that if you just don’t look at racism, it won’t make you feel bad. So they quickly decide they would never acknowledge the existence of racism, which would prevent them from being attacked.

In the movie, Lil’ Rel plays a character who has studied racism for years. He tries to explain to everyone that racism has existed since the beginning of time, but no one will listen to him because he’s not educated, he’s just some dude who works at a grocery store.

The only thing the uneducated black guy is good for is helping them get some food from his grocery store. He helps them get through the bad neighborhood that is torn apart by racism. When they get to the store, they discover that there are some crazy people who have looked directly into the eyes of racism. Lil’ Rel eventually dies saving them from a guy who was trying to tell them about racism, but that guy spent time in the criminal justice system, so he was obviously crazy.

But instead of listening to the self-taught black man or the crazy people, Miss White Privilege discovers that a little birdie will tell her when racism is near. So she finds some birds that were going to be sold as chattel and keeps them caged up for the purposes of keeping racism away. Of course, the birds want to be free, but they must remain in a box because... after all, how else would the white people survive?

In the movie, Trevante Rhodes plays a Tom (Bruh, that’s literally his name). Tom is very handsome and very resourceful. Even in the apocalypse, Tom finds a way to keep his edge-up fresh as he tries to saves all the white people from racism. Ultimately, even though one of their best friends is black, Tom can’t prevent the white people from seeing racism. Soon racism takes over everything, creating a white supremacist world.

Donald Trump made a cameo appearance as “Gary.” Gary Trump’s shenanigans killed most of the cast (even the old white people) because after they let him in, he gained their trust and then forced them to look racism squarely in the eyes.

Luckily, Tom saves the children and then, and only then, Tom fucks Sandra Privilege, because she’s the last woman on earth. Because of their uncle Tom, the white children learn that they can ignore racism, too. They learn how to listen to everything else in the world except the whispers about white supremacy.

Uncle Tom dies keeping the children safe from people trying to tell them about white supremacy, and the entire White Privilege family decides that the only thing that will protect them from white supremacy is a safe space. So they take a journey to find this oasis where white supremacy doesn’t exist.

The journey consists of a lot of falling down. There has to be a scene with a white woman falling down to get horror movie certification. White people in horror movies have weak ankles and terrible balance. But even when they fall, the racism monster that traveled across the world somehow can’t catch them.

Then, there comes a point when Miss Privilege has to decide which kid is going to look at racism. It’s repeated throughout the movie. But when the time comes, Sandra tells the kids: “Fuck that, it’s too dangerous. Matter fact, ain’t no one looking!”

And somehow they find this beautiful oasis where racism doesn’t exist. There’s only one problem:

Racism still exists.

No one kills racism. They don’t even escape racism. The only reason that this compound is protected from the supremacy of whiteness is that the people who live there literally can’t see race! The ones who can see race must still ignore racism because racism still rears its ugly head.

The only thing that protects the sighted people from the racism monster is that they have a bunch of birds. And the birds aren’t even free. They just think they are free because the white people gave them a bigger bird box. The birds are still slaves, they just don’t know it!

But everyone lives happily ever after in a post-racial society where the problem of white supremacy is solved simply by walking around with blinders on.

See? I told you.

I think that person has lost their mind.. :lol:

lost in melb.
12-31-2018, 01:20 PM

On ya laddy! :willie:

looks like I'm going to have to add Spider-Man to my watch list.

Need kid to legitimize :excellent:

Hal-9000
01-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Jumanji:Welcome to the Jungle

I'd say this was a movie with potential that didn't pan out. The premise of young kids becoming older game avatars was cool, but it never seemed to take off. Jack Black's character came close.

The original movie made it feel more like a game move had bizarre real life consequences. This version had bad guys on motorbikes and not much else for antagonists.

Pretty one note and waste of talent ultimately, can't recommend.

Hal-9000
01-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Bird box! Enjoyed it.. its in the style of M Knight Shammalammadingong..

Just watched the trailer. That looks pretty good.

RBP
01-01-2019, 07:26 PM

Racism still exists.

See? I told you.

White dude says it is about social media. :hand:

Spoilers.
https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/bird-box-is-the-first-great-monster-movie-about-this-po-1831318490

RBP
01-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Bird Box last night. Thought it was good. My niece and hubby hated it.

Muddy
01-01-2019, 08:00 PM

Spoilers.
https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/bird-box-is-the-first-great-monster-movie-about-this-po-1831318490

I disagree with that guy to

RBP
01-01-2019, 08:20 PM
I disagree with that guy to

People exploiting something that went massively viral to promote their own bullshit.

:shocker:

DemonGeminiX
01-02-2019, 02:47 AM
Bird Box last night. Thought it was good. My niece and hubby hated it.

Your niece and HUBBY? Your hubby or the niece's hubby?

It's based on a book.

RBP
01-02-2019, 04:17 AM
Your niece and HUBBY? Your hubby or the niece's hubby?

It's based on a book.

Stop assuming gender, you Nazi. :x

.. and her hubby*

RBP
01-02-2019, 04:20 AM
The Innocent Man (2018) - Netflix, S1, E1-6

https://www.netflix.com/title/80187030

Far more frightening than Bird Box.

deebakes
01-02-2019, 04:24 AM

Spoilers.

:rofl: wow

DemonGeminiX
01-04-2019, 11:18 PM
7 Psychopaths

DemonGeminiX
01-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Logan Lucky

lost in melb.
01-07-2019, 01:41 PM
First Man. An actual good movie, was worried they didn't exist anymore.

Hal-9000
01-07-2019, 06:00 PM
First Man. An actual good movie, was worried they didn't exist anymore.

I saw that. Appreciated the flight scene realism but not much more from the movie unfortunately. The Gemini 8 story is amazing.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Atlas Shrugged: Part I

PorkChopSandwiches
01-08-2019, 08:43 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNWVlMjQ3MjItOWE3YS00YTYwLWE0ZDMtZWMyZWY1NzkxNW IwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL _.jpg

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Any good?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Its decent, if you are looking for a typical action movie.

Hal-9000
01-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Bad Times at the El Royale

https://i.imgur.com/IIC5fiI.jpg

Good movie with a Tarantino flair. Worth checking out for sure.

Pony
01-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Those are actually the last two movies I watched as well. Peppermint could have been better if they would have had a chronological timeline. The jumping back and forth works with some flix but I fell with this one it just kept disrupting the pace of the movie. Also, what did she do for 5 years?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-14-2019, 04:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxcDbai7aU

this was pretty fucked up

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 11:05 PM
The Bird Box

https://i.imgur.com/IUtL0BH.jpg

An interesting and unique adventure story. I enjoyed it :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-16-2019, 11:33 PM
Bad Times at the El Royale

https://i.imgur.com/IIC5fiI.jpg

Good movie with a Tarantino flair. Worth checking out for sure.

I enjoyed it

PorkChopSandwiches
01-16-2019, 11:34 PM
Atlas Shrugged 2,3 not really a good series. Of course the story is good

PorkChopSandwiches
01-16-2019, 11:35 PM
Assasins Bodyguard. It's got Sam Jackson and Ryan Renolds basically playing Deadpool without the costume lol

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 11:38 PM
Assasins Bodyguard. It's got Sam Jackson and Ryan Renolds basically playing Deadpool without the costume lol

Could it be called The Hitman's Bodyguard up here in Canada? :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Probably here too :lol:

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 11:45 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but fcckn how Asian are you man? :lol:

Hal-9000
01-16-2019, 11:52 PM
*referring to the bad translation, not his physical appearance and/or heritage*

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2019, 03:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2941494816/38eecb2fbeca80e7492f507797d72640_400x400.jpeg

Hal-9000
01-20-2019, 06:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SFe0P1k.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2019, 04:46 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNmU4NTc0ZTgtNjliOC00NTM2LWE3NDktNGJiNzc2YzY3Zj A2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 5,1000_AL_.jpg
It was meh

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2019, 04:48 PM
https://www.thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/the-titan-th-e1522265448182.jpg

Started out pretty strong, took a shit in the end IMO

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2019, 05:03 PM
https://www.thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/the-titan-th-e1522265448182.jpg

Started out pretty strong, took a shit in the end IMO

Was it gay porn?

Pony
01-21-2019, 05:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hljLICH.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Was it gay porn?

Hence the shit comment

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2019, 06:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hljLICH.jpg

Is this part of the girl with dragon tattoo series?

Pony
01-21-2019, 06:52 PM
Is this part of the girl with dragon tattoo series?

Yes, but they re-cast the actors. It was a decent movie though. Not as good as the first IMO.

Hal-9000
01-26-2019, 07:27 PM
A Quiet Place

https://i.imgur.com/YhDCTNG.jpg

Not much dialog in this one :-k

Interesting, unique idea. Well acted and sets a brisk pace throughout clocking in at only 89 minutes.

I didn't like two important things that happened in the movie and unfortunately that diluted the experience for me.

Good, but not great. I liked Bird Box better.

Hal-9000
02-03-2019, 09:25 PM
They Shall Not Grow Old

https://i.imgur.com/fKIgAVS.jpg

Director Peter Jackson restored 100 hours of WWI archival footage and overlaid actual recorded commentary from the men who fought there.

Brutal, engaging, educational and haunting. The British soldiers heard in this movie were absolute masters of understatement and decorum.

KevinD
02-03-2019, 10:25 PM
They Shall Not Grow Old

https://i.imgur.com/fKIgAVS.jpg

Director Peter Jackson restored 100 hours of WWI archival footage and overlaid actual recorded commentary from the men who fought there.

Brutal, engaging, educational and haunting. The British soldiers heard in this movie were absolute masters of understatement and decorum.

That looks interesting. Might have to dl it

Hal-9000
02-04-2019, 04:17 AM
That looks interesting. Might have to dl it

It's still in theaters and I was lucky enough to stream it. Jackson colorized most of it and fixed the speed. He hired a lip reader and they inserted comments where possible so it's a little surreal at times. The movie is narrated using cleaned up historical recordings from the veterans who fought there 1914-1918.

Hal-9000
02-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Hereditary

https://i.imgur.com/eYlK54Y.jpg

More uncomfortable than scary. The lead is excellent and after the happy, uplifting first 45 minutes :lol: I was hoping for more spooky things.

deebakes
02-10-2019, 08:12 PM
LEGO movie 2 - pretty entertaining, not as good as #1 though

KevinD
02-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Deadpool 2

Hal-9000
02-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Abducted in Plain Sight

https://i.imgur.com/WCdYXkt.png

Documentary telling the story of a kidnapping in the 70's. Well done and the hype is correct. Every 12 minutes or so you'll find yourself saying - Wtf, how can that happen?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2019, 05:47 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMWY1Mzg4OTItN2I0Yi00OTlhLWI4NmUtOTU3OThiNmUxNG NlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNDQ2MTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,70 2,1000_AL_.jpg

Hilarious

Pony
02-22-2019, 12:23 AM
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Godfather
02-23-2019, 08:12 PM
Wife made me watch A Star is Born with her. Thought it was pretty good, never saw the prior versions so I have nothing to compare it to... but I think I have a crush on Gaga now. She's pretty hot in it, and the music is decent.

Hal-9000
02-23-2019, 08:19 PM
Wife made me watch...

What the hell does that patois word mean again? :-k

:lol:

I've always thought Gaga was a great singer. Just like Ariana Grande though I don't like most of the top 30 hits they create.

lost in melb.
02-24-2019, 02:45 PM
This could be interesting. Apparently there's some kind of twist in the plot :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rsXR4cjrw

So...who wants to give it a test-drive and report back?

https://i.imgur.com/O7JI3r5.gif

Hal-9000
02-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Rush : Time Stand Still

https://i.imgur.com/1K4u34J.jpg

Documentary highlighting Rush's last tour in 2015. I'm not the biggest Rush fan but as a Canadian the music was always heard on our radios and in the background at parties.

It's amazing to think they've been doing this for over 40 years. This tour featured their old stage sets going backwards in time from their most recent tour, to when they played on high school stages.

What I found puzzling about the R40 tour (40 years of Rush), was that they opened it in Tulsa, Oklahoma and their final show was in Los Angeles. They only played four Canadian dates, my city being one of them. The Canadian shows were in the middle of the tour. I guess the almighty dollar still matters to these guys, despite being more Canadian than a bacon flavored Tim Hortons coffee.

The 40 years of practice and tours is evident, as they are still tight when they play their brand of complex rock songs. Not many full songs here for fans. This is more of an overview showing snippets of old shows contrasted with the same songs being played on the 2015 tour. Red Barchetta and Closer to the Heart still give me a chill when I hear them.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2019, 04:51 PM
https://saviorgamingblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/download-22.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
02-28-2019, 05:52 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Spider-Man_Into_the_Spider-Verse_%282018_poster%29.png

AMAZING!

deebakes
03-01-2019, 01:45 AM
I really was pleasantly surprised by that one :tup:

RBP
03-04-2019, 05:37 AM
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Wife enjoyed it more than I. Not worth best picture, but didn't suck.
The Tale Very very good, but graphic and disturbing.
Bohemian Rhapsody Very well done, enjoyed this biopic.

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Leaving Neverland

https://i.imgur.com/VqeSxAe.jpg

A little long at four hours, it features interviews with two guys and their families who claim Michael Jackson groomed and molested them. Compelling documentary where it's important to note HBO didn't pay them to do the movie. One of the featured boys is Wade Robson, who danced with Jackson at age seven and went on to become a successful tour choreographer who was hired by Britney Spears and N-Sync when he was 19.

I've been convinced Michael was a pedophile since the 1993 trial. Jordan Chandler was made to describe the marks from Vitiligo on Jackson's penis and that information was put into a sealed envelope until the police could examine Jackson's genitals. Chandler's descriptions were intimate and exact. Also, it wasn't widely released but all through the trial Jackson's defense team was offering Chandler's family varying amounts of money, starting at one million and eventually settling on 25 million.

Unique movie because the initial hour is all praise and obvious love for Jackson, until the eye opening phrase - "Paris is where Michael taught me to masturbate." The boy was nine at the time.

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 06:43 PM
A few things I thought interesting while watching Leaving Neverland. Both families were described as middle class income and both had rather large homes with swimming pools. One in Australia and one in Simi Valley, California. Neither was in financial trouble. During the 1993 and 2003 trials, interviewee Wade Robson initially testified Jackson was innocent. This documentary gives the viewer fascinating insight as to why. He didn't consider it abuse for a long time, as he felt it was a loving part of his private relationship with Jackson. Robson had sexual interactions with Jackson from age 7 to 14. The most critical time for that sort of development.

Once you see the method Jackson used to groom his 'Little Ones' and watch actual footage that reveals his habit of changing out his favorite sidekicks when they reach a certain age, it's really sickening to see him interacting with any child. For each year or so, Michael traveled exclusively with one child at his side and then that child vanishes. Both people in this doc and their families confirmed contact with him goes from multiple phone calls daily one year, to talking with him four to six times at most the following year. Each time a trial came up, Jackson would start the multiple daily communications again. He took one family to Hawaii on a trip, every expense paid and rented an amusement park for them one night. And that's one of the minor expenditures. These kids worshiped him and had no chance. His style of grooming included worldwide trips and gradual separation from the parents as he built trust with them.

Four complaints and four identical versions of what Michael liked sexually. Mirror images describing the progression of abuse and the actual statements Jackson used to convince the children to be quiet. He would come into the family homes and ingratiate himself to everyone, and then slowly tell the kids over time that their Moms/parents can't be trusted and if anyone were to find out their private relationship, 'both of us would go to jail for life.' There was a claim made by Jackson's maid that was disputed because it came on the heels of multiple claims over a 10 year span. She witnessed a few encounters and one of them was Jackson showering with Wade Robson. Robson confirms that and more during this movie.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-05-2019, 07:47 PM
https://www.punkrocktheory.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_style_huge_horizontal_rectangle/public/heat.jpg?itok=46qowq-N&c=0522b36add164f72da8f7ef35f6917ab

Way to long

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 08:12 PM
https://www.punkrocktheory.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_style_huge_horizontal_rectangle/public/heat.jpg?itok=46qowq-N&c=0522b36add164f72da8f7ef35f6917ab

Way to long

Yeah I heard about the big scene between Deniro and Pacino and then wanted to kick the writer in the nuts. Not a bad flick but not great either considering the talent involved.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing it when it came out and the casting was amazing, I forgot how shitty it was until I sat through the entire thing again. I would have enjoyed it at and hour in a half probably

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing it when it came out and the casting was amazing, I forgot how shitty it was until I sat through the entire thing again. I would have enjoyed it at and hour in a half probably

Dude I just watched four hours of interviews and historical footage about Michael interfering with kids.

It told a great story but ffs how many showers does a person need in one day? :lol:

*could have trimmed it by an hour

PorkChopSandwiches
03-05-2019, 08:25 PM
:tup:

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Lots of cool drone shots of your town and Neverland ranch. He had pads all over LA, one of them openly called The Hideout.

Simi Valley looked really nice until I remembered that during the OJ trial most of the cops lived in that neighborhood.

Oh and Johnnie Cochran represented Michael in 93...how could I forget? :lol: Between OJ and Michael the ol Cockster was busy!

PorkChopSandwiches
03-05-2019, 08:32 PM
:lol: Yep

Hal-9000
03-05-2019, 08:40 PM
:lol: Yep

I'll stop talking about it in a second.

Whether you believe the charges or not they had one hilarious sequence. One year the family is flown to Neverland, given all sorts of gifts, limo and plane rides everywhere. They were taken to toy and record stores and told to fill up carts, everything was paid for and handled. Then the little person falls out of favor after being promised a new home in LA and they set up the Mom and the kid in some ghetto apartment in Oakland and were provided a rental car so Mom had to drive everywhere herself. She was from Australia and completely new to California :lol:

ffs I wouldn't drive in your city and I've lived in North America forever.

Hal-9000
03-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Star Wars : The Last Jedi

https://i.imgur.com/Trs8eTn.jpg

I managed to remain spoiler free and finally watched this last night.

Lots to say about it. Overall it had echoes of what made the original Star Wars good, yet like most old school fans I found it too flippant at times and not that engaging.

Adam Driver is a poor choice of actor given what and who his character represents in the series. He reminds me of Hayden Christensen with his pouty, emo, chinless performance.

Daisy Ridley shines at times but her telling Jedi Master Luke how the universe works was a little much considering she knew jack shit about Jedis before meeting him.

I'll give it 3 out of 5 and that's for the effects. Too much cutesy (looking right at you Porgs) and not enough bad in the bad guys. General Hux was laughable.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 10:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WIPbbz6.jpg

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was at times a little heavy handed about the whole "we've been oppressed forever" theme sometimes. At least the token white guy that had the biggest role in the film was a good guy I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/RDyixjd.jpg

:shock:

lost in melb.
03-20-2019, 10:32 AM
:shock:

Did you watch it - or are you just getting over the shock of the poster? :)

I thought Black Panther was absolutely ok - but nothing to rave about. What took me a while was getting used to them sounding like Jamaicans.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Did you watch it - or are you just getting over the shock of the poster? :)

I thought Black Panther was absolutely ok - but nothing to rave about. What took me a while was getting used to them sounding like Jamaicans.

:-s

What's the last movie you've seen?

:slap:

lost in melb.
03-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Indie Sci-fi movie. Pretty good :thumbsup:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNzc5MjkzZWEtMjBmZS00NDJlLWI3N2UtNzgwYmI4ZGM5OD M5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTMwNjQ3Nzg@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,6 30,1200_AL_.jpg

If you liked the Vampire flick, "Let the Right One In" , you'll like this. Same idea.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/99/4f/14994f6bc48b4acdf28cfc88b50345ac.jpg

B-grade R-rated sci-fi flick about a dude travelling to alpha Centauri with a female android his sole companion - who is played by pornstar Stoya. Needless to say, android spends more time with clothes off than on :wank:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZmZkOTliYTItMmNiMy00ZDU0LWIxMGQtZTIwMjNjYWI0Nj NhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTg4MDYyNw@@._V1_UY1200_CR64,800 ,1200_AL_.jpg

lost in melb.
03-20-2019, 10:50 AM
:-s

:slap:

:dunno:

I'm just not used to you being so started :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Polar

I wonder if they knew it was gonna be a piece of shit when they were making it? It's too bad, really. It had potential. I know it was a comic book, but if they made the villains less cartoonish then maybe it could have been really good.

Pony
03-23-2019, 06:03 PM
A Quiet Place.

FF through most of the middle of this one. I don't know what they left on the cutting room floor in post editing, but they could have cut another hour out of it and not changed the plot one bit.

Hal-9000
03-23-2019, 07:21 PM
A Quiet Place.

FF through most of the middle of this one. I don't know what they left on the cutting room floor in post editing, but they could have cut another hour out of it and not changed the plot one bit.

One thing ruined it for me...

How about the fact they live in a world where one sound could get anyone killed. And what do they do? Have a baby! :thumbsup:

I realize there's no way to get an abortion but a LITTLE PREVENTION could go a long way there. I thought the protagonists were so smart with all of the safety measures they created.

Until the baby..

Pony
03-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Yea, the baby! When I first saw the gas and the box I thought they planned to kill it. Another thing that really annoyed me was the wife tugging on the bag caught on the nail. Cmon, take two seconds and unhook it FFS. Then she steps on it and sits there with the thing in her foot for minutes. Yea, that's realistic. And why did dad drop the axe before he yelled?? At least take a swing on your way out.

Hal-9000
03-23-2019, 08:01 PM
Yea, the baby! When I first saw the gas and the box I thought they planned to kill it. Another thing that really annoyed me was the wife tugging on the bag caught on the nail. Cmon, take two seconds and unhook it FFS. Then she steps on it and sits there with the thing in her foot for minutes. Yea, that's realistic. And why did dad drop the axe before he yelled?? At least take a swing on your way out.

I liked the movie overall, other than points brought up here :lol:

And probably the parts you FF'ed through are what I thought brilliant. The sound design or lack of it really created tension. Kinda strange how we see this movie about sound come right around the same time Bird Box comes out and that's about sight.

What's the next movie - If you smell them you're dead! :shock:

Hal-9000
03-23-2019, 08:20 PM

Wait, one more :lol:

I'm no carpenter but where in the hell did that large nail pointing UP on the stairs come from? They had lived in that place for months, if not years and an upwarding pointing nail just appears?

And while I'm on the subject...who in the hell would leave it there after stepping on the &&^%! thing :lol:

Pony
03-23-2019, 09:06 PM
I'm typically not much for slow moving suspense movies unless they are really well written to keep me interested. I just think they could have done more to keep me involved.

Yea, Why leave it there for the kids to step on? They kept showing it after she stepped on it, I was sure that it was gonna come into play again at some point. Why did they leave all the doors wide open all the time? Slap some oil on them hinges and lock up!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 10:37 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Y94kYJrh.jpg

Liked it, I like it when there's a lot of humor in the Marvel films. Now down to just needing to see Captain Marvel before Avengers: End Game comes out at the end of April.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Now down to just needing to see Captain Marvel before Avengers: End Game comes out at the end of April.

I've put it off too. I might be going this week.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 11:08 AM
I've put it off too. I might be going this week.

We'll probably go this weekend. If you go in the morning before noon here, the tix are only $5.47 each. Much better than the $9 something for the afternoon and the $12 evening/night ticket prices.

Goofy
03-25-2019, 11:23 AM
I watched John Wick 2 over the weekend, quality action flick :ok:

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 11:26 AM
We'll probably go this weekend. If you go in the morning before noon here, the tix are only $5.47 each. Much better than the $9 something for the afternoon and the $12 evening/night ticket prices.

I don't have morning shows here. If I go before 6pm during the regular week (before Thursday, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun is the weekend according to the theater), the weekday matinée is like $4 or $5. That usually means a 4 or 4:30 show. During the summer, they'll have shows starting at noon, but no other time during the year. Life in a small town.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 11:27 AM

I think a trailer for John Wick 3 has been released. Let me go see if I can find it.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 11:33 AM
I found it. 8-[

Godfather
03-27-2019, 07:18 AM
Re-posting from the chat thread:

If anyone watched and enjoyed Free Solo, this other doc on Netflix called The Dawn Wall featuring one of Alex's climbing partners Tommy Caldwell is excellent too. Not to spoil things but he has an incredible story, captured by terrorists while climbing in one of the 'stan countries and escaped (bravely) when he was 22, chopped off his index finger in a bandsaw accident which couldn't be reattached, and is still considered one of the greatest big wall climbers ever. Very good documentary that tells the story of his free climb (not without rope but without assisted rope climbing) of one of the most difficult routes on El Cap in Yosemite.

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Halloween (2018)

https://i.imgur.com/UM3lekT.jpg

Premise is none of the other sequels happened and this is 40 years after the events of the original movie.

I liked how they handled Laurie Strode's character and who she became. Some of the scenes were one for one copies from the first movie, yet the first movie did it so much better.

No reason to see this unless you want to see a where are they now update. Well done but ultimately a homage using some of the same music cues and camera shots.

Judy Greer (Cheryl Tunt from Archer fame) is a surprisingly good actress :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 10:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/myW64MUh.jpg

Well, bit the bullet and went and saw it. It helped that tickets early on a Sunday are only $5.67 each :lol: But anyways, to the movie. I have to say it wasn't as bad as I was bracing myself for. It wasn't great either though. It was probably somewhere right about average and when thinking about it, I would have to say it's the 'weakest' of all the Marvel movies in the Marvel's Avenger series cinematic universe (IMHO). I was braced for heavy handed SJW/Feminist propaganda throughout the film and really it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it's there, and a lot of it, but most of it is more towards the subtle side, but they definitely emphasize "women good/men bad or at the very least men aren't as good as women at most things and there are digs at men all throughout the film. I'm also thinking, just from the limited knowledge I have of Captain Marvel from the comics, that they completely changed her backstory for the movies? Let's just say that I was confused at the whole start of the movie. Also, this movie made her appear to be the MOST powerful of any of the Avengers. You'll see when you watch the movie, there's basically nothing she can't do. And along with the whole 'women are better' theme, there appeared, by the end, very little that she can't/couldn't do, all on her own. It did have some good things though too. It was funny in spots like most Marvel films and it also serves (kind of) as a bit of an origin story for Nick Fury as well (we learn what happened to his eye :lol: ). And Samuel L Jackson gets as close to saying his trademark phrase of 'motherfucker' as I think will ever happen in a Marvel film. :lol:

Feminist BS notwithstanding, I would say it's a 2-1/2 outta 5 stars kind of film.

Mild spoiler:
We find out where the name 'Avengers' comes from too :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-01-2019, 10:56 PM
https://img05.mgo-images.com/image/thumbnail?id=MMV2868DA524E3CCB4BD63BA195834572065&ql=70&sizes=310x465

Not bad, saw it on the plane

PorkChopSandwiches
04-01-2019, 10:57 PM
https://wwny.images.worldnow.com/images/17707694_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale&width=800&lastEditedDate=20181007160925

I LOVED it!

fricnjay
04-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Love that series, cant wait for the last one! :tup:

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 12:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/myW64MUh.jpg

Well, bit the bullet and went and saw it. It helped that tickets early on a Sunday are only $5.67 each :lol: But anyways, to the movie. I have to say it wasn't as bad as I was bracing myself for. It wasn't great either though. It was probably somewhere right about average and when thinking about it, I would have to say it's the 'weakest' of all the Marvel movies in the Marvel's Avenger series cinematic universe (IMHO). I was braced for heavy handed SJW/Feminist propaganda throughout the film and really it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it's there, and a lot of it, but most of it is more towards the subtle side, but they definitely emphasize "women good/men bad or at the very least men aren't as good as women at most things and there are digs at men all throughout the film. I'm also thinking, just from the limited knowledge I have of Captain Marvel from the comics, that they completely changed her backstory for the movies? Let's just say that I was confused at the whole start of the movie. Also, this movie made her appear to be the MOST powerful of any of the Avengers. You'll see when you watch the movie, there's basically nothing she can't do. And along with the whole 'women are better' theme, there appeared, by the end, very little that she can't/couldn't do, all on her own. It did have some good things though too. It was funny in spots like most Marvel films and it also serves (kind of) as a bit of an origin story for Nick Fury as well (we learn what happened to his eye :lol: ). And Samuel L Jackson gets as close to saying his trademark phrase of 'motherfucker' as I think will ever happen in a Marvel film. :lol:

Feminist BS notwithstanding, I would say it's a 2-1/2 outta 5 stars kind of film.

Mild spoiler:
We find out where the name 'Avengers' comes from too :rolleyes:

Ok, just got back from this. I'm still turning it over in my head, but my initial reaction is that it was an enjoyable movie up until she unlocked her super powers and started to beat everybody's ass without much problem. I posted a diatribe about the hero's journey before in one of the celeb threads that was dedicated to the media hubbub surrounding this movie and I definitely think it applies to an extent.

I didn't mind so much the all-girl nod to the music of the 90s (except for the one Nirvana song) given that I have pretty much all of those cds anyway. I will just say that if you look deeper, there are far better songs by virtually all of the bands whose music was featured. I got a bit nostalgic when hearing the music though, and seeing the Blockbuster. Damn I miss the 90s. Greatest time of my life.

I'm not gonna say this is the weakest MCU film right now. I'm still thinking it over, but it's on the lower end. I definitely don't think it deserves the accolades that it's getting. Doesn't deserve its ratings.

It's definitely a girl power film. Again, if they follow the paradigms of the mythical hero's journey, they might come up with something a little more satisfying. The overt feminism of the film doesn't bother me so much, as does the ridiculously overpowered nature of the character in her final form. With the way she's portrayed in the film, she's more powerful than Thor. Thor and the Hulk are considered a few of the most powerful heros in the Marvel Universe outside of cosmic beings, and with the crap she was pulling in this film, she's pretty much the MCU's version of Superman x50. We'll have to see what happens in Endgame, because the powers-that-be have stated in interviews that she can't beat Thanos by herself. Maybe the Kree just aren't that powerful? Floating around in space at the end without her helmet... not kosher with that bullshit. It's Princess Leia pulling a Mary Poppins in space all over again. Ronan saying that they'll come back for her as she's a weapon makes me believe that there are limits to her powers and future installments and appearances should showcase those limitations. As it stands, we have two Thors right now. We're gonna have to send two Thors away on side missions during movies so that the rest of the Avengers can fight somewhat evenly against the threats they're gonna face, before the uber powerful Avengers come back in to save the day at the last minute. BUT given that future installments after Thanos have some ridiculously powerful cosmic beings lined up (I read somewhere that we may see Galactus in the future), she probably will have her hands full.

I did like the plot point that the Kree were the bad guys, because they were bad guys in GOTG as well as Agents of SHIELD. I like consistency.

Goose the alien cat was hilarious. Nick Fury gushing over Goose was hilarious. Goose causing Fury's eye injury... not so much. That's not how Fury lost his eye in the comics, but if that's how they're playing it in the MCU, then it makes me think that they're not gonna go ahead with a Fury origin movie, which is something I really wanted to see. So while those parts made me laugh, I'm also a little disappointed.

Fury coming up with the name for the Avengers Initiative... whatever. They've been rewriting junk in every movie so the movies are definitely separate from the comic book details.

Carol Danvers' back story in the film is somewhat similar to what's in the comics. Mar Vell is a male, and Carol got her powers when her DNA fused with his in an explosion. That's not what happened here in the film, obviously.

Let me think about it some more.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Dude, after watching that movie, she's more powerful than Thor. Thor needs his hammer, she needs....nothing. Like you said, she's Superman x50 at the very least.

No helmet in space, she flew through that Kree battle cruise ship (whatever it was) like it was paper and made it explode. She's, according to the movie, by far the most powerful of anyone in the MCU.

As far as the feminist stuff, like I said, it was more subtle and while the movie doesn't deserve the accolades it's getting from one side, it definitely doesn't deserve the complete bashing it's getting from the other. But it did get old after awhile, yeah, we get it, she's a girl, she can do it. We know. And even going so far as attributing her with the whole origin of the Avengers name. I mean come on.

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Dude, after watching that movie, she's more powerful than Thor. Thor needs his hammer, she needs....nothing. Like you said, she's Superman x50 at the very least.

No helmet in space, she flew through that Kree battle cruise ship (whatever it was) like it was paper and made it explode. She's, according to the movie, by far the most powerful of anyone in the MCU.

As far as the feminist stuff, like I said, it was more subtle and while the movie doesn't deserve the accolades it's getting from one side, it definitely doesn't deserve the complete bashing it's getting from the other. But it did get old after awhile, yeah, we get it, she's a girl, she can do it. We know. And even going so far as attributing her with the whole origin of the Avengers name. I mean come on.

It's funny, because when they initially stated that they were going to make this film, "I was like, 'Really?'" In comic book circles, Carol Danvers is absolutely hated by virtually everybody because she's uber powerful and because she doesn't have the complex back story development that other comic book heroes have. Virtually all Marvel comic book characters not only gained their (limited) powers, but also a reason to use them to help others. Carol Danvers? Nope, she's just kicking ass for the sake of kicking ass and that makes her comic books boring and arrogant. That's why I mentioned the Kree as bad guys thing. In the movie, she gains a purpose to use her (godlike) powers to help somebody (the Skrulls), and that's pretty cool. However, her godlike powers do wear thin, but that would be the same as any guy hero. Hell, even Superman has a weakness that can be exploited. And that's why they keep writing Thor and the Hulk out of Avenger's action sequences. They know if those 2 are always around, there will never be a real challenge. So they get side gigs. Could you imagine Civil War with Thor and Hulk? That's why they were left out. There wouldn't be a Sokovia Accords or any force capable of taking Cap, Bucky, and Sam. The Hulk would shit all over them.

I don't think she's more powerful than Thor. If they write her like that, then they're shooting themselves in the foot. Keep in mind, Thor survived in space after Thanos slaughtered his people and blew his ship up, but I was ok with that because he's Asguardian and they're practically godlike. She's definitely not more powerful than Thanos, and Thor could have killed Thanos. The powers-that-be have stated that she can't take down Thanos on her own. I'm taking their word for it.

If we go back to what Vision said in Civil War during the Sokovia Accords debate: Strength invites challenge. If the MCU sticks to that idea, then her sequels should pit her up against real challenges. We should start seeing some crazy powerful cosmic beings show up across the board. They teased Adam Warlock during the end credits of Guardians 2. He's crazy powerful. Way more powerful than Carol Danvers. There were rumors of the Beyonder showing up in the films at some point, and he's more powerful than everyone except for The One Above All, God of the Marvel universe. The Beyonder is even more powerful than the Living Tribunal (crazy powerful), who's rumored to show up really soon. The Eternals is actually on the docket; it's getting made. Crazy powerful beings. The MCU's going cosmic on a large scale. Personally, I think it's a mistake, but what can you do? I don't run the studios, so I don't make the decisions. Expect the MCU to fall in quality and subsequently public favor and expect the DCEU to start getting better and surpass them over time. They're getting the Fantastic Four and the X-Men back, so if Jean Grey shows up in the MCU and the Phoenix Force takes over, Carol Danvers is toast. The Phoenix Force will slaughter Captain Marvel.

The feminist crap: yeah, they're just pandering to the leftist media with that, but they did that with Black Panther as well. They're branching out to certain demographics so they don't feel left out. That's Hollywood. I suppose there's room for it. I mean we have regular female characters in the Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora... we still have our regular male heroes. Whatever. We don't have to see Captain Marvel sequels if we don't want to. There's plenty of stuff for us to watch, and more coming in the future. Stan Lee would have wanted the Fantastic Four in the MCU and he would have wanted them done right. Expect it to come out now that they got it back from Fox. The same thing goes for mutants. Personally, I don't think Fox did a bad job with the X-Men, but Marvel will do it better. They might not get Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, or Hugh Jackman, but they'll know what to get.

Anyway, the cat was the best character in the film. And Stan Lee reading the script for Mallrats on the train was hilarious. I'm gonna miss that guy.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 03:50 PM
It's funny, because when they initially stated that they were going to make this film, "I was like, 'Really?'" In comic book circles, Carol Danvers is absolutely hated by virtually everybody because she's uber powerful and because she doesn't have the complex back story development that other comic book heroes have. Virtually all Marvel comic book characters not only gained their (limited) powers, but also a reason to use them to help others. Carol Danvers? Nope, she's just kicking ass for the sake of kicking ass and that makes her comic books boring and arrogant. That's why I mentioned the Kree as bad guys thing. In the movie, she gains a purpose to use her (godlike) powers to help somebody (the Skrulls), and that's pretty cool. However, her godlike powers do wear thin, but that would be the same as any guy hero. Hell, even Superman has a weakness that can be exploited. And that's why they keep writing Thor and the Hulk out of Avenger's action sequences. They know if those 2 are always around, there will never be a real challenge. So they get side gigs. Could you imagine Civil War with Thor and Hulk? That's why they were left out. There wouldn't be a Sokovia Accords or any force capable of taking Cap, Bucky, and Sam. The Hulk would shit all over them.

I don't think she's more powerful than Thor. If they write her like that, then they're shooting themselves in the foot. Keep in mind, Thor survived in space after Thanos slaughtered his people and blew his ship up, but I was ok with that because he's Asguardian and they're practically godlike. She's definitely not more powerful than Thanos, and Thor could have killed Thanos. The powers-that-be have stated that she can't take down Thanos on her own. I'm taking their word for it.

If we go back to what Vision said in Civil War during the Sokovia Accords debate: Strength invites challenge. If the MCU sticks to that idea, then her sequels should pit her up against real challenges. We should start seeing some crazy powerful cosmic beings show up across the board. They teased Adam Warlock during the end credits of Guardians 2. He's crazy powerful. Way more powerful than Carol Danvers. There were rumors of the Beyonder showing up in the films at some point, and he's more powerful than everyone except for The One Above All, God of the Marvel universe. The Beyonder is even more powerful than the Living Tribunal (crazy powerful), who's rumored to show up really soon. The Eternals is actually on the docket; it's getting made. Crazy powerful beings. The MCU's going cosmic on a large scale. Personally, I think it's a mistake, but what can you do? I don't run the studios, so I don't make the decisions. Expect the MCU to fall in quality and subsequently public favor and expect the DCEU to start getting better and surpass them over time. They're getting the Fantastic Four and the X-Men back, so if Jean Grey shows up in the MCU and the Phoenix Force takes over, Carol Danvers is toast. The Phoenix Force will slaughter Captain Marvel.

The feminist crap: yeah, they're just pandering to the leftist media with that, but they did that with Black Panther as well. They're branching out to certain demographics so they don't feel left out. That's Hollywood. I suppose there's room for it. I mean we have regular female characters in the Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora... we still have our regular male heroes. Whatever. We don't have to see Captain Marvel sequels if we don't want to. There's plenty of stuff for us to watch, and more coming in the future. Stan Lee would have wanted the Fantastic Four in the MCU and he would have wanted them done right. Expect it to come out now that they got it back from Fox. The same thing goes for mutants. Personally, I don't think Fox did a bad job with the X-Men, but Marvel will do it better. They might not get Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, or Hugh Jackman, but they'll know what to get.

Anyway, the cat was the best character in the film. And Stan Lee reading the script for Mallrats on the train was hilarious. I'm gonna miss that guy.

From a story ranking all 23 of the (main) Avengers:

https://i.imgur.com/qE23q89.png

:|

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Well, if they really want to be like that, start looking for DC to capitalize on Marvel's mistake(s).

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Aren't the Avengers getting all revamped after Endgame? They're 'retiring' Cap and Iron Man at the very least I believe.

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Hemsworth, Downey, and Evans' contracts are all up after this film. Whether they sign on to reprise roles in future installments has yet to be seen. Paltrow stated she won't be back after Endgame. They had Sebastian Stan locked up for 9 movies (apparently, end credit cameos count), and apparently he's going to be in a Marvel tv series on Disney+. Cumberbatch, Boseman, and Holland are getting more movies. We already know about Spider-man: Far From Home coming out later this year. There will probably be a third Ant-man film. I think Hiddleston's done after Endgame. There's gonna be a third Guardians movie and James Gunn is back in the driver's seat of it, after he finishes up the Suicide Squad reboot (reboot, not a sequel, and Will Smith's role is being taken over by Idris Elba, so they're getting serious). I don't know what's going on with Renner, Johansson, Bettany, Olsen, or Ruffalo. There's supposed to be a Black Widow movie, but I haven't heard anything about it. I think Mackie's supposed to be joining Stan in the Disney+ tv series, but don't take my word for it. No word on Cheadle.

They say Larson will take the leadership role of future Avengers movies. Whether or not they stick to that has yet to be seen.

That's all I can tell you for certain.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2019, 10:45 AM
https://i.imgur.com/6jFuSyMh.jpg

Since I haven't seen any of them and since I like The Gifted on TV, I figured I'd start knocking these out (there's a lot of them!). Now I realize this is old now and was done by 20th Century Fox and not Marvel Studios, so I'm not going to try and compare it to the MCU films. It was better than I was expecting. For some reason when these movies started coming out, I wasn't that interested in seeing them. But it was good. Not quite the production value of the MCU films, but still pretty good. Looking forward to continuing with the series of X-Men films.

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Want my opinion?

X-men was cool. X-men 2 is considered to be one of the best superhero movies ever made. It's a good one. X-men 3... not so much. They whiffed on the Phoenix story. Then you get into the newer ones with McAvoy and Fassbender in Stewart and McKellen's roles, respectively. First Class was interesting, but uneven. Days of Future Past was all kinds of awesome. Apocalypse was OK at best. Dark Phoenix is coming out later this year. As far as the Wolverine films go... X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a freakin' mess. The Wolverine was OK, but could have been better. And Logan was absolutely fantastic. JMO

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2019, 01:01 PM
I forgot the Deadpool movies. They rock. They're funny as all get out. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2019, 01:24 PM
I forgot the Deadpool movies. They rock. They're funny as all get out. :lol:

Without spoiling much of anything if you can, how does Deadpool fit into the X-Men lore? :confused:

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Without spoiling much of anything if you can, how does Deadpool fit into the X-Men lore? :confused:

Well, he is a mutant, although how he gets his powers differs between the movie and the comics. In the comics, he's a result of the Weapons X program that produced Wolverine. The Deadpool movie goes in a different direction. There's a version of Deadpool in Origins: Wolverine, also played by Reynolds, but Reynolds rebooted the character with his own set of movies, and thank God he did.

You'll see how thing shape up, movie-wise, when you watch the films.

Pony
04-08-2019, 03:04 PM

For the most part the Deadpool movies to date aren't directly related to any of the X-men movies. Kinda stand-alone.

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2019, 03:18 PM
For the most part the Deadpool movies to date aren't directly related to any of the X-men movies. Kinda stand-alone.

In the first movie, it's a joke Deadpool cracks as to which X-men time line he's in. In the second movie, there's a 'blink and you'll miss it' scene that answers that question. It answers that question in a really big, and amusing, way. But the confusing part is one of the characters from one of the time lines is a major supporting character in both Deadpool films, and he's from the other time line. They do crazy little things like that all over the place. You really have to pay attention to catch a lot of it.

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Aquaman

Glad I skipped this in the theater. Every time Amber Heard showed up on screen, I found myself murmuring "gold digger". The effects are pretty damn amazing, and I guess the story/plot is good, but the dialogue is juvenile at best. I was thinking maybe they hired George Lucas to write the dialogue.

Muddy
04-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Aquaman

Glad I skipped this in the theater. Every time Amber Heard showed up on screen, I found myself murmuring "gold digger". The effects are pretty damn amazing, and I guess the story/plot is good, but the dialogue is juvenile at best. I was thinking maybe they hired George Lucas to write the dialogue.

I have all but lost all interest in movies like that... CGI does absolutely nothing for me..

PorkChopSandwiches
04-10-2019, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOp5ROn1HE

This is on Netflix and is FUCKING amazing if you grew up on Mötley Crüe, probably still good even if you didnt grow up on them

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2019, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOp5ROn1HE

This is on Netflix and is FUCKING amazing if you grew up on Mötley Crüe, probably still good even if you didnt grow up on them

Fuck Motley Crue. Vince Neil should be in jail for the people he killed.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Oh, they get into that, I can't believe how little time he served for killing someone. Still a great movie

Hal-9000
04-10-2019, 04:04 PM
I saw Vince bone Pamela Anderson...never knew he killed people. Wtf :|

PorkChopSandwiches
04-10-2019, 04:09 PM
I saw Vince bone Pamela Anderson...never knew he killed people. Wtf :|

Hanoi Rocks drummer Razzle (left in above photo) was killed on Dec. 8, 1984, in a car accident. Born Nicholas Dingley, he was a passenger in a car driven by Motley Crue's Vince Neil.

The two bands were at a party given in honor of the Finnish band's first U.S. tour, when Neil and Razzle -- both of whom reportedly had already been drinking -- decided to make a run to the liquor store. As the car made its way around a winding Hollywood road, Neil lost control of the vehicle and smashed into another car. All involved sustained injuries, but Razzle was less fortunate. He was taken to South Bay Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. He was 24 years old.

Two decades later, Neil -- who was released from his 30-day jail sentence for the incident 10 days early for good behavior -- expressed remorse and admitted that he got off too easy for driving under the influence, telling Blender (via OpposingViews), "I wrote a $2.5 million check for vehicular manslaughter when Razzle died. I should have gone to prison. I definitely deserved to go to prison. But I did 30 days in jail and got laid and drank beer, because that's the power of cash. That's f---ed up."

In a 2006 interview with Metal Express, Hanoi guitarist Andy McCoy was asked about the accident: "I was there, what happened was Razzle disappeared, so did Vince. So me and T-Bone, Tommy Lee, took his car and went looking for them. We drove past this accident, and I was like, What color was the car they were driving? Because we just passed a f---king accident with a bright red sports car. Then I saw Razzle's hat on the street."

In 2011, Hanoi singer Michael Monroe gave sleazeroxx.com his take: "There was an accident, and unfortunately our drummer was killed. As far as Vince Neil, I have nothing to say. It was an accident. What happened happened, and it can't be changed. Everybody suffered from the whole thing."

Hanoi Rocks soldiered on briefly, bringing in former Clash drummer Terry Chimes to finish off some standing European dates, but shortly after, the band called it a day.

:(

Hal-9000
04-10-2019, 04:18 PM
:(

Thanks. So he served 20 days and paid 2.5 million to get out. That shit ain't right.

There's been a few celebs that have killed people. Matthew Broderick was driving in Ireland, crossed into the wrong lane and killed two people in the other car. He got a ticket for careless driving/175 dollars. The family of the victims were upset to say the least.

Goofy
04-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Thanks. So he served 20 days and paid 2.5 million to get out. That shit ain't right.

There's been a few celebs that have killed people. Matthew Broderick was driving in Ireland, crossed into the wrong lane and killed two people in the other car. He got a ticket for careless driving/175 dollars. The family of the victims were upset to say the least.

That sounds more like a genuine accident though rather than causing death by DUI. Yeah, his actions did cause someone's death but sending him to prison for an accident wasnt going to bring the guy back. He has to live with it for the rest of his life, thats probably punishment enough.

I guess my feelings would be different if it was a family member of mine involved though......

PorkChopSandwiches
04-10-2019, 05:15 PM
A legit accident and a DUI accident or different to me for sure

Hal-9000
04-10-2019, 05:19 PM
That sounds more like a genuine accident though rather than causing death by DUI. Yeah, his actions did cause someone's death but sending him to prison for an accident wasnt going to bring the guy back. He has to live with it for the rest of his life, thats probably punishment enough.

I guess my feelings would be different if it was a family member of mine involved though......

Yeah my nephew was killed by a driver at 4 pm on a sunny day and he didn't even get a ticket. Broderick is like the guy who hit my nephew...they didn't find evidence of drinking or drugs, but to me that doesn't matter. The driver lost control of the vehicle and caused injury/death. That's either not paying attention or not being competent and both outcomes should reflect the loss they caused.

If you fine someone 175 bucks after a vehicular death I think it belittles the incident and makes the driver have less respect for the event. It was an accident sure, but it was a bad accident that took lives.

Goofy
04-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Yeah my nephew was killed by a driver at 4 pm on a sunny day and he didn't even get a ticket. Broderick is like the guy who hit my nephew...they didn't find evidence of drinking or drugs, but to me that doesn't matter. The driver lost control of the vehicle and caused injury/death. That's either not paying attention or not being competent and both outcomes should reflect the loss they caused.

If you fine someone 175 bucks after a vehicular death I think it belittles the incident and makes the driver have less respect for the event. It was an accident sure, but it was a bad accident that took lives.
Yeah, as i said, i reckon my opinion would be different if it happened to one of my own.

At the same time though, would wrecking another life (long prison sentence for person that caused the accident) actually help anyone?

I guarantee everyone who's ever driven a vehicle has taken their eyes off the road/been distracted at certain times - 99.9% of us get away with it and no accident occurs. If it happened to me, and i caused someone else's death through my own negligence, id shoulder that guilt for the rest of my life.

My uncle knocked over and killed someone around 20 years ago, wasnt his fault at all as the guy ran out in front of him (suicide attempt they reckoned) - he hasnt been able to drive or work since and has spent a lot of time in therapy....... basically a life sentence through no fault of his own. I think most of us would have similar issues if we caused someone's death by accident and that's partly why i feel the punishment for causing death by accident shouldnt be too severe.

Sorry for your loss btw

Hal-9000
04-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Yeah, as i said, i reckon my opinion would be different if it happened to one of my own.

At the same time though, would wrecking another life (long prison sentence for person that caused the accident) actually help anyone?

I guarantee everyone who's ever driven a vehicle has taken their eyes off the road/been distracted at certain times - 99.9% of us get away with it and no accident occurs. If it happened to me, and i caused someone else's death through my own negligence, id shoulder that guilt for the rest of my life.

My uncle knocked over and killed someone around 20 years ago, wasnt his fault at all as the guy ran out in front of him (suicide attempt they reckoned) - he hasnt been able to drive or work since and has spent a lot of time in therapy....... basically a life sentence through no fault of his own. I think most of us would have similar issues if we caused someone's death by accident and that's partly why i feel the punishment for causing death by accident shouldnt be too severe.

Sorry for your loss btw

I was thinking of that sort of loss too, where the driver has no chance because the person runs out into traffic either on purpose or accidentally. I feel for your Uncle. That kind of thing affects the driver for life. We have above ground trains here as part of our transit service and people have jumped or been pushed off the platforms onto the tracks. The train drivers have to deal with that shit for years.

For sure there's always different scenarios :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about your Uncle as well.

DemonGeminiX
04-17-2019, 04:01 AM
Norm MacDonald: Hitler's Dog, Gossip & Trickery

Hal-9000
04-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Black Panther

https://i.imgur.com/KRpJxUh.jpg

Not sure what all of the fuss is about. I nearly turned this movie off twice and some of the scenes seemed embarrassing to the actors themselves.

Trying not to make it a color thing. One of the only superhero movies that didn't speak to me in any sense of the definition.

Yes there were lovely scenes and graphics but at this stage of the game with current CG and 200 million dollar budgets, that's to be expected.

When you strip the film down it's essentially a story about a guy who fights to keep his superhero entity in a beautiful and privileged world.

Muddy
04-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Black Panther

https://i.imgur.com/KRpJxUh.jpg

Not sure what all of the fuss is about. I nearly turned this movie off twice and some of the scenes seemed embarrassing to the actors themselves.

Trying not to make it a color thing. One of the only superhero movies that didn't speak to me in any sense of the definition.

Yes there were lovely scenes and graphics but at this stage of the game with current CG and 200 million dollar budgets, that's to be expected.

When you strip the film down it's essentially a story about a guy who fights to keep his superhero entity in a beautiful and privileged world.

Lets all pretend it was the best movie ever made so we can get the black people to like us..

Hal-9000
04-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Avengers : Age of Ultron

https://i.imgur.com/v7C61bY.jpg

Another ensemble superhero movie that tried (I think) to make it a more intimate and personal story. It just degenerates into these huge city wide battles that remind me a lot of the Transformers movies.

I can't recall the two superheroes involved in the first fight (Iron Man and Hulk) but I do know that probably about 1000 civilian people died who were in the immediate vicinity.

I guess it's cool for some fans to see seven or eight superheroes on screen for a battle. I don't see any jeopardy when most of them can't or won't die :shrug:

Guess I prefer the ol one or two superheroes at a time movies.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2019, 03:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hJSCqqIs4

This was great, its running on Netflix

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2019, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9fBCkwDW8c

This was pretty funny as well

Hal-9000
04-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Avengers : Infinity War

https://i.imgur.com/VGAtUHs.jpg

Finally, a giant ensemble piece that was enjoyable :thumbsup:

I'm trying to watch these Avenger movies in a recommended order, yet the beginning of this one made me feel like I missed two movies before it.

There is a way to have huge fights with multiple characters and dialogue happening, and not overwhelming the audience. This movie does it :thumbsup:

Griffin
04-27-2019, 01:54 AM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNjczMTcxOTM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk3MTY2MTI@._ V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Michelle Rodriguez full nude. What else needs to be said.

Hal-9000
04-27-2019, 04:44 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNjczMTcxOTM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk3MTY2MTI@._ V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Michelle Rodriguez full nude. What else needs to be said.

Shave that bush and lose some weight you dyke? :-s

Hal-9000
05-01-2019, 06:15 PM
The Vanishing 2019 (or Keepers...or some other weird foreign title depending on how it's listed)

https://i.imgur.com/KNIlwzI.jpg

Intense and well done movie though it may be hard to recommend.

Story of three guys who tend a lighthouse on a island. Slow at first and then an event occurs about halfway through.

From there it gets really interesting and Gerard Butler gives a great performance. Supposedly based on true events.

Muddy
05-01-2019, 06:46 PM
The Hateful Eight, again.

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2019, 12:37 AM
Avengers: Endgame

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 11:36 AM

Without spoilers, was it as good as everyone is saying it is?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 11:37 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Y9zaKrD.jpg

It wasn't too bad...the 'united' thing is a little misleading because there are still the good guys and the bad guys, but it was a pretty decent flick.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Without spoilers, was it as good as everyone is saying it is?

I thought it was good, but maybe not the be-all end-all like some people are making it out to be. I'm kind of torn on several aspects, so I was considering going to see it again. You tend to catch more nuance on the second viewing. Or I just might wait for a decent down-rent, or for it to come out on streaming.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 11:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Y9zaKrD.jpg

It wasn't too bad...the 'united' thing is a little misleading because there are still the good guys and the bad guys, but it was a pretty decent flick.

People claim that that's the best Marvel mutant movie. Personally, I think Logan's better.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Apollo 11

https://i.imgur.com/6CB7WOA.jpg

Remastered and restored footage showing everything from the launch to the return of the astronauts who first walked on the moon.

No complicated science or talking head interviews, just 1.5 hours of some breathtaking imagery of the flight.

Nothing is added, they used actual footage at the launch pad, in both flight control centers and from the various craft they flew.

It was amazing what they accomplished on this mission.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-06-2019, 05:06 PM

I watched this, overall lame. Fuck their pandering....whack

Godfather
05-08-2019, 05:15 AM
Abducted in Plain Sight.... I don't even know what to say. I was yelling at my TV, how the fuck could these parents allow this to happen. Maybe people really were a lot more ignorant in the 70's, they were Mormons which might've culturally played a role, maybe the abductor really was this sly motherfucker... but something isn't right about the side of the story we're told in the Netflix documentary.

Muddy
05-08-2019, 10:14 AM

I dont watch any of these really. Can you explain to me what they are pandering to?

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2019, 11:01 AM

:lol:

I'm actually curious as to what you think they're pandering to. Use the spoiler tags as other people haven't seen it yet.

Hal-9000
05-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Abducted in Plain Sight.... I don't even know what to say. I was yelling at my TV, how the fuck could these parents allow this to happen. Maybe people really were a lot more ignorant in the 70's, they were Mormons which might've culturally played a role, maybe the abductor really was this sly motherfucker... but something isn't right about the side of the story we're told in the Netflix documentary.

No shit eh. Nothing like the scene with both parents admitting to relations with the neighbor...after he abducted their daughter.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Pandering
I just found it really annoying and pandering when Cpt Marvel was taking the Infinity Gantlet and all the female cast "had her back" :roll:
Plus I already have a bad taste for Brie Larson after her BS anti white male rhetoric when Cpt Marvel was being released

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Pandering
I just found it really annoying and pandering when Cpt Marvel was taking the Infinity Gantlet and all the female cast "had her back" :roll:
Plus I already have a bad taste for Brie Larson after her BS anti white male rhetoric when Cpt Marvel was being released

Believe it or not, Captain Marvel supposedly had a much larger role in the movie, but because of all the backlash against her during Capt Marvel, they cut her parts out early on. They also cut about 30 minutes of footage from the release, so technically, if they didn't throw the cuts away, there could conceivably be several versions of Endgame floating around.

In actuality, they weren't really pandering. It was a call back to Infinity War when Black Widow, Okoye, and Scarlet Witch were fighting Proxima Midnight in Wakanda. Also, it's a reference to a specific comic book, the full female-only Avengers team called A-Force. That comic was released in 2015. That whole movie is a bunch of references to comic junk. Cap fighting himself, Cap saying "Hail Hydra" in the elevator, Cap wielding Mjolnir, Tony Stark dying, Cap being old, Sam becoming Captain America, Professor Hulk, time travel, and a shit-ton of other junk. All of this stuff came directly from the comics.

It was only a few seconds so it's not like the "pandering" dominated the film. I still say Cap wielding Mjolnir made the whole battle sequence. But hey that's just my opinion.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Believe it or not, Captain Marvel supposedly had a much larger role in the movie, but because of all the backlash against her during Capt Marvel, they cut her parts out early on. They also cut about 30 minutes of footage from the release, so technically, if they didn't throw the cuts away, there could conceivably be several versions of Endgame floating around.

In actuality, they weren't really pandering. It was a call back to Infinity War when Black Widow, Okoye, and Scarlet Witch were fighting Proxima Midnight in Wakanda. Also, it's a reference to a specific comic book, the full female-only Avengers team called A-Force. That comic was released in 2015. That whole movie is a bunch of references to comic junk. Cap fighting himself, Cap saying "Hail Hydra" in the elevator, Cap wielding Mjolnir, Tony Stark dying, Cap being old, Sam becoming Captain America, Professor Hulk, time travel, and a shit-ton of other junk. All of this stuff came directly from the comics.

It was only a few seconds so it's not like the "pandering" dominated the film. I still say Cap wielding Mjolnir made the whole battle sequence. But hey that's just my opinion.

Fair, still I thought it was lame. I also didnt think this was the best out of all of them.

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Fair, still I thought it was lame. I also didnt think this was the best out of all of them.

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards it not being the best too. It was a fun ride, but I still think the Winter Soldier is the best Marvel film to date.

I don't think they're gonna recover from not having the big two guys in the MCU any more.

Muddy
05-08-2019, 05:01 PM
I hate when hot topic current events are interjected into fantasy world.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2019, 04:19 PM
THE WANDERING EARTH
Its on Netflix, highest grossing movie ever out of China. I enjoyed it, wild concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsOwtKNsAA

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 02:58 PM
I hate when hot topic current events are interjected into fantasy world.

Should of seen the mini dust up I had with a chick about Game of Thrones. She brought up racism in a scene that was clearly misogynistic :lol:

How do you argue with someone like that after they insult you..

Muddy
05-13-2019, 12:48 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/dzjdw4.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
05-13-2019, 03:36 PM

Muddy
05-13-2019, 03:43 PM

My wife says Im the bald guy.. :lol:

fricnjay
05-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Pandering

I saw Captain Marvell Saturday and Endgame last night. I found Captain Marvel to be totally unnecessary in both and Larson's delivery was stale at best. I also agree with Porky in that the little girl power segment was totally gratuitous and also unnecessary and was just there to appease all the SJWs. However my 11yo daughter turning to my wife and saying "girl power" kinda made it worth it. DG is right though the way they plugged into all the comics was pretty damn cool. Beer belly Thor was AWESOME and him wielding both Mjolnir and Storm Breaker then Cap nabbing Mjolnir was so cool I about lost my shit. I honestly liked how they killed off Stark too, it started and ended with him and in a great way. End Game was really Amazing but Captain Marvell sucked and there is no way it made as much money as they said. Movie was truly the first bomb Marvell has made. Its like they spent 300 million for permission to make end game or something.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Captain Marvel is supposedly going to be the leader of the Avengers going forward. I'm saying it's going to break Marvel. It's a huge mistake.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Captain Marvel is supposedly going to be the leader of the Avengers going forward. I'm saying it's going to break Marvel. It's a huge mistake.

Bad move

fricnjay
05-13-2019, 04:26 PM

Bad move

I totally agree, she does not have the mojo to carry a franchise. She has no gravitas or serious credibility to pull it off. I found the movie splintered and disjointed. Compared to all the other films it seemed rushed with nothing near the attention to detail the other films have. On top of that her acting was all over the place and totally unbelievable. She really does remind me of Kristen Stewart as far as her delivery goes. Blah all around. In the Original Avengers comics it was Ant mans idea and he was for the most part the leader. I think Paul Rudd has the juice to pull it off personally.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 05:21 PM
I totally agree, she does not have the mojo to carry a franchise. She has no gravitas or serious credibility to pull it off. I found the movie splintered and disjointed. Compared to all the other films it seemed rushed with nothing near the attention to detail the other films have. On top of that her acting was all over the place and totally unbelievable. She really does remind me of Kristen Stewart as far as her delivery goes. Blah all around. In the Original Avengers comics it was Ant mans idea and he was for the most part the leader. I think Paul Rudd has the juice to pull it off personally.

In the original Avengers comic, Ant-man was Hank Pym, not Scott Lang.

fricnjay
05-13-2019, 05:30 PM
In the original Avengers comic, Ant-man was Hank Pym, not Scott Lang.

This is true. :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
05-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Watched all 3 Matrix

fricnjay
05-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Watched all 3 Matrix

I watched John Wick and John Wick Ch2

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Upgrade

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YKZhzsi" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/YKZhzsi"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Surprisingly good and stylish movie about a guy who becomes a quadriplegic after an accident and then gets some medical help put into his body.

The first effect seemed a little wonky, an automated car, but stick with it as the movie and tech within improves :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:26 PM
aaand Imgur is totally screwed up now :banghead:

Muddy
05-21-2019, 05:16 PM
The Equalizer with Denzel.

Denzel is the man..

http://i67.tinypic.com/1z7voo.jpg

Hal-9000
05-23-2019, 03:49 PM
Deadpool 2

https://i.imgur.com/wlAz4o3.jpg

Constant rapid fire jokes and violence. Exhausting as Ryan Reynolds never shuts up.

Scoutmaster Kevin? :lol:

Muddy
05-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Deadpool 2

https://i.imgur.com/wlAz4o3.jpg

Constant rapid fire jokes and violence. Exhausting as Ryan Reynolds never shuts up.

Scoutmaster Kevin? :lol:

Wasnt Ryan Reynolds the gay green lantern?

Hal-9000
05-23-2019, 05:13 PM

He was and they addressed it in this movie :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2019, 04:21 PM
https://www.heavenofhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/the-perfection-netflix.jpg

Decent, a little cheesy. But overall I enjoyed it

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2019, 04:22 PM

Thats the only green lantern

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 12:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/03gykfI.jpg

Original Netflix film...wasn't too bad. B-type scary movie and it wasn't too bad at all considering.

Muddy
06-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Thats the only green lantern

The head lantern guy was the epitome of gay.. He could like lead a gay pride festival..

DemonGeminiX
06-04-2019, 12:36 AM
Deadwood: the Movie

lost in melb.
06-10-2019, 08:13 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkxMTczNTA4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDAyMzgwODM@._ V1_.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2019, 08:16 PM
I watched it as well, it was alright :tup:

lost in melb.
06-10-2019, 08:35 PM
I watched it as well, it was alright :tup:

Agreed. Apart from one boring bit in the shipping container I liked it :)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Agreed. Apart from one boring bit in the shipping container I liked it :)

Agreed

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2019, 06:24 AM
I am Mother. Meh. It was alright.

Hal-9000
07-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse

Lots of accolades for this cartoon and the graphics were well done. I wasn't one of the people who liked the story however. Too many ...things.

Written as a comedy so it never generated any tension or menace.

Godfather
07-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Finally watched Get Out. Really enjoyed it, not jump scary, just creepy and suspenseful. The less you know about the plot going into it, the better.

DemonGeminiX
07-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Shazam!

Meh. I thought it was boring.

lost in melb.
07-07-2019, 10:49 PM
Shazam!

Meh. I thought it was boring.

Over the top boring

Hal-9000
07-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Kon-Tiki (2012)

True story of Thor Heyerdahl's 4300 mile journey from South America to the Polynesian Islands on a raft made of balsa wood in 1947.

Heyerdahl was attempting to prove a theory that the Polynesians could have traveled from South America on rafts just using the tradewinds and currents.

He traveled with five other men, who despite not having experience, both built and sailed the raft.

It took 101 days and they made it. Complete with pictures and some film. When you consider what an absolute crap-shoot the journey was in terms of landing on any land mass 5000 miles west of the starting point, it seemed more like a suicide mission than a scientific journey.

And Thor couldn't swim :lol:

Hal-9000
07-12-2019, 03:58 PM
8 Days: To the Moon and Back

Interesting idea of using the actual voice transmissions from the moon landing lip-synched by actors playing Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins.
They used real footage and pictures along with new graphics, while reenacting communications throughout the mission.

The mission still fascinates me when you consider that Apollo 8 was the first craft to orbit the moon, only seven months (Dec/1968) before Apollo 11 attempted to land on it.

Hal-9000
07-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Wild Wild Country

Engaging six part docuseries uses actual footage and current interviews with key people involved to tell the story of the Bhagwan Rajneesh's followers, who moved to a rural area of Oregon to set up a town. They had money, intelligence, modern habits and thousands of people.

The key player was the Rajneesh's secretary/second in command Sheela. I've rarely seen a woman who both energized a following and then weaponized it.

Without spoilers (events took place primarily from 1981-1984), this is a fantastic and horrible story of how rural American tried to fight a cult who used America's own laws against them.

lost in melb.
07-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Nothing innovative or intellectual for me.

John Wick pt. 1&2

Pony
07-18-2019, 12:10 AM
The History of Time Travel (amazon)

Interesting documentary style take on the invention of the first time machine.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-29-2019, 04:24 PM
https://cdn.theouterhaven.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/HolmesandWatson-750x400.jpg

What a pile of shit

fricnjay
07-29-2019, 04:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VYTG0Dc.jpg

Got my Atmos ceiling speakers installed and watched Ready Player One in 4k and Dolby Atmos. Holy Shit Balls Batman it was awesome. The audio was amazing totally immersive and visually it was stunning. But the story was surprising good.

Muddy
07-29-2019, 05:59 PM
Anchorman 2. Funny and stupid all rolled into one misshapen ball.

lost in melb.
07-31-2019, 03:17 AM
Avengers: endgame

I haven't read any of the internet stuff, but I assume that Doctor Strange knew the entire future, hence giving the stone to Thanos first time round?

DemonGeminiX
07-31-2019, 03:59 AM
He knew all of the possible outcomes, and the only one where they would win. That means he also knew that a younger Thanos would jump through time, and Tony would die in order for them to defeat him.

DemonGeminiX
07-31-2019, 04:19 AM
By the way, Rhodey has some of the best lines in Endgame.

Godfather
07-31-2019, 05:27 AM
Avengers Age of Ultron.... ya I'm a little behind on the MCU :lol: Pretty good though, I think I'll keep watching and get caught up.

lost in melb.
08-01-2019, 01:07 AM
By the way, Rhodey has some of the best lines in Endgame.

He did. a subtle character

Hal-9000
08-01-2019, 01:10 PM
He knew all of the possible outcomes, and the only one where they would win. That means he also knew that a younger Thanos would jump through time, and Tony would die in order for them to defeat him.

This sounds like a major spoiler as I haven't seen it yet. is it?

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2019, 04:44 PM
You Were Never Really Here

on Amazon Prime.

Wow.

RBP
08-04-2019, 05:10 PM
You Were Never Really Here

on Amazon Prime.

Wow.

Just watched the trailer. :shock:

lost in melb.
08-04-2019, 06:18 PM
This sounds like a major spoiler as I haven't seen it yet. is it?

Honestly, the whole thing is so scrambled you won't remember a thing.

fricnjay
08-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Watched Infinity War and End Game back to back in the home theater. I saw them both in the theater but the second time around was even better. Caught a lot of little things I missed the first time.

lost in melb.
08-10-2019, 02:21 AM
https://www.foxmovies.com/s3/dev-temp/en-US/__5cc2793f04859.jpg

\

Despite feminists trying to destroy the genre, I actually enjoy a female ass-kicking protagonist. I liked it.

Next time though, they really need to invest more thought into script-writers and concept. They came very close to fucking this one up. It was as though they tried to make a self-contained movie that might be a trilogy - or sequel. Make up your mind! Parts were rushed, and too many dumb meaningless characters for my liking. Still, not as bad as I was expecting. Thoughts anyone?

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a26142777/alita-battle-angel-james-cameron-robert-rodriguez-three-hour-script/

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2019, 03:28 AM
Brightburn :tup:

Godfather
08-10-2019, 05:39 AM
Watched I, Tanya. Good flick, didn't know much about that story.

Hal-9000
08-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Green Room

https://i.imgur.com/4n5cSTT.jpg

Highly rated thriller about a fledgling punk band that gets a gig in Ruralville, USA and encounter some skinheads who run a bar.

Classified as a horror without supernatural elements. Tightly written, at times puzzling because the script doesn't hold your hand explaining every scene.

Pacing is great. Jean Luc Picard and movie Mr Checkov are in it. Good flick :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-10-2019, 04:42 PM
I'd like to chat with someone who's seen Green Room ^^^ as I have a question about one of the plot points.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-19-2019, 11:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KkCfWJq.jpg

Wow....

Warning, if you are inclined to peek, this is a HUGE spoiler...you've been warned
I can't believe they killed Iron Man :(

If there are others that haven't seen this yet, I do unfortunately suggest watching Captain Marvel first (I did).

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 01:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GJbEcdC.jpg

Watched it yesterday in my theater room, cant wait till 4 comes out in 2021 :dance:

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Rocketman

https://i.imgur.com/o5oqf0e.png

Taren Egerton does his own singing in what I'm going to call a fantasy musical. The format reminded me of the great and little known Across the Universe, which featured Beatles songs performed by various actors.

Other than a full on male gay scene I had to avert my eyes for, I thought this was entertaining. I've come to appreciate the songs later in life after hearing them as a child :thumbsup:

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Rocketman

https://i.imgur.com/o5oqf0e.png

Taren Egerton does his own singing in what I'm going to call a fantasy musical. The format reminded me of the great and little known Across the Universe, which featured Beatles songs performed by various actors.

Other than a full on male gay scene I had to rewind and pleasure myself to several times, I thought this was entertaining. I've come to appreciate the songs later in life after hearing them as a child :thumbsup:

:ftfy:

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 03:33 PM
:hand: He was kissing one of the Stark boys.

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 03:38 PM
:hand: He was kissing one of the Stark boys.

I dont know what that means :huh:

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 03:41 PM
I dont know what that means :huh:

Actor who played Robb Stark is in the movie.

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Actor who played Robb Stark is in the movie.

I dont know who that is, I have NEVER been a fan of Elton John. My wife is but I just don't dig his stuff.

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 04:10 PM
You've never seen Game of Thrones or even heard of Robb Stark?

Considering you're on the net and do watch a fair amount of entertainment I find that puzzling :-k

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 04:30 PM
You've never seen Game of Thrones or even heard of Robb Stark?

Considering you're on the net and do watch a fair amount of entertainment I find that puzzling :-k

I watched the first season and couldn't get into it. :dunno:

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 04:41 PM
I watched the first season and couldn't get into it. :dunno:

It's got some of the highest production values for TV shows, especially in the later seasons and with all of your viewing bling you should check it out.

fricnjay
08-19-2019, 04:44 PM
It's got some of the highest production values for TV shows, especially in the later seasons and with all of your viewing bling you should check it out.

But how can you do character development if you kill them all off?

Hal-9000
08-19-2019, 04:45 PM
But how can you do character development if you kill them all off?

That's not what happens...shhhhh

lost in melb.
08-20-2019, 02:34 AM
Enjoyed this. Nothing like it!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/58/d4/7358d4a908df376f27588fe6d0821a61.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
08-21-2019, 04:29 PM
https://pacificties.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi.jpg

Found it mostly boring

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2019, 04:38 PM
https://pacificties.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi.jpg

Found it mostly boring

:|

Don't even get me started...

lost in melb.
08-31-2019, 01:15 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg

Muddy
09-10-2019, 03:26 PM
The Last Jedi.. I was entertained.. That's all I require. It had good moments and some moments I questioned..

https://i.imgur.com/uliP8Ll.png

Godfather
09-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Watched Bill Burr's new special Paper Tiger. Really enjoyed it. The first bit is all up in the face of all this cultural BS going on, but after that it's more about family and him and it's just funny and introspective and kind of sweet (I've got a soft spot for Bill listening to his podcast for years, which is basically just him yelling at his voicemail box by himself). I'd recommend it.

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Spider-man: Far From Home

Sony's really going to suck at making these without Marvel.

Godfather
09-15-2019, 03:50 AM
Spider-man: Far From Home

Sony's really going to suck at making these without Marvel.

It's gunna be brutal.

You see Into the Spider Verse? I'm not a massive Marvel fan but it was great.

DemonGeminiX
09-16-2019, 01:27 AM
It's gunna be brutal.

You see Into the Spider Verse? I'm not a massive Marvel fan but it was great.

Yeah, Into the Spiderverse was a lot of fun.

fricnjay
09-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Watched the original Tim Burton Batman in 4k Atmos in my theater last night. WOW! :faint:

Godfather
09-21-2019, 02:30 AM
I was just thinking about the early days on this website and I have a question.

Did Lance RBP ever end up watching The Dark Knight? Maybe I'm misremembering but I think it was him who was strictly opposed to seeing it.

RBP
09-21-2019, 04:12 AM

Did Lance ever end up watching The Dark Knight? Maybe I'm misremembering but I think it was him who was strictly opposed to seeing it.

I thought only broads brought up disagreements from 11 years ago.

Godfather
09-21-2019, 04:21 AM
I thought only broads brought up disagreements from 11 years ago.

:rofl: Nah, shit disturbing crosses all sexual and cultural borders as far as I know.

RBP
09-21-2019, 04:24 AM
:rofl: Nah, shit disturbing crosses all sexual and cultural borders as far as I know.

That's generational. Some of us were socialized to do something physical in the yard or the garage when the broads got mouthy about some bullshit we forgot about after 2 minutes.

Godfather
09-21-2019, 04:30 AM
That's generational. Some of us were socialized to do something physical in the yard or the garage when the broads got mouthy about some bullshit we forgot about after 2 minutes.

Alright alright point taken, my bad :lol:

Hal-9000
09-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Alright alright point taken, my bad :lol:

Ask Lance about Avatar, the best movie ever made :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2019, 05:25 PM

Did Lance RBP ever end up watching The Dark Knight? Maybe I'm misremembering but I think it was him who was strictly opposed to seeing it.It was me, I watched it eventually and it sucked. Always trust your instincts :hand:
Ask Lance about Avatar, the best movie ever made :thumbsup:The suckiest suck that ever sucked :hand: Three fucking hours of my life that I'll never get back.

:suicide:

Pony
09-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Anna

DemonGeminiX
09-22-2019, 01:34 AM
It (2017)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2019, 10:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HR201tB.jpg

It was good I guess, but after hearing some of the hype, I dunno, I guess I was just expecting...more? Still a good film and I would like to say that it was a good adaptation of the King novel, but it's been sooooo long since I read it, that my memories of it are foggy at best.

DemonGeminiX
09-23-2019, 11:48 AM
I liked it. I didn't think it was terribly scary, but not much in the way of horror scares me anymore nowadays anyway. Skarsgard's turn as Pennywise was decidedly different from Curry's in the 90s miniseries. I'm not sure which one I like better, I kinda forget how Pennywise was written in the novel. I'll have to find the book and read it again.

fricnjay
09-23-2019, 03:14 PM
It was entertaining but still trying to figure out if it was good or not. :-k

https://i.imgur.com/PivdG4K.jpg