Thread: Writer claims she's 'under investigation' after she 'misgendered' trans-rights activist's child

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

SJW Writer claims she's 'under investigation' after she 'misgendered' trans-rights activist's child

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Caroline Farrow, a popular Catholic columnist and a mother of five, said authorities want to have “a “taped interview under caution” with her amid allegations of transphobic behavior
    on social media. (Twitter/Caroline Farrow)

A Roman Catholic columnist in Britain claims she is being investigated by an overzealous local police department for not using the appropriate pronouns in describing the daughter of a transgender rights activist on Twitter.

Caroline Farrow, a mother of five, said authorities want to have a “taped interview under caution” with her amid reports of transphobic behavior on social media that have prompted a probe under the country's Malicious Communications Act, which bars offensive, threatening and abusive content online.

“Had a message from Guildford police tonight about my tweets following an appearance on @GMB with Susie Green and Piers Morgan. Susie Green has reported me for misgendering her daughter,” Farrow wrote in a tweet Monday.

She referred to her appearance on “Good Morning Britain” last year, where she debated Susie Green, chief of an organization that supports transgender children and their families, and offered a skeptical view concerning gender transition.

The investigation was reportedly prompted after she identified Green’s transgender daughter as a boy.

“I have pointed out to the police that I am a Catholic journalist/commentator and it is my religious belief that a person cannot change sex. That we are in the middle of a national conversation about what it means to be male and what it means to be female,” Farrow said.

“Nonetheless, following my appearance on National Television the CPS have decided I need to be interviewed under caution for misgendering Susie Green’s child.”

A spokesman for the local police department in Surrey told the Daily Mail that authorities are working to “establish whether any criminal offenses have taken place."

“A 44-year-old woman has been asked to attend a voluntary interview in relation to the allegation as part of our ongoing investigation,” the police added.

The columnist says she doesn’t even remember misgendering the child, noting that the Twitter spat she had was months ago.

“All I have been told that following an appearance on 'Good Morning Britain' I made some tweets misgendering Susie Green’s child and that I need to attend a taped interview,” she said.

“I don’t even remember said tweets. This was in September! But I really not got give a flying toss. I have done nothing wrong, nothing illegal and will happily do jail time for my right to say that people cannot change sex.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    "reported transphobic behavior for misgendering a child in a Tweet"

God that screams 1984 in the worst way.

I keep saying it. How is the outside world supposed to know what gender a child is identifying as if they look like a girl or a boy? Maybe how they appear to others should be a clue to the parents...

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fricnjay For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-20-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    "reported transphobic behavior for misgendering a child in a Tweet"

God that screams 1984 in the worst way.

I keep saying it...how is the outside world supposed to know what gender a child is identifying as if they look like a girl or a boy? Maybe how they appear to others should be a clue to the parents...
    And it seems the UK is getting REALLY bad about going after all the alleged transphobic stuff like this. Definitely scary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-20-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    I got into a large argument/discussion/lynching online over the idea gender isn't sex, sex doesn't define gender and I felt like that guy above explaining.

You get yanked out of your mama, doctor looks at your gear and checks either male if you have a worm or female in you have a slit on the birth certificate. There is no gray area according to the doctor.